GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Just for fun video thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-14, 02:32 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts
Arrow Just for fun video thread

I was browsing around on CL and figure some of you may have not seen this video.
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/g...and-photos.php
Old 01-26-14, 04:00 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
I was browsing around on CL and figure some of you may have not seen this video.
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/g...and-photos.php
Thanks, I hadn't seen it before...
Old 01-28-14, 02:59 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

incredible video! was posted a while back on BOF thread that got closed..
Old 01-28-14, 08:44 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well! There is something you don't see everyday.
"Just gonna hitch up the old MIG and head to the base this weekend."
I'm sure there is a warranty issue there somewhere.
Old 01-28-14, 09:08 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitana
I'm sure there is a warranty issue there somewhere.
It's a promo vehicle used by the Lexus/Dealer to showcase the capabilities. There is a video where people drive GX hard on a tank test field as well. I wish Lexus did more of that in the NA but it's not a very big seller over here so they probably don't care too much.
Old 01-28-14, 09:23 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=Quadro;8353007]It's a promo vehicle used by the Lexus/Dealer to showcase the capabilities. There is a video where people drive GX hard on a tank test field as well.

I would like to see that, got a link?
Old 01-28-14, 09:59 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was being sarcastic about the warranty. /
It is nice to see what it can do.
Gives me more ammo when someone pulls the "oh, you want a spoiled upper-middle class wife/GF suburban car do ya?" That crap makes me want to stab someone. "No! I want something nice, safe for my kids, handles off road well that I will be paying for with my own money you jack***!" (add middle finger here).
I apologize ahead if I offended anyone.

Hey tecman? How you all holding up down there? I have friends sleeping in cars tonight. :/
Old 01-28-14, 10:23 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Hey tecman? How you all holding up down there? I have friends sleeping in cars tonight. :/[/QUOTE]

I pulled into a parking lot and walked home, only 4 miles so 1 hour to get home walking. I see others sliding beside me so I did not want to get hit. I know I have a competent truck but fear the other drivers and I Knew what hills were ahead covered in ice.

Please keep in mind that we are talking weather so do not comment to this as this is not the purpose of the site. Thanks

Last edited by tecman; 01-28-14 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-29-14, 08:51 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tecman
I would like to see that, got a link?

The footage is all around the video but scroll to 5:20 for some juicy stuff. It's done in Russia too as is the Mig video -- the GX is way more popular over there so Lexus/Dealers do more to advertise these vehicle capabilities as opposed to silly "soccer mom" videos they do in NA. There are some occasional LXs in the video too.
Old 01-29-14, 08:58 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kitana
I was being sarcastic about the warranty. /
It is nice to see what it can do.
Gives me more ammo when someone pulls the "oh, you want a spoiled upper-middle class wife/GF suburban car do ya?" That crap makes me want to stab someone.
I know... I too noticed that the general mentality in NA is that GX is for "spoiled" people because so little understand what this vehicle is really capable of.
Old 01-29-14, 11:44 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadro
"Lexus GX460" - теÑÑ‚-драйв на танковом полигоне - YouTube

The footage is all around the video but scroll to 5:20 for some juicy stuff. It's done in Russia too as is the Mig video -- the GX is way more popular over there so Lexus/Dealers do more to advertise these vehicle capabilities as opposed to silly "soccer mom" videos they do in NA. There are some occasional LXs in the video too.
What video setting did the guy have it on when he was off-roading. I have the surround-view cameras and I don't have a setting where I have yellow bars in front of me as I drive. Does anyone know?
Old 01-29-14, 11:51 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lolrax
What video setting did the guy have it on when he was off-roading. I have the surround-view cameras and I don't have a setting where I have yellow bars in front of me as I drive. Does anyone know?
From what I could make out of it they drive it in 4LO with center diff locked (not sure if that affects what the display shows). Sorry I don't know about the bars but I was curious about these myself... could be Russian specific software feature perhaps?

Last edited by Quadro; 01-29-14 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-29-14, 12:19 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadro
From what I could make out of it they drive it in 4LO with center diff locked (not sure if that affects what the display shows). Sorry I don't know about the bars but I was curious about these myself... could be Russian specific software feature perhaps?
I did it last night in some deep snow and didn't get that result. I will do some digging and report back.
Old 01-29-14, 05:24 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lolrax
I did it last night in some deep snow and didn't get that result. I will do some digging and report back.
Good luck, I just did a Google/Youtube search for an hour with multiple request for Russian along with other key words and found nothing relating to the forward camera lines, I do not know Russian so maybe it was there but I did review multiple videos with no visual on forward lines but do see reverse parking lines. Could that be related? Do you have the reverse lines on your truck? Park assist option

Last edited by tecman; 01-29-14 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-29-14, 06:00 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

There is something I found:

It's on a Prado and called "Multi Terrain Monitor" (for what's youtube title worth), looks like exactly the same system to me. Could be an option available in certain countries?

Last edited by Acrad; 02-22-23 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Just for fun video thread