GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

WeatherTech Floor Liners & Mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 03:43 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by iumid
Thanks for the reply Craig. This means that the all weather floor mats option is not included as an all weather cargo mat. Did your sticker price include $270.00 for all weather floor mats?
Mine just had the preferred accessory package and the dealer said the mats were part of it. I will check my window sticker, but the print out of my vehicle did not have that option on it. The accessory package was 260.00
Old 01-03-14, 04:39 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by iumid
Thanks for the reply Craig. This means that the all weather floor mats option is not included as an all weather cargo mat. Did your sticker price include $270.00 for all weather floor mats?
My window sticker did not state anything about all weather mats. My dealer said they were included with the carpeted mats. Just looked at my window sticker. I still have the carpeted mats wrapped in plastic. I took my weather tech cargo liner out of my 2010 GX 460. The cargo liner was not included with the all weather Lexus mats. My cargo mat is a carpeted mat that came with the accessory package.

Preferred accessory package includes

Cargo mat, cargo net, wheel locks and key gloves 260.00

Nothing about 270.00 for all weather mats.
Old 01-04-14, 07:28 AM
MTLDean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech mats/floorliners

Hi everyone,

I just got the Weathertech floorliners/mats in and although they're way better than the stock Lexus rubber mats, they're not as deep-lipped as other Weathertech sets I've bought (for my last car, and Audi S4 and a Mazda CX-7). The edges are really shallow and they won't hold a large volume of water and snow, so beware. Here are some pics (excuse the filth, I just washed the car yesterday and the interior looks like this after one day):

Not sure if they're going to come out sideways, apologies in advance if they do
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech Floor Liners & Mats-dsc06343.jpg   WeatherTech Floor Liners & Mats-dsc06344.jpg  
Old 01-04-14, 11:22 AM
Craig B

Those are floor liners, not mats. I have the Lexus all weather mats in mine. I have the Weather Tech mats out of my 2010 GX 460, but they won't work in my 2014. The 2010 had hooks and the 2014 has those pieces that turn to lock them in place. I did move my weather tech cargo liner from my 2010 into my 2014.
Old 01-07-14, 07:36 PM
thunder137
Driver School Candidate

Just got Husky custom fit on Amazon - items # B003G0VWEO and B003R8E4AE for cargo. Fit very well but feel a little too stiff. Perhaps they will take better shape when it gets warmer. How do WeatherTech compare?
Old 01-07-14, 07:48 PM
R3loader
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
Those are floor liners, not mats. I have the Lexus all weather mats in mine. I have the Weather Tech mats out of my 2010 GX 460, but they won't work in my 2014. The 2010 had hooks and the 2014 has those pieces that turn to lock them in place. I did move my weather tech cargo liner from my 2010 into my 2014.
so can you use both the floor liners and the all-weather mats together?
Old 01-08-14, 08:14 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by R3loader
so can you use both the floor liners and the all-weather mats together?
Not sure, haven't tried it. I had the factory carpeted mats with Weather Tech mats on top of them in my 2010. The 2014 has turn ***** instead of hooks. I still have the carpeted mats sealed in plastic and I'm using the Lexus all weather mats that came with my vehicle. I still have my weather tech mats, but I'm not using them right now. I have my weather tech cargo liner in my 2014 that I took out of my 2010.
Old 01-13-14, 05:23 AM
Seanathin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add to what others have said:

OEM Lexus all weather mats are essentially rubber copies of the carpet mats; minimal lip around edges and the ridges running across the all weather mats are very shallow. They will work well for me (Florida, occasional sand, but never snow).

If I were concerned with snow, I would go weather tech, at least for the portion if the year that snow was an issue.

I previously purchased OEM Totota all weather floor mats for a 2005 Tacoma - they had deeper ridges and all around better quality than the weather techs, but this is not the case with the Lexus GX all weather mats.
Old 01-13-14, 07:46 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Seanathin
Just to add to what others have said:

OEM Lexus all weather mats are essentially rubber copies of the carpet mats; minimal lip around edges and the ridges running across the all weather mats are very shallow. They will work well for me (Florida, occasional sand, but never snow).

If I were concerned with snow, I would go weather tech, at least for the portion if the year that snow was an issue.

I previously purchased OEM Totota all weather floor mats for a 2005 Tacoma - they had deeper ridges and all around better quality than the weather techs, but this is not the case with the Lexus GX all weather mats.
Lexus and Toyota had the make the all weather mats thinner because of the stuck accelerator issues. I used the Lexus all weather mats in the snow here, I had to knock the snow off my shoes before I got in my vehicle. I agree, the weather tech mats are better, but the weather tech mats I used in my 2010 wouldn't work in my 2014. The 2010 had hooks on the floor and the 2014 has *****. I kept them, but I'm not able to use them.
Old 03-15-14, 06:53 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

Default Question for people who have weathertech floor liner installed in 2014

I ordered my from weathertech.com and this is my first time therefore I don't know how does it should look after installed.
I see front and rear liner cover over plastic trims of doors. Please see the photo and compare with what you see in your GX2014 and let me know. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech Floor Liners & Mats-image.jpg  
Old 03-15-14, 06:56 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

One more photo, can't upload more than 1 at a time.
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech Floor Liners & Mats-image.jpg  
Old 03-15-14, 07:16 AM
thrillamac
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That doesn't look right at all. I've had weather tech on both my vehicles and the fitment is spot on. Check your box and vendor and make sure you have the right year and make.
Old 03-15-14, 08:40 AM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

Just curious as to why you didn't get the all weather floor mats from Lexus dealer? Mine gave them to me.
Old 03-15-14, 08:54 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

That's the way they are manufactured. This way any liquid or snow stays on the liner or rolls outside. Not down below the liners and into the carpet. I found the OEM's to be less in covering what the Liners cover.

Randy B
Old 03-15-14, 01:50 PM
Moonlite
Rookie

Originally Posted by Paddyspub
Just curious as to why you didn't get the all weather floor mats from Lexus dealer? Mine gave them to me.
You did not order and Lindsay gave to you for free? I don't have them.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners & Mats