GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 06:57 PM
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Owner

Hello everyone. I'm new to Lexus after trading my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ for a 2014 CPO GX460 from Sewell in Dallas, TX. Made the drive back to Memphis, TN and have to say I'm pretty impressed with the truck. I'm a Porsche guy (Cayenne Turbo S and Carrera S), so I'm used to something much sportier, but I'll have to say the comfort of the GX was unreal.

Black/Ecru
Luxury Package
Mark Levinson
Rosen Tvs in headrests

I use the forums to gain as much knowledge as possible and to help others when I become more well versed. Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning much more about a brand that I've never followed before!

Are there any go to vendors online to source OEM parts that anyone can recommend? Looking for OEM all weather mats right now. Thanks!
Old 11-15-15, 09:46 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!

Good to hear that you like the GX460

Why wouldn't get the all weather mats from Sewell?

Is the 2015 Tahoe just newly designed model? What is the difference of those two?
Old 11-16-15, 05:05 AM
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got the car, so I wasn't sure what was available. I guess I could call them and order them.

The 2015 was the redesigned model. It rode really rough and the build quality, while nice, just wasn't up to speed. Plus my wife always wanted a GX, so all the planets aligned and now we are lexus owners!!!
Old 11-16-15, 06:25 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 8202632
Hello everyone. I'm new to Lexus after trading my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ for a 2014 CPO GX460 from Sewell in Dallas, TX. Made the drive back to Memphis, TN and have to say I'm pretty impressed with the truck. I'm a Porsche guy (Cayenne Turbo S and Carrera S), so I'm used to

something much sportier, but I'll have to say the comfort of the GX was unreal.

Black/Ecru
Luxury Package
Mark Levinson
Rosen Tvs in headrests

I use the forums to gain as much knowledge as possible and to help others when I become more well versed. Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning much more about a brand that I've never followed before!

Are there any go to vendors online to source OEM parts that anyone can recommend? Looking for OEM all weather mats right now. Thanks!

Congratulations! It should have come with both sets of mats from the factory. I would ask them to give you a set of all weather mats. I also have the Weather Tech cargo liner.
Old 11-16-15, 08:31 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

It should have come with both sets of mats from the factory.

The carpeted mats are standard while the AWM are an accessory. It is common
for the AWM's to be included (check the sticker) in the Central Area but not an
absolute that they are included. CPO guidelines call for the standard everything
including two key fobs, four matching tires, 50% or better brake linings but not
AWM even if they were part of an original accessory group.

The WeatherTech trays are the best for snow duty IMHO
Old 11-18-15, 05:33 PM
mikeps2006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I'm new to Lexus after trading my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ for a 2014 CPO GX460 from Sewell in Dallas, TX. Made the drive back to Memphis, TN and have to say I'm pretty impressed with the truck. I'm a Porsche guy (Cayenne Turbo S and Carrera S), so I'm used to something much sportier, but I'll have to say the comfort of the GX was unreal.

Black/Ecru
Luxury Package
Mark Levinson
Rosen Tvs in headrests

if you're looking for all weather mats, i recommend getting the weather tech floor liners for around the same ballpark price. they cover the floor a lot better and i use them for my other cars
Old 11-20-15, 07:25 AM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black/Ecru
Luxury Package
Mark Levinson
Rosen Tvs in headrests

Congrats! Funny, we bought our GX from Sewell as well (in Ft. Worth) and drove it across the country. That place has amazing service -- even by Lexus's already stellar standards.

We bought the Lexus branded all-weather mats for our truck and love them so far.
Old 11-22-15, 11:57 PM
neelnaik
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

@8202632, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to Club Lexus! Please post pictures!

Over the last couple years, I have heard multiple people across several sub-forums of Club Lexus have nothing but good things to say about Sewell Lexus in Dallas, TX. I would definitely give them a call if you need any parts. That being said, I personally have a Weather Tech cargo mat and floor liners for front and rear. Good stuff!

P.S. The Cayenne Turbo S and Carrera S are both awesome vehicles! What model years are they, if you don't mind me asking? Pictures of all 3 vehicles would be much appreciated!
Old 11-23-15, 12:11 AM
neelnaik
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

P.P.S.
If you buy the Lexus all weather cargo mat, it separates into 2 pieces so you still have coverage when the 3rd row of seats is up. The Weather Tech cargo mat is 1 piece, so you pretty much have to remove it when you have the 3rd row up. As you can tell, I don't use the 3rd row ever, so it works for me.

Fun tip
On Lexus vehicles, if you find yourself with the steering wheel setting maxed out in any one direction, toggle the switch rapidly in that direction 8 times and it will move an extra 0.25ish inch in that direction. Note, it doesn't save this hyperextended position (even with memory), so you have to do it every time you start the car, but for some people it is absolutely worth it.