Old 04-16-14, 04:39 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy B
And he wonder's why he lives alone!

Randy B
I was thinking the same thing.

Disconnecting the battery is the same as rebooting your PC, clears errors and fixes issues and personally I think it's a great idea and it can't hurt.
The following users liked this post:
matthew2 (01-31-22)
Old 04-16-14, 04:42 PM
sanf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't wonder what the next steps are, just go ask the dealer. I am guessing the most of us aren't Lexus techs here so probably can't help you much.
Old 04-16-14, 06:00 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by sanf
Don't wonder what the next steps are, just go ask the dealer. I am guessing the most of us aren't Lexus techs here so probably can't help you much.
Great answer
Old 04-16-14, 08:00 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I was thinking the same thing.

Disconnecting the battery is the same as rebooting your PC, clears errors and fixes issues and personally I think it's a great idea and it can't hurt.
it does not necessarily clear all the codes. I tried pulling that trick on my corolla and it didnt work. It stores the codes until they are cleared out by the technician.
Old 04-17-14, 06:07 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by T4Fun
it does not necessarily clear all the codes. I tried pulling that trick on my corolla and it didnt work. It stores the codes until they are cleared out by the technician.
We weren't talking about clearing codes. And it does clear some codes but not all codes,. some need to be reset by a tech or at Autozone or with an inexpensive code reader from Amazon.
Old 04-17-14, 06:20 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to Randy, sanf, and Eppieguy. Nothing like a bunch of CL amateur newbies hurling cheap insults.

I made a detailed post in hopes that someone would recognize the situation and perhaps chime in with their own (similar) experience. Feel free to leave my thread whenever you like.
Old 04-17-14, 06:27 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Amateur Newbies........ Your thread.......... I guess if you own the forum you should do something about the newbies.

Enough said.
Old 04-17-14, 08:44 AM
Ceenit
Driver School Candidate

Just last week I noticed the navi rebooting when driving down the road. Only time I have seen it happen in the last three months. I'm hoping this is not a systemic issue but will watch the boards to see how often this shows up.

My 5k checkup will be later this month i will have the dealership. Do a quick check and report back with any findings.

Last edited by Ceenit; 04-17-14 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 04-17-14, 01:24 PM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There will be a firmware update for the head unit in May or June this year. It might fix the problem.
Old 04-30-14, 04:59 PM
ssunkara
Driver School Candidate

Default Navigation Screen Freeze - 2014 Lexus GX with 700 miles

When we start the car, it goes to the Nav screen and the screen freezes up. We cannot do anything on the touch screen or even stop / start the radio using the button. We have to stop the engine and restart it to work normally. This happened a couple of times in the last two days.

We have a Black / Black 2014 GX that we picked up last month. Did anyone experience this issue.

We will be taking to the dealership tomorrow.

Thanks
Srinivas
Old 05-01-14, 06:49 AM
weiss5682
Driver School Candidate

Yes...Hold the Tune/Volume IN and it will reset. The one that is closest to the driver. We also needed to get a new radio put in....Car had 200 miles on it!
Old 05-01-14, 08:46 AM
ssunkara
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your reply, we are dropping the car with the dealer today. I will update you once they find the issue, thanks again
Old 05-01-14, 10:38 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Had the same issue - took it to dealer and they had no fix as it already had the latest patch.

Annoying at best...Toyota shouldn't be putting code into cars with this type of bug - it basically shuts down all ability to control simple things like air conditioning.

Hopefully Toyota will address this at some point as there isn't an easy way to create a ticket with them directly on this bug.
Old 05-05-14, 07:13 PM
ssunkara
Driver School Candidate

Got a call from the dealership service department, the software for navigation is up to date and there are no patches to install. They opened a case with Toyota and waiting for an answer, they said it will be at least 3 days before we get our car back. They are not sure about the solution yet for the Nav issue. They gave us a loaner for now, will update as I hear more. We were tired of all the issues we had with Mercedes ML 320 Bluetec and opted for a Lexus GX for its reliability and it is in the shop from the last 4 days in the first month of ownership. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue...thanks

Srinivas
Old 05-12-15, 02:32 PM
rivacorp
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 GX 460 Navigation Screen Freezing

Hello all! I'm new on here and this is my first Lexus. I've had my 2015 GX 460 since April 18th.

Since I've had it the navigation screen has frozen on me 5 times with 830 miles on it.

Every time it froze on me all the center console buttons will not work. The Audio, Nav, Climate & Home button's DO NOT WORK! Also the buttons on the steering wheels won't work as well. The only time I can get the navigation to unfreeze is by shutting off the car.

The 5th time it froze I held down the "Power/Vol" button down and the navigation screen turn black and restarted itself while the vehicle was in motion.

So I scheduled an appointment with service for May 1st to have them take a look at why it keeps freezing.

So my Lexus adviser name "Patrick" said he will have the technician try and "duplicate it" but won't guarantee that he can solve the issue. He told me it will take about an hour and a half to look into it.

So as I sat there to have the truck serviced the hour and half passes by and I get called from service and said my vehicle is finished.

As I walk to the service garage my adviser "Patrick" met me at the door and told me that they could not duplicate it. He told me to record the issue with my cell phone and give them a call when it happens again. Basically couldn't/didn't solve the problem and sent me on my merry way.

So I basically walked out of there telling myself I just purchased a 56K truck and it's not working correctly and I'm ***** out of luck. At this point I wish I never even purchased the vehicle.

Is anyone else having issues with their navigation freezing up?

Last edited by rivacorp; 05-12-15 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Text was too small
The following users liked this post:
Tandra (11-21-23)

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates