GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Bought a used 2011 GX 460 and I hate it!

Old 03-01-15, 06:39 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You must be a troll, on my 2015, I have absolutely no complaints the seats are so comfortable I can fall asleep on my way to work in the morning.
Old 03-01-15, 06:44 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mo,

Call the dealer that you bought it from. Maybe they can help you get into something else, without giving you too much of a beating. If the GX isn't making you happy, bite the bullet and get into something that does.

Good Luck...
Old 03-01-15, 07:30 PM
emaratee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Though I don't agree totally with OP,

But yes, the front seats in the GX are horrible for some of us (not all)

I've been driving for more than 25 years and never ever I had a complaint about any cars' seat till I owned the GX. The truck is a great no doubt but for some reason the driver's seat is giving me a back problem.

Those of you comparing the GX's seats to the likes of Range Rovers & BMWs obviously not owned one .. they're night and day when it comes for creature comfort over the GX. Even the LXs have way better seats than the GX in my opinion (came to know that after I purchased my GX).

My case; I came in term with the seat issue by setting the seat's back at almost 90-92 degrees with "0" protrusion from the lumber support and keeping a flat seat bottom. Any deviation from this formula will create issues to my back.

I've learned my lesson, never buy a car without doing an extended test drive.
Old 03-02-15, 03:06 AM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emaratee
Though I don't agree totally with OP,

But yes, the front seats in the GX are horrible for some of us (not all)

I've been driving for more than 25 years and never ever I had a complaint about any cars' seat till I owned the GX. The truck is a great no doubt but for some reason the driver's seat is giving me a back problem.

Those of you comparing the GX's seats to the likes of Range Rovers & BMWs obviously not owned one .. they're night and day when it comes for creature comfort over the GX. Even the LXs have way better seats than the GX in my opinion (came to know that after I purchased my GX).

My case; I came in term with the seat issue by setting the seat's back at almost 90-92 degrees with "0" protrusion from the lumber support and keeping a flat seat bottom. Any deviation from this formula will create issues to my back.

I've learned my lesson, never buy a car without doing an extended test drive.
And those of you thinking Im a troll, I have had three 4 Runners in the past. 3! None of them caused me any discomfort. But instead of helping me most of you insulted me only two offered advice which is what I was looking for : 1) taking it in and trade it 2) take it to dealer and see what they can do. The rest of you are jerks and low class.
Old 03-02-15, 07:08 AM
bigsley18
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troll or not, I applaude you for bringing some life back in to slow-moving forum. Let us know what happens
Old 03-02-15, 07:25 AM
mistabuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys need to be more accepting of compliments and complaints. Mohanman is asking for advice on remedying the seat comfort before resulting in selling the GX, it doesn't help any to say you should have done this or that or that you are a troll, he's in a predicament and needs any advice
Old 03-02-15, 08:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

To folks tossing out troll comments, please don't take that tactic to call out another member even if the other persons comments are inflammatory. Just report the post and let the moderators review the thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...rsonal_attacks

For the op
Originally Posted by mohanman
The rest of you are jerks and low class.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments
Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility also puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it was initially another member’s fault – it takes two to argue. Members have two options of recourse:

1) Email or private message the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2) Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
Good luck resolving your situation with your vehicle return to the dealer. This thread is closed.