Thanks again OP.
Old 04-19-16, 02:24 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Thanks again OP.
Thanks, OP for WHAT?

He has NOT updated any new info about the case yet. There has to be something fishy here. IFF the rear seat just suddenly burnt up then you have NOTHING to HIDE, HELP us by letting us know why. I want to know the reasons WHY it's just burnt like that.
Old 04-19-16, 04:41 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Exactly. It was sarcasm.
Old 04-20-16, 06:25 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
His PM to me basically says they are not giving him those answers. In fairness to him, he said he is dealing with some medical issues right now that are limiting his ability to deal with this. He did send me a well written response.
I would like an update too, but in the post above it was mentioned that the OP is going through some medical issues. So although we would all like an update the OP may be dealing with more important things right now..
Old 04-20-16, 07:42 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

No offense to the OP, but they took the time to start this incredibly worrisome thread, and then disappears. Can we just lock the thread and never have to look at it again. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-16, 10:58 PM
AirForcegx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update to GX460 burned back seat...ughh

so, the leather people couldn't fix the burned back seat, it was beyond their scope. USAA had to send out a new appraiser who was actually decent and said yes the seat cover and seat heater had to be replaced with lexus parts..so paid for the seat covers in advance, took car in, and when they removed the seat to replace the seat heaters and covers, they discovered that the burn went all the way to the frame!! and melted wires..basically what was originally a couple of thousand to replace is not at 20k with the 16k supplemental...I am at my wits end, my insurance company is dragging their heels because the supplemental is so much, I keep posted to Lexus corporate and Lexus and Toyota Facebook, i was told sometimes social media helps. in desperation i even contacted my local news guys who told me to send an email to new director and if there was any interest they would go from there. I have already made a NHTSA report, I have contacted Clark Howard's team, I have made a BBB complaint, I don't know what else to do!!...my kid could have been in that seat.
Attached Thumbnails back seat burned up-img_3542.jpg   back seat burned up-img_3543.jpg   back seat burned up-img_3538.jpg   back seat burned up-img_0605.jpg   back seat burned up-img_0599.jpg  

back seat burned up-screen-shot-2016-07-20-at-12.13.04-pm.png   back seat burned up-screen-shot-2016-07-20-at-9.13.56-pm.png  
Old 07-21-16, 04:33 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, that is amazing. Best of luck with the resolution. I would really like to see Lexus get more involved simply because I think they are best equipped to do the forensics on what started it.

BTW, there are companies that do exactly that....forensics. You might want to google them and see if you can find a company with a local office that would be willing on discussing what would be involved. These companies are mostly used for crash forensics I believe.

Just did a Google search....

http://www.jurispro.com/category/automotive-s-6/OK/

BTW, I just noticed you show Florida in your forum location, I looked up Oklahoma because of the location listed on the picture you posted above.

Last edited by jjscsix; 07-21-16 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-21-16, 07:48 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sorry dude. Why didnt u put up those pics in the first place?

The price is ridiculous imho. Did you have to pay or did someone else pay?

I would of just gone and found a totaled gx and ripped out the rear seat and components i needed. There are a quite a few out there already. Best of luck to u.
Old 07-21-16, 09:00 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by AirForcegx
so, the leather people couldn't fix the burned back seat, it was beyond their scope. USAA had to send out a new appraiser who was actually decent and said yes the seat cover and seat heater had to be replaced with lexus parts..so paid for the seat covers in advance, took car in, and when they removed the seat to replace the seat heaters and covers, they discovered that the burn went all the way to the frame!! and melted wires..basically what was originally a couple of thousand to replace is not at 20k with the 16k supplemental...I am at my wits end, my insurance company is dragging their heels because the supplemental is so much, I keep posted to Lexus corporate and Lexus and Toyota Facebook, i was told sometimes social media helps. in desperation i even contacted my local news guys who told me to send an email to new director and if there was any interest they would go from there. I have already made a NHTSA report, I have contacted Clark Howard's team, I have made a BBB complaint, I don't know what else to do!!...my kid could have been in that seat.
I'm sorry for this misfortune happened to you. If this is truly caused by faulty design Lexus should be on top of it. You made me worry about my GX as well. Yes, my kids sit on it everyday....

Please keep us posted.
Old 07-21-16, 09:07 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I Still cannot believe that Lexus hasn't stepped up and just fixed it, this is crazy--Lexus is not like this from my experience
Old 07-21-16, 07:16 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Looking at the pictures I cannot wrap my head around what happened. If there was enough of a fire to damage the metal framework that is rusted, how was the fire extinguished? If there was not an actual fire, why the heavy rust?
Old 07-21-16, 07:39 PM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
I Still cannot believe that Lexus hasn't stepped up and just fixed it, this is crazy--Lexus is not like this from my experience
If Lexus doesn't believe there was a design or manufacturing issue and that the customer caused the damage they aren't going to just fix it for free out of good will, especially something like this.

Old 07-21-16, 07:43 PM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I'm sorry for this misfortune happened to you. If this is truly caused by faulty design Lexus should be on top of it. You made me worry about my GX as well. Yes, my kids sit on it everyday....

Please keep us posted.
Your GX is fine. No need to worry.
Old 07-21-16, 09:40 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Looking at the pictures I cannot wrap my head around what happened. If there was enough of a fire to damage the metal framework that is rusted, how was the fire extinguished? If there was not an actual fire, why the heavy rust?

I was wondering about the rust as well. I think the seat may have been wet, water leaked on it or something and soaked everything underneath, perhaps causing a short and the fire. Just my theory.
Old 07-22-16, 04:14 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by T4Fun
I was wondering about the rust as well. I think the seat may have been wet, water leaked on it or something and soaked everything underneath, perhaps causing a short and the fire. Just my theory.
That makes sense to me as well. But still need to know how the fire was put out. Now I'm back to believing there is more to the story than we know.

Quick Reply: back seat burned up