GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2011 GX Beat Sonic Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-14, 03:41 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts
Default 2011 GX Beat Sonic Install

I followed the advice from KVA for the 2014 install and skipped the steps noted.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...c-request.html
I also used Randy's link as a general guide.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...y-install.html
On the older GX models this requires removing 2 wiring clips on the Navi unit (not the stereo). I did not remove the Navi head which required reaching up in the dash to remove the necessary wiring clips with no visual. This was not bad on the large clip but the small clip was difficult to remove(pinch the release and remove in a confined space was a little challenging).

Installing the new small clip got me....
It is small and evenly square so it is difficult to feel out the insertion.
Steep 6 was a little confusing to me due to the drawing (see pic 1)
Pic 2 is what I used to get the small clip in.
You may want to consider removing the Navi head, I think it may have saved me time.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 GX Beat Sonic Install-003.jpg   2011 GX Beat Sonic Install-002.jpg  
Old 05-26-14, 10:12 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Let me know how it goes with programming it. I figured out how to do it by the instructions but it won't keep the program. I can only get 30 seconds out of it and it shuts off. Not too happy with the product at the moment.
Old 05-26-14, 04:47 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Let me know how it goes with programming it. I figured out how to do it by the instructions but it won't keep the program. I can only get 30 seconds out of it and it shuts off. Not too happy with the product at the moment.
Yea, Some problems here also, the below is a PM I sent to Beat Sonic.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...c-install.html

Please reply to this post, I have a 2 minute shut of time and another member has the problem also.
I hold the button on start up and it constantly flashes, I press the button but nothing changes. Multiple attempts with no succes to get it to respond.
If you are going to ask for pictures in order to confirm proper installation I ask you how that is possible on the older GX?
I can only fit the clips in the available ports that allow the clip configuration and the two clips are installed through the module ( 2 in and 2 out).
Please advise. Thanks.
Old 05-27-14, 09:43 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
Yea, Some problems here also, the below is a PM I sent to Beat Sonic.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...c-install.html

Please reply to this post, I have a 2 minute shut of time and another member has the problem also.
I hold the button on start up and it constantly flashes, I press the button but nothing changes. Multiple attempts with no succes to get it to respond.
If you are going to ask for pictures in order to confirm proper installation I ask you how that is possible on the older GX?
I can only fit the clips in the available ports that allow the clip configuration and the two clips are installed through the module ( 2 in and 2 out).
Please advise. Thanks.
I apologize for the late reply! I hope this will still be useful:

Here is a youtube video on how to program the time limit on the BB Series bypass:

@Eppieguy, It sounds to me that the 1 pin GPS connector was not installed correctly. Please double check to make sure that it was daisy chained from the OEM connector that originally went to he headunit to the BB unit, then BB unit to the headunit.

Please note that there is 1 similar 1 pin connector behind the radio, which you can also fit the GPS connector into if you force it in. However, if you connect it the correct GPS connector, you will hear a "click" the wrong slot will not "click" in.

@tecman, Please review the above youtube video for programming instructions. After you have selected the desired program. All you need to do is turn the car off, then back on again.

Please let me know once you get it operating properly.

Thanks!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/

Last edited by BeatSonic; 05-27-14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-27-14, 11:19 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

I spoke to soon, I had no problem getting into program mode this morning. Yesterday I held the button, started the truck and did not get a lite until I released and then I got a constant flash with no gaps and pressing the button gave no response. I went into program mode several times today with no problem.
I didn't see another single wire input but I was using a mirror to look up into the dash.
Old 05-27-14, 11:58 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Well I'm sure I have the correct connections in the back as I pulled the wrong one off of the factory radio first and noticed it didn't plug in properly and I didnt want to force it. I then discovered the one furthest away from the start button and that one fit nicely and snapped right in. When I hit the button for the override it will override but for only 30 seconds. When I try to program it via the instructions included I can get it to flash the proper amount of times but when I turn the vehicle off the programming is not stored.
Old 05-27-14, 12:09 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

I spoke to soon, I had no problem getting into program mode this morning. Yesterday I held the button, started the truck and did not get a lite until I released and then I got a constant flash with no gaps and pressing the button gave no response. I went into program mode several times today with no problem.
I didn't see another single wire input but I was using a mirror to look up into the dash.
Great to hear that you were able to get into the program mode successfully. Please let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Well I'm sure I have the correct connections in the back as I pulled the wrong one off of the factory radio first and noticed it didn't plug in properly and I didnt want to force it. I then discovered the one furthest away from the start button and that one fit nicely and snapped right in. When I hit the button for the override it will override but for only 30 seconds. When I try to program it via the instructions included I can get it to flash the proper amount of times but when I turn the vehicle off the programming is not stored.
Thank you for confirming the information with me. By reviewing what you are experiencing, it seems like the GPS is still tracking the vehicle's movement although the bypass is engaged. I understand that you are pretty sure that the correct GPS connections were made, but if you can double check to make sure once again will be greatly appreciated.

If we can't figure it out after some tries, I can send over a replacement to try out. Please keep me updated on the situation.

Old 05-27-14, 12:09 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Well I'm sure I have the correct connections in the back as I pulled the wrong one off of the factory radio first and noticed it didn't plug in properly and I didnt want to force it. I then discovered the one furthest away from the start button and that one fit nicely and snapped right in. .
You mean the Navi unit not the radio right? I think you have a 2010-2013 model
Old 05-27-14, 12:20 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

You mean the Navi unit not the radio right? I think you have a 2010-2013 model
The Nav unit and the Radio is the same unit.
Old 05-27-14, 12:24 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
Thank you for confirming the information with me. By reviewing what you are experiencing, it seems like the GPS is still tracking the vehicle's movement although the bypass is engaged. I understand that you are pretty sure that the correct GPS connections were made, but if you can double check to make sure once again will be greatly appreciated.

If we can't figure it out after some tries, I can send over a replacement to try out. Please keep me updated on the situation.
Maybe I'm typing it wrong here but I had said it works for 30 seconds, I can also see when I engage the override the tracking stops on the screen. I can type in a address or a phone number, then after 30 seconds it greys out and I cant enter anything. I can get in to programming mode but the program will not set to anything other than 30 seconds. What am I missing here? It's a rather large job pulling out the whole assembly to confirm what I already know, the unit does work, I just can't program it for any other times than 30 seconds.
Old 05-27-14, 01:22 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Maybe I'm typing it wrong here but I had said it works for 30 seconds, I can also see when I engage the override the tracking stops on the screen. I can type in a address or a phone number, then after 30 seconds it greys out and I cant enter anything. I can get in to programming mode but the program will not set to anything other than 30 seconds. What am I missing here? It's a rather large job pulling out the whole assembly to confirm what I already know, the unit does work, I just can't program it for any other times than 30 seconds.
The 30 second limitation that you are experiencing does not have to do with the programming. The module is only able to program to 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes and until you press the button again.

However, the 30 second limitation is usually due to the car's GPS detecting vehicle movement after you engage the' bypass.

You can confirm that the above statement is true by seeing that the red LED is still lit up when the menu items become grayed out. This means that the BB module is still active but the menu items are still being grayed out due to the vehicle detecting the car movement. The vehicle will detect the car's movement VIA GPS in approximately 30 seconds after the bypass is engaged depending on how fast you are driving your car if the GPS connector is not bypassed.

I hope this explanation helps. I understand that it is very inconvenient to take apart the dash again to get to the necessary connectors, but at this time we will need you to double check the GPS 1 pin wire connections.

Old 06-11-14, 04:45 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Any updates Eppieguy? My device is working fine.
Old 06-11-14, 05:50 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Any updates Eppieguy? My device is working fine.
I gave up, took it out, was hooked up correctly as I said it was, got annoyed and threw it out. I didn't like the answers I got questioning if I did the install correctly, I told them I did and they didn't seem to believe me so...... I'm done with it.

Thanks for asking, you followed up, the vendor sure didn't.
Old 06-11-14, 06:00 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

I gave up, took it out, was hooked up correctly as I said it was, got annoyed and threw it out. I didn't like the answers I got questioning if I did the install correctly, I told them I did and they didn't seem to believe me so...... I'm done with it.

Thanks for asking, you followed up, the vendor sure didn't.
I apologize for not following up with you as we should have done so immediately after a few days. I would appreciate for a chance to redeem ourselves. Please contact me at eric@beatsonicusa.com

Old 07-27-14, 03:31 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Quick Reply: 2011 GX Beat Sonic Install