GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

back seat burned up

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 04:58 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

What was the reason for denial?

Did they accuse you of burning the seat? If so, they must have proof, otherwise its just words.
Old 03-30-16, 07:20 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

His PM to me basically says they are not giving him those answers. In fairness to him, he said he is dealing with some medical issues right now that are limiting his ability to deal with this. He did send me a well written response.
Old 03-30-16, 08:36 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a few PM's as well, trying to help cause this is total bullshiiiiit
Old 03-30-16, 09:41 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

This situation sucks, not only is this person ill... they have to deal with this issue. I'm not going to press this member on their response. Their health is more important than this seat at this time. I hope OP is doing well.
Old 03-31-16, 07:04 AM
AirForcegx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest Response from lexus

lexus latest response
Old 03-31-16, 07:15 PM
jjscsix
Racer

That is an amazingly disappointing response from Lexus. What it tells me is that they are responding only under the assumption that a lawsuit is likely.
Old 03-31-16, 07:19 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Im not sure why people here egging this thing on. Until better picks are put up here, its still trolling.
The seat looks like something was on it and melted away the top layer and the hat. Not a vehicle issue, and if I were lexus, I would be questioning the issue too.
Old 03-31-16, 07:46 PM
AirForcegx
Driver School Candidate

yea right, trolling..thats why i have wasted my time since july2015..i don't have to prove anything to you guys, just asking for help, and lexus didn't need pictures, they sent an inspector to the dealership and then denied the claim, i purchased a new car to have no headaches with any unforeseen expenses with repairs, i had previously tried used cars and would end up paying more to fix them. Lexus customer service wouldn't have a case number and a response if this was just someone who liked to play on the internet, trust me I am not bored, quite the contrary
Old 03-31-16, 08:38 PM
Craigyyy
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

People have a hard time believing you because it sounds so strange.

If Lexus denied warranty claim have you inquired with your insurance? Fire damage is usually covered. However you might have to pay a deductible.

I hope it works out for you.
Old 03-31-16, 09:12 PM
AirForcegx
Driver School Candidate

Trust me I agree!!
My insurance is not wanting to replace anything but the seat material. ugh..they don't cover mechanical failures..which I understand,,but their estimate was really low..so I am kind of stuck, I have to get this fixed right, this is a lease vehicle and I will be turning it in in a year...and the usaa adjustor didn't reference lexus specific parts..i have some seamstress piece together the leather...between lexus and at&t they are becoming my full time job..i signed up for at&t with directtv in december and they still don't have the billing correct...I don't understand why they wouldn't just cover it as a warranty issue and be done with it. I believe they will probably say that they couldn't replicate the problem..but I won't know until I get the infamous letter. I even posted on Lexus Facebook, but it disappears.
Old 03-31-16, 09:22 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AirForcegx
yea right, trolling..thats why i have wasted my time since july2015..i don't have to prove anything to you guys, just asking for help, and lexus didn't need pictures, they sent an inspector to the dealership and then denied the claim, i purchased a new car to have no headaches with any unforeseen expenses with repairs, i had previously tried used cars and would end up paying more to fix them. Lexus customer service wouldn't have a case number and a response if this was just someone who liked to play on the internet, trust me I am not bored, quite the contrary

I think you either you post up better pics or rest your case pal.
If you want help, stop posting half of the picture and deliberate cut offs of the pics.
post the picture of the ENTIRE back seat and all or no one here believes you.
I think you put something on the seat, left the warmer on, and it burnt up. No other explanation for it!
Old 04-01-16, 03:40 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by T4Fun
I think you either you post up better pics or rest your case pal.
If you want help, stop posting half of the picture and deliberate cut offs of the pics.
post the picture of the ENTIRE back seat and all or no one here believes you.
I think you put something on the seat, left the warmer on, and it burnt up. No other explanation for it!
I'm going on record as not agreeing with you. He has gone out of his way to send a couple of us detailed explanations via PM because the forum was delaying his posts. Sure, the picture wasn't great, but so what?

It would be quite easy for a dealer to look at the seat and see if the fire originated at the heating element or from something on top of the seat. What is strange to me is that neither the dealer or Lexus has told him what they believe or don't believe caused it.
Old 04-01-16, 06:37 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I'm going on record as not agreeing with you. He has gone out of his way to send a couple of us detailed explanations via PM because the forum was delaying his posts. Sure, the picture wasn't great, but so what?

It would be quite easy for a dealer to look at the seat and see if the fire originated at the heating element or from something on top of the seat. What is strange to me is that neither the dealer or Lexus has told him what they believe or don't believe caused it.
^^ I totally agree with you.. While it stinks that Lexus is denying the claim, IMO it makes it that much worse that they won't explain their reason for denying it.

This makes no sense because I am pretty sure that if the OP was paying for the repair himself from the beginning, Lexus would not only have taken his money, but they would have explained what they felt caused the problem.

By being so secretive because a claim was filed, Lexus gives me the impression that they are trying to hide something, and or protect themselves.

Good Luck OP and more importantly get well soon..
Old 04-01-16, 07:09 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

OP posted, what appears to be a serious issue, with a GX...in the GX forum. I, and everyone here, want to know what is going on. If my back seat just randomly burns up, that's BAD. I have a 6yr old and her car seat is in the back seat. I sure as hell don't want to have to worry about a fire starting and burning/injuring my child.

Jesus Christ.
Old 04-07-16, 05:58 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

OP - just wondering if you have any update on this?

Quick Reply: back seat burned up