GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Should I be taking the plunge with new GX 460

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 05:47 PM
bonginator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadc4s
I bought mine about one month ago. I am really happy with it. I drive a Porsche during the warmer months, the GX460 is my winter car and it is just what I wanted for that role. It will be awesome in bad weather, it will be impervious to pot holes and it is quiet and very comfortable to drive. It’s “truckiness” is its strength and why it is a pretty unique product. It is built like a brick @#$%house and feels like it when you drive it. If you can’t appreciate that, or don’t value it, then don’t buy it. For me, its the best possible choice for the purposes I have in mind.
DadC4S - couldn't have said it better. We drive a P-car as well and use he GX for road trips, off road adventures, and winter driving. It is lux, tough, and safe. I think it also corners fairly well in the Sport mode but it isn't a P-car for sure...
Old 10-31-15, 06:55 AM
barbking
Driver School Candidate

Default Took the plunge

I went ahead and took the plunge last night. At this point, only thing that happned is a negotiated price agreement with a $500 deposit because the car is not with dealer yet. I can still change my mind when the car arrives for any reason, since I believe there is no legal binding without signed contract and having not seen the actual product. They worked the numbers off of an exact same spec car that wasn't available for sale, which means if the price is lower in the actual by even a couple of 100 dollars they will need to adjust it down.

I agree to pay $4184 off the MSRP they used, most of these numbers anyway have a lot of room for the dealer profit, so all I am worried is whether I am paying just like everyone else, and I believe I did based on the numbers I have seen.

Prior to going in and doing this, I did a fairly good test drive on an Acura MDX and almost considered bying it, but what I did not like was that the MDX felt more like a slightly higher sitting car, and drives like one. In the GX, I am getting a different experience, and the only thing I am concerned at this point is whether paying for lower gas mileage is worth it or not. I consider it as sort of price for insurance policy against bad weather or any bad road conditions if I ever have to get out of such things.

I hope the GX will justify itself over time.
Old 10-31-15, 07:11 AM
bonginator
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your new GX. I think you did well on the pricing. Just watch that they don't add a lot of fees to MSRP.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 10-31-15, 07:41 AM
barbking
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bonginator
Congrats on your new GX. I think you did well on the pricing. Just watch that they don't add a lot of fees to MSRP.

Enjoy your new car!
Thanks. The MSRP was same as what I saw on KBB for similar configuration.
Old 11-02-15, 09:04 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

You did WELL with the price. I ONLY managed to get $2500 OFF but I'm happy with it. It was the first '15 in the state in Sept 2014. Also dealer let me drive their free loaner for a week because I sold my car earlier.

Enjoy.
Old 11-03-15, 04:54 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by barbking
I went ahead and took the plunge last night. At this point, only thing that happned is a negotiated price agreement with a $500 deposit because the car is not with dealer yet. I can still change my mind when the car arrives for any reason, since I believe there is no legal binding without signed contract and having not seen the actual product. They worked the numbers off of an exact same spec car that wasn't available for sale, which means if the price is lower in the actual by even a couple of 100 dollars they will need to adjust it down.

I agree to pay $4184 off the MSRP they used, most of these numbers anyway have a lot of room for the dealer profit, so all I am worried is whether I am paying just like everyone else, and I believe I did based on the numbers I have seen.

Prior to going in and doing this, I did a fairly good test drive on an Acura MDX and almost considered bying it, but what I did not like was that the MDX felt more like a slightly higher sitting car, and drives like one. In the GX, I am getting a different experience, and the only thing I am concerned at this point is whether paying for lower gas mileage is worth it or not. I consider it as sort of price for insurance policy against bad weather or any bad road conditions if I ever have to get out of such things.

I hope the GX will justify itself over time.
Avoid the MDX with its infotainment system designed to confuse and transmission which shifts when it wants too. If you have time swing by the XC90 but without a doubt if you need a vehicle that will stand the test of time GX FTW!!
Old 11-04-15, 08:11 PM
barbking
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the reassurance. I still haven't received the vehicle or completed the transaction, another 6 days until they'll actually have the car at the lot. At this point we have price agreement and a deposit which is refundable if I back out once the car is at the lot.

I am almost having buyer's remorse and started thinking of getting Toyota Highlander Platinum again, as I really do like that vehicle too for all the simplicity it offers and for a great deal lower price to the GX.

But whenever I see them by side to side comparison, I think the GX is worth the extra dollar.
Old 11-05-15, 12:15 AM
mikeps2006
Driver School Candidate

I was considering a 4runner limited, but decided to go with the 2016 GX460....Starfire pearl with black interior! I take delivery Saturday
Old 11-05-15, 06:01 AM
krazykrnbo
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

You will love it!! same exact combo i got

Originally Posted by mikeps2006
I was considering a 4runner limited, but decided to go with the 2016 GX460....Starfire pearl with black interior! I take delivery Saturday