GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Real world pricing on new GX460 Luxury?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 11:09 AM
CAWjr
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kvsm5
When I bought my GX from Nalley Lexus Smyrna on Oct 2014, it was the only new one in stock. At that time, the salesperson said in 10 days, another shipment will be coming in.
My sales rep took me in the back last week & showed me the board with all of their incoming allocation. They had about 10 cards for GX models that would be coming in the next 1-2 weeks. about 3-4 had SOLD stamped on them already. I signed the contract on my GX on Friday & should be on the lot sometime this week.
Old 11-10-15, 03:25 PM
kvsm5
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GX is selling really well in the Atlanta area. I see several on a daily basis. Nalley in Roswell has only 3 in stock last time I checked. The GX is the only midsize V8 powered SUV that is made in Japan, I believe. The LC and LX570 are considered full size.
Old 11-10-15, 06:33 PM
bonginator
Driver School Candidate

Just got our 460 Luxury. Posted details and another pic in the new owner thread. So far, really happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails Real world pricing on new GX460 Luxury?-image.jpeg  
Old 12-14-15, 10:05 PM
edittman1
Rookie

I just got quoted $48.3k for a Silver/Black model. Not sure what options it had, but best price I have seen so far one way or another.
Old 12-15-15, 06:01 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Sounds like the base model. You can probably do even better than that. Isn't the MSRP right at $50K? You should be able to work 3-4K off the MSRP. That seems to be the consensus on deals around here.
Old 12-17-15, 03:43 PM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Sounds like the base model. You can probably do even better than that. Isn't the MSRP right at $50K? You should be able to work 3-4K off the MSRP. That seems to be the consensus on deals around here.
Agreed. MSRP on the base model is $50,140. You should be able to get $3-$4k off that with some negotiation. There is less profit on the base than the more loaded models though so it could be a little harder to get as much off there.

That said, I would also advise driving the base and making sure you're happy with it before settling on that model. While it's still an absolutely beautiful truck (and, of course, has the same guts), my wife and I both felt like it was night and day difference inside the luxury model that we settled on versus the base model we test drove. Not only did we feel the interior was way nicer on the luxury, but even the ride seemed a little better on the luxury. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the air suspension settings or what (it may have even just been in our heads), but it really felt like a different vehicle when we compared them side by side. But, then again, we're also talking a difference in MSRPs that could buy you a new Kia so you would also expect there to be a drastic difference between the two.
Old 01-02-16, 06:56 AM
JohnJerk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hold on. Invoice on a base model is 48k. You are not going to get this vehicle for 1-2k under invoice per the suggest 3-4k off msrp. Look at truecar for pricing guidance. Work off invoice and expect 500-2000 over depending on market and demand. Some will get to invoice and below but that will be rare and perhaps has a devalued trade or is the purchase of a 15 when 16s are available, for example.

Suggesting someone is going to buy a new GX for 46k or 47k is setting them up to fail.
Old 01-10-16, 05:54 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
Hold on. Invoice on a base model is 48k. You are not going to get this vehicle for 1-2k under invoice per the suggest 3-4k off msrp. Look at truecar for pricing guidance. Work off invoice and expect 500-2000 over depending on market and demand. Some will get to invoice and below but that will be rare and perhaps has a devalued trade or is the purchase of a 15 when 16s are available, for example.

Suggesting someone is going to buy a new GX for 46k or 47k is setting them up to fail.
You don't believe dealers get a lot of incentives from the factory? No way in hell there is only $2,000 margin on a $50,000 luxury vehicle.
Old 01-10-16, 08:20 PM
JohnJerk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said nothing of margin. I am talking supply (low) and demand (high) and that this thread is misleading potential buyers on what they'll be able to accomplish on a base model.
Old 03-04-16, 07:02 PM
J295
Driver School Candidate

FYI, just purchased a 2016 with premium package, blind spot monitor, cross traffic alert, etc. MSRP was $57,645, and purchase price was $51,490. No trade and no financing.

Process was an email to 10 dealers with our color/features with request for quotes. I knew all these dealers had at least one vehicle fitting our requirements in stock. Then I followed up with the four most competitive dealers for second quotes (and promise of no disclosure of other quotes and promise of no further follow up for quotes). Two dealers were ultimately within $25 dollar of each other, so I told them I'd flip a coin, and then both added tinting and floor mats. Started on Monday, had a deal finalized on Wednesday, flew down Thursday and purchased and drove home. Used airline miles for the flight. All communication was by email, and I didn't take any phone calls that came in and didn't visit any dealerships (GX was new so what was there to see).

The successful seller is a very large volume dealer and I suspect that provided an ability and willingness to move their vehicles at competitive pricing, plus I believe I made it direct and efficient for all involved.
Old 03-05-16, 03:47 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
I said nothing of margin. I am talking supply (low) and demand (high) and that this thread is misleading potential buyers on what they'll be able to accomplish on a base model.
Actually you did say something about margin. You said invoice is $48 on a base. If list is just over $50 and invoice is $48, then you are saying margin is approx $2,000. That is what I referred to, right?

As An FYI to this thread, I recently bought a Luxury for over &5,000 below MSRP.
Old 03-13-16, 09:10 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't purchase a luxury, but I did purchase a premium for around $5,500 off MSRP. It took all day though...
Old 03-16-16, 07:44 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by UTGS400
I didn't purchase a luxury, but I did purchase a premium for around $5,500 off MSRP. It took all day though...
This infuriates me. Why waste my time? I'd like to go to the dealership and get in/out as quickly as possible.

Debating on my next vehicle...probably try to do it via email before stepping foot on their property.
Old 03-30-16, 08:39 PM
stingdgr8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UTGS400
can you please let me know which dealer and rep? thanks in advance...
Old 03-31-16, 10:03 AM
closenough
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Last week I upgraded to a 2016 Luxury. Most options except the video system. MSRP just under 68k. Purchase price before taxes and fees was 61k. Negotiation was done via email. Probably no more than three or four emails in total. Arrived at the dealership to complete the deal and drove off in an hour. Fantastic, friction free transaction.

Quick Reply: Real world pricing on new GX460 Luxury?