GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Third row seat questions, concerns, other info

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-14, 11:00 AM
waiman3
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the same, yep the GL was the 2nd choice.

Never use it for long trip but works great in town to get lunch etc.

Originally Posted by Mincer
You can always access the 3rd row from the back.
We plan on installing a step for our trailer hitch to assist our 7 year old daughter in accessing "her" 3rd row seat from the rear hatch. We'll soon have 2 child seats in the middle row, so tipping the seats far enough forward to grant access to the 3rd row won't really work.
The plan is to leave one 3rd row seat up and the other folded flat to provide the easiest possible entry from the tailgate as well as usable cargo space.

My wife and I came to the conclusion that this is the most useful arrangement for those with 3 or more kids plus multiple child seats. We actually bought the car knowing that we would need to load and unload the kids in this manner. It was either the Lexus or Mercedes GL450... We're doing everything we can to NOT buy a mini van!
Old 12-03-14, 02:10 PM
khiroshima
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mincer
The plan is to leave one 3rd row seat up and the other folded flat to provide the easiest possible entry from the tailgate as well as usable cargo space.
Yep, I do this all the time, even if I don't have three in the middle row . . . No one is squished and my kids like being in the "way back" - one or two notches forward on the middle row and everyone is happy-- KH
Old 12-03-14, 03:18 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by khiroshima
Yep, I do this all the time, even if I don't have three in the middle row . . . No one is squished and my kids like being in the "way back" - one or two notches forward on the middle row and everyone is happy-- KH
Since getting our GX in August we have not even set it up yet. My husband asked on our way back from the beach last weekend if it even had a 3rd row. Thanks for posting this seating option, never would have thought of it. I'm sure it will come in handy sooner or later.
Old 01-13-16, 12:58 PM
Shafty
Driver School Candidate

Default Strange noise on the road in Baja

So went over a large rock, which basically means it's Tuesday, here in South Baja. No bang or scrape, but from the rear began a low level steady tone. Had to listen carefully to identify it, it's coming from a speaker on the passenger side. Not the sub woofer, on the drivers side which has a grill, but from behind the plastic on the passenger side. It is steady and non stop. When I turn off the truck it continues while all the electronics cycle off, then it stops. Starts again as soon as I push the starter.
No errors showing on the info system. We're in Baja for another 3 weeks then driving back to Northern AZ, the sound isn't maddening yet but I'd love to figure out what caused it and get it to turn off.
Old 01-13-16, 03:29 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

I see that you have a 2009 GX 470. Try posting your question in the first generation forum. This is the second generation forum.
Good luck

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...2004-2009-218/
Old 01-13-16, 03:38 PM
Shafty
Driver School Candidate

nah, mine is a '12 premium with F Sport...
thanks though
Old 01-13-16, 03:44 PM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

check and make sure your rear seats are in the fully up or down position. i drone mine 300 miles with that drone and went to the lexus dealer. he pushed my 3rd row seat buttons to make sure they were all the way in position and it went off. felt stupid.
Old 01-13-16, 04:55 PM
Shafty
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by machine323
check and make sure your rear seats are in the fully up or down position. i drone mine 300 miles with that drone and went to the lexus dealer. he pushed my 3rd row seat buttons to make sure they were all the way in position and it went off. felt stupid.
So this is me buying you a large frosty one. I suppose I would eventually thought of the 3rd row... I had cycled the suspension several times, run through all the other settings, but since I never use the third row it never occurred to me.

thanks!!!!!
Old 01-13-16, 05:58 PM
CAWjr
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

That is the most obscure solution I have ever seen! I love it
Old 01-13-16, 06:30 PM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

glad that was it! somehow our button was hit right before a road trip. i had just got off work and laid down the middle row to try and nap. that sound was drowning from the corner the whole time. one tap of the seat switch and it was gone. i thought mt speaker was blown.
Old 01-14-16, 09:25 AM
jeepstang
Driver School Candidate

Great post and solution! I'm sure this will happen to me sometime in the future...
Old 08-03-16, 08:17 PM
fuenfer
Rookie

Lightbulb Third row stuck

Title says it all - my left third row seat is stuck halfway up (or down, depending on how you see it). When I press the fold or open button, all I get is buzzing with zero movement. I tried the reset procedure in the manual (hold down the open button, and then hit the slide button five times), but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? The buzzing noise generated from the seat being not in a "locked" position is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-04-16, 08:33 AM
Craigyyy
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Spitballing... have you checked for any blockages? Any items stuck in there?

Have you tried manually pushing, pulling to help it out? Obviously you don't want to break anything...

The other one opens fine?
Old 08-04-16, 09:27 AM
fuenfer
Rookie

Yup, I've checked for blockages and nothing underneath. Other side works fine. I did try pushing/pulling to help it move, but nothing's happening other than that seriously annoying buzzing sound.
Old 08-06-16, 12:39 PM
fuenfer
Rookie

Originally Posted by fuenfer
Yup, I've checked for blockages and nothing underneath. Other side works fine. I did try pushing/pulling to help it move, but nothing's happening other than that seriously annoying buzzing sound.
Does anyone know how to at least shut the buzzer off? It's driving me nuts!

Quick Reply: Third row seat questions, concerns, other info