dstock
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I don't trust my mechanic.
Old 01-15-15, 08:56 AM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My new '15 GX460 also pulls to the right, & it drives me nuts. I've not had it to Lexus yet, but often spec uses an asymmetric front alignment (see "Cross-Camber and Cross-Caster" in http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4).

So, when I take the car in, I'll have a close look at what current settings are, what their spec is, & request a neutral alignment for no drift.

To OP - those wheels look great!
Old 01-19-15, 04:57 AM
acamacho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fortytwo
My new '15 GX460 also pulls to the right, & it drives me nuts. I've not had it to Lexus yet, but often spec uses an asymmetric front alignment (see "Cross-Camber and Cross-Caster" in http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4).

So, when I take the car in, I'll have a close look at what current settings are, what their spec is, & request a neutral alignment for no drift.

To OP - those wheels look great!
Just had my 15k maintaince done not sure what they did its just rotate tires (which I had done in every way prior to try and fix the problem) And tighten chassis and drive train bolts and a few other minor adjustments according to the work order but it drives like it suppose to now. Maybe I ran into a good tech that fixed what was needed. On a side note the IS they have me as a loaner had the same problem only worse...
Old 01-19-15, 06:08 AM
UPTHECREEK
Driver School Candidate

This must be a common problem on the GX , My 2015 has 1200 miles and it has pulled to the right from day one. driving straight down the highway my steering wheel sets at 11:30 position. I will say so far this is my only issue with this SUV. We love this vehicle ......
Old 01-20-15, 12:50 PM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acamacho
Just had my 15k maintaince done not sure what they did its just rotate tires (which I had done in every way prior to try and fix the problem) And tighten chassis and drive train bolts and a few other minor adjustments according to the work order but it drives like it suppose to now. Maybe I ran into a good tech that fixed what was needed. On a side note the IS they have me as a loaner had the same problem only worse...
That's great. If you're in Austin, can you let me know who the tech was? Thanks.
Old 01-20-15, 08:17 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

no issues with my current gx460.

last gx460 however was pulling to right or left even after alignment.

check tire pressures and make sure they are same everywhere
Old 05-08-15, 02:36 PM
Pangoo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought a 2015 GX460 and when my steering wheel is straight, the car pulls slightly to the right. Like others have said, I noticed the steering wheel needed to be at an 11:30 position to get the car to drive straight. For those of you that successfully had this fixed by the dealer did you just call in and make the appointment ? Did you have to pay anything out of pocket ? My GX just hit 1000 miles yesterday.
Old 05-15-15, 11:31 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Pangoo
I just bought a 2015 GX460 and when my steering wheel is straight, the car pulls slightly to the right. Like others have said, I noticed the steering wheel needed to be at an 11:30 position to get the car to drive straight. For those of you that successfully had this fixed by the dealer did you just call in and make the appointment ? Did you have to pay anything out of pocket ? My GX just hit 1000 miles yesterday.
Hahahahaha The SAME problem here, 2015 Premium with ~7000 miles...it ALWAYS pulls to the right...City, Highway, or Freeway it always pulls to the Right. Also, it LEANS to the right as well as Passenger side is LOWER than Driver side...

It needs to be fixed...What the Hell, Lexus?
Old 05-15-15, 01:09 PM
Somun
Driver School Candidate

No issue with my 2013 model.

Is this problem more common with the post-refresh models (2014+)?

Somun
Old 07-13-15, 03:29 PM
SHORNATA
Driver School Candidate

I have 2015 GX 460 and it pulls to right from day 1.
Dealer did alignment, switch two front tires and tie rod adjustment but still pulls and sometime it wander... did anyone able to fix this issue?
Old 07-20-15, 07:46 AM
rrr757
Driver School Candidate

If I keep my steering wheel straight it pulls to the right bigtime. During the 5K maintenance I told the dealership almost seems like the steering wheel or something needs to be adjusted. They came back and said its within specs. My 10K I will take the tech with me and be like does this look like its working within specs..
Old 09-12-15, 12:49 PM
UPTHECREEK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rrr757
If I keep my steering wheel straight it pulls to the right bigtime. During the 5K maintenance I told the dealership almost seems like the steering wheel or something needs to be adjusted. They came back and said its within specs. My 10K I will take the tech with me and be like does this look like its working within specs..

Took my 2015 GX in for 5000 mile check up this week. Told them about it pulling to right , the tech did alignment and said camber was off.
It is now much more enjoyable to drive especially on the hi way , also straightened out my steering wheel that was setting at about 11:30 position.
Old 09-12-15, 01:01 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Also have this issue, from day 1 it was pretty bad but during 5k service I mentioned it and said camber was off and they fixed it. I have put on around 1600 miles after that and I still feel a bit of a pull but it is not as noticeable now, will mention it again during 10k service to see if they can completely get rid of it.
Old 09-14-15, 11:21 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Took mine in for 10k service and did the alignment check...came out the CASTER are OFF. They did the alignment and charged me like $100 for it. Drive much better now.

Question: I don't care about $100 alignment but this issue happens since we own the SUV. Why would LEXUS assemble the truck that way then let us the owners be suffer with the crappy driving until we pay the dealer for the fix? Should it be FREE of charge?
Old 09-16-15, 08:15 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Took mine in for 10k service and did the alignment check...came out the CASTER are OFF. They did the alignment and charged me like $100 for it. Drive much better now.

Question: I don't care about $100 alignment but this issue happens since we own the SUV. Why would LEXUS assemble the truck that way then let us the owners be suffer with the crappy driving until we pay the dealer for the fix? Should it be FREE of charge?
That is weird why they charged you, they did my alignment free of charge. However they didn't give me a copy of it and just said minor adjustments were made to correct the camber.

Quick Reply: Alignment questions & concerns