GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

ISCjonny's 2015 GX460 Few Simple Upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 11:54 AM
Pangoo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

also just curious about the Carbon parts, if those are official Toyota TRD parts, would a USA toyota dealer beable to order them with the part# ?
Old 06-01-15, 02:23 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Pangoo
where did you get the nav override module ? It's such a pain when my passenger can't enter an address while driving.
I have the Beat-Sonic for Nav. only.

http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=1167

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-...ota-lexus.html
Old 06-11-15, 01:52 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by rdouglas13
So I'd need a personal hotspot now with unlimited data to do half of what is described all while im driving 75 on the highway ? Have an iphone for all that. Great upgrade but pointless.
Um, tmobile plans have unlimited tethering and hotspot.
Old 06-11-15, 06:23 AM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever remove the navigation screen or at least te top part to see how it is done?
Old 06-26-15, 06:54 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Update...

Tinted all the windows. 28% Solargard Quantum all around including sunroof & 52% Solargard Quantum on the front windshield. Just for reference, having film placed on the front windshield and sunroof makes a huge difference for the inside temperature of the car compared to just getting the side and back windows tinted. Even if you get 70% film (pretty much clear) for the front windshield, it'll make a big difference by blocking the UV and some of the solar energy (heat).

Also installed a BeatSonic AVC38 RCA input wire harness. Plug and play into the back of the headunit. Connected the RCA (R/W/Y) to a
HDMI to AV Converter HDMI to AV Converter
and custom mounted it into the little compartment next to the USB/12V plugs. Also purchased a
12V to 5V step down mini USB 12V to 5V step down mini USB
and tapped it into the back of the 12V Cigg adapter to power the HDMI to AV Converter. If you install exactly how i did, you will also need a right angle adapter for the mini USB. Otherwise the straight USB plug hits the factory USB/AV module.

Now you can stream anything with a HDMI signal to the NAV screen. For my family, we all have iphone's. So you will also need a Lightning to HDMI adapter. If you use this adapter and also want to charge your phone at the same time, do NOT plug the Lightning Cable into the factory USB ports. I don't know if the USB ports don't have enough power to charge and power the HDMI signal at the same time or if the headunit gets confused with the multiple input signals, but the nav screen will keep turning off and on and end up rebooting once you remove the USB cable. Buy a USB car charger plug for the 12V Cigg adapter.

Words of advice, if you decide to stream movies from your phone, you will burn thru your data very quickly. LOL. My wife has been streaming netflix whenever i drive, and she has already went thru 10GB of data within 8 days. Now I'm debating on getting a dedicated MiFi unit for the car and hooking it up to an AppleTV to save my mobile data plan.

Finally.... Goodies from Japan arrived today. I will update again once everything is installed.

Old 06-26-15, 08:18 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Originally Posted by ISCjonny
Quick Update...

Tinted all the windows. 28% Solargard Quantum all around including sunroof & 52% Solargard Quantum on the front windshield. Just for reference, having film placed on the front windshield and sunroof makes a huge difference for the inside temperature of the car compared to just getting the side and back windows tinted. Even if you get 70% film (pretty much clear) for the front windshield, it'll make a big difference by blocking the UV and some of the solar energy (heat).

Also installed a BeatSonic AVC38 RCA input wire harness. Plug and play into the back of the headunit. Connected the RCA (R/W/Y) to a HDMI to AV Converter and custom mounted it into the little compartment next to the USB/12V plugs. Also purchased a 12V to 5V step down mini USB and tapped it into the back of the 12V Cigg adapter to power the HDMI to AV Converter. If you install exactly how i did, you will also need a right angle adapter for the mini USB. Otherwise the straight USB plug hits the factory USB/AV module.

Now you can stream anything with a HDMI signal to the NAV screen. For my family, we all have iphone's. So you will also need a Lightning to HDMI adapter. If you use this adapter and also want to charge your phone at the same time, do NOT plug the Lightning Cable into the factory USB ports. I don't know if the USB ports don't have enough power to charge and power the HDMI signal at the same time or if the headunit gets confused with the multiple input signals, but the nav screen will keep turning off and on and end up rebooting once you remove the USB cable. Buy a USB car charger plug for the 12V Cigg adapter.

Words of advice, if you decide to stream movies from your phone, you will burn thru your data very quickly. LOL. My wife has been streaming netflix whenever i drive, and she has already went thru 10GB of data within 8 days. Now I'm debating on getting a dedicated MiFi unit for the car and hooking it up to an AppleTV to save my mobile data plan.

Finally.... Goodies from Japan arrived today. I will update again once everything is installed.

ISCJonny...
Don't know if you've RSES on your '15 GX460? Just want to find out if using the BeatSonic AVC38, are you able to view HDMI content from the main NAVI screen to the rear headrest monitors similar to operating in DVD mode?
Old 06-26-15, 11:53 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Originally Posted by GX460PREM
ISCJonny...
Don't know if you've RSES on your '15 GX460? Just want to find out if using the BeatSonic AVC38, are you able to view HDMI content from the main NAVI screen to the rear headrest monitors similar to operating in DVD mode?
No idea. Unfortunately i dont have RSES. I originally wanted it, but i was told it was special order only option and i would have to wait 3+ months for it.

I believe there is already a RCA input accessible from the 2nd row. Does this input go directly to the rear seat monitors or does it display on the main nav screen as well?
Old 06-27-15, 12:08 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

No idea. Unfortunately i dont have RSES. I originally wanted it, but i was told it was special order only option and i would have to wait 3+ months for it.

I believe there is already a RCA input accessible from the 2nd row. Does this input go directly to the rear seat monitors or does it display on the main nav screen as well?
Well of your Gx has RSES, what ever the front screen display on, the back has the same display too, which I had on my previous 13' LX with RSES, so I played movies it show on all three screens, same as GX
Old 06-27-15, 09:42 AM
GX460PREM
Driver

The RCA input from the rear of the center console only operate the 2 rear seat monitors in video mode but the content does not display on the front NAVI screen.

I'm using an iVic 6DR in my GX460 but trying to figure a solution to mirror HDMI video sources from the Main NAVI screen to the RSES. So far, I have been unsuccessful with different attempts.

I did come across your BeatSonic AVC38, but technical support couldn't confirm on the functionality of the RSES so I didn't buy it.
Old 08-13-15, 11:39 AM
L46
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up the 2015 GX460 Luxury w/ ML a few weeks ago. Just wanted to share a few simple upgrades i have already done.

Prestigious Society Nav/DVD Override Module. Installation was straight forward. Took less than 20 minutes to complete. Simple - , - , + , + volume combination to activate override.

Swapped out the halogen puddle lights to 15SMD Board LEDs (the standard 5SMD led bulb was not bright enough for me). This was a bit more tricky since the housing technically cannot plug and play the 15SMD LED Boards. Took a closer look and noticed the clear lens was hot melted into the black plastic backing. So i took a flat head screwdriver and carefully broke the hot melt all the way around and separated the 2 pieces. Surprisingly, the 15SMD board fit perfectly in the cutout. Due to the limited space between the LED board and the backing piece, the adapter plug for the 15SMD LED board could not be used. So i ended up tapping the 2 wires directly to the oem plug contacts.

Replaced the 6 dome lights using the 15SMD Board LEDs and the 4 door lens using 4SMD Flank LEDs.

Looking to get the windows tinted in the next week or two while i wait for a couple parts from Japan to arrive. Ordered TRD Real Carbon Fiber Pillar Overlays and JDM OEM Window Visors. Should be here in about a month. I'll give another update once those parts arrive and i install them.

Debating if i should change the wheels to the 2014 GX460 FSport Wheels and call it a day or save up for a legit aftermarket setup. What do you guys think?
Hey I was wondering is there any buttons u have to mount to for the nav/dvd override?
Old 08-13-15, 12:33 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by L46
Hey I was wondering is there any buttons u have to mount to for the nav/dvd override?
If you get the prestigious society NAV/ DVD override it has NO buttons start from 14" lexus models, i got the prestigious society override for my previous 13" LX and it has two buttons, therefore I assume they change their design start from 14" and up?