Default Tanneau Cover Needed

I have a 2016 GX460 w ecru interior.

Please help!
Old 03-08-16, 01:04 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it the cover for trunk place?
Mine comes with the truck, but it is in the garage now. Maybe put back there b4 summer coming.
Old 03-08-16, 05:19 PM
jhd331
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's for the trunk space. I apparently never ordered this with my vehicle and desperately want one. Total brain fart i suppose, but really don't want to pay the dealer mark-up for one. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Old 03-08-16, 08:29 PM
mellowjd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same here 2016 premium ecru interior, would like an ecru cargo cover. I checked the cargo area and it looks like the caps are in place where the cover would attach.
Old 03-09-16, 07:29 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Wow...doing a search on ebay...DAMN, that is an expensive part.
Old 03-09-16, 04:56 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I was thrilled that it came with the Luxury Package....until I actually tried using it. It is a total piece of cow dung. I'd be embarrassed to come up with such a pile of crap....for a Kia. The fact that its a Lexus item should be a down right embarrassment.

The area where it it's truly awful is the part that is supposed to attach to the headrests on the second row seats. It is sitting in my garage and will likely never go in our vehicle again unless I decide to take a razor knife and cut that piece off.
Old 03-09-16, 05:18 PM
jhd331
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I was thrilled that it came with the Luxury Package....until I actually tried using it. It is a total piece of cow dung. I'd be embarrassed to come up with such a pile of crap....for a Kia. The fact that its a Lexus item should be a down right embarrassment.

The area where it it's truly awful is the part that is supposed to attach to the headrests on the second row seats. It is sitting in my garage and will likely never go in our vehicle again unless I decide to take a razor knife and cut that piece off.
Really?! A total POS?! I've never seen one before but I feel like I'm missing out bc my vehicle didn't come with one?! Lol. I'm so conflicted!
Old 03-10-16, 09:05 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

The back windows are tinted, what is the real purpose of this device? I took it out as soon as I brought my car home on day 1. It is sitting in my basement, where it will continue to sit until it is time to return the car.
Old 03-10-16, 09:26 AM
mellowjd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtrue28
The back windows are tinted, what is the real purpose of this device? I took it out as soon as I brought my car home on day 1. It is sitting in my basement, where it will continue to sit until it is time to return the car.
The cover keeps valuables out of sight, even with the tint shopping bags or our Yeti coolers can be targets for theft. If they can't see it they won't try to steal it. Unfortunately we live in a large city where car break ins can be a concern... but I don't plan on spending $360 to order one from EBay. I'd pay $150 max.
Old 03-10-16, 11:04 AM
jhd331
Driver School Candidate

I drive in the city a lot and have to park on the streets. They break into your cars for anything here in Atlanta and I simply want to keep my things out of sight. Would love to buy one used from someone that isn't using theirs!
Old 03-10-16, 11:12 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Okay...yeah, that's a good reason.
Old 03-10-16, 12:16 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Originally Posted by mellowjd
The cover keeps valuables out of sight, even with the tint shopping bags or our Yeti coolers can be targets for theft. If they can't see it they won't try to steal it. Unfortunately we live in a large city where car break ins can be a concern... but I don't plan on spending $360 to order one from EBay. I'd pay $150 max.

I find no need to worry about it in my newly moved in area. However, I may still need the cover to visit new places when it is getting warmer.

In general, don't put things (Camera/Phone/Pad/Wallet/bags/Sun glasses/even coins) in sight in bad /unknown neighborhoods.
Old 03-10-16, 04:15 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jhd331
Really?! A total POS?! I've never seen one before but I feel like I'm missing out bc my vehicle didn't come with one?! Lol. I'm so conflicted!
Don't say I didn't warn you. I have owned a number of SUVs with them, so trust me on this.
Old 03-10-16, 05:51 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by BornDriver

I find no need to worry about it in my newly moved in area. However, I may still need the cover to visit new places when it is getting warmer.

In general, don't put things (Camera/Phone/Pad/Wallet/bags/Sun glasses/even coins) in sight in bad /unknown neighborhoods.
I live in the safest city in Georgia according to 2015 statistics. Cars unlocked is still an occasional problem here. My neighborhood was hit with someone walking throu and stealing out of unlocked cars in the early am. People are comfortable living in a well known safe area so cars in the driveway are not locked. A cover of any type would not have made a difference. I agree to keep things out of site, but also add, lock your doors no mater how comfortable you are in your your neighborhood. I keep my truck in the garage.

Just a FYI
Old 03-10-16, 08:44 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Originally Posted by tecman
I live in the safest city in Georgia according to 2015 statistics. Cars unlocked is still an occasional problem here. My neighborhood was hit with someone walking throu and stealing out of unlocked cars in the early am. People are comfortable living in a well known safe area so cars in the driveway are not locked. A cover of any type would not have made a difference. I agree to keep things out of site, but also add, lock your doors no mater how comfortable you are in your your neighborhood. I keep my truck in the garage.

Just a FYI
Sorry to hear that.
So, everyone was in sleep, nobody loaded the gun and shot the alien?

Even some bank vaults got robbed, a cover can just help a little bit, still better than nothing.

Thanx for your reminder.

Quick Reply: Tanneau Cover Needed