GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

trade in pricing - 2010-2013 for 2014+

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-14, 07:34 PM
drake3
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy B
You will really like the RSE, especially if you connect something on HDMI.

Randy B
Cannot wait to try it out. The system is mainly for a kid. I am a big fan of XBMC open source media player. I am thinking about setting up a Raspberry Pi with XBMC and a large flash drive with movies for trips. Otherwise, will try to play stuff from my Razr Maxx phone which has a micro HDMI output.
Old 04-26-14, 07:49 PM
drake3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T4Fun
My dealer said it would take about 4 months. IT has driver assist package on it. Kinda sucks to wait this long. If it doesnt get made soon i will probably back out of deal and reorder in MY 2015 some point.
So, do you think the longer wait time is because of the driver assist package? If you have not received a confirmation that the build has been scheduled for production I would recommend contacting your Lexus regional office and asking your Lexus district sales manager about the status of your order. Well, unless you are satisfied with the relationship you have with your dealer, of course.
Old 04-26-14, 10:09 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i will wait for 2 month mark before contacting them again. congrats on getting your luxury. so you had to special order it or did they locate the vehcile you wanted?
the driver support for sure has to be specially made. Dont know if its delaying things or not. Maybe more involved on production line for them to make?
Old 04-27-14, 06:25 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have ordered many Japan built and a few Canadian built Lexus' s and almost every Japan built Lexus took 4 months from order to delivery here in NJ. It has varied a week or 2 either way but I always plan on 4 months.
Old 04-27-14, 07:40 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Apple TV

Originally Posted by drake3
Cannot wait to try it out. The system is mainly for a kid. I am a big fan of XBMC open source media player. I am thinking about setting up a Raspberry Pi with XBMC and a large flash drive with movies for trips. Otherwise, will try to play stuff from my Razr Maxx phone which has a micro HDMI output.
I hooked up an Apple TV, and stream it through my cell WiFi Hot Spot. Its been fabulous on trips with the kids. Especially when one can watch the Disney DVD, and the other can watch NetFlix or MLB TV.

Randy B
Old 04-27-14, 09:06 AM
drake3
Driver School Candidate

i will wait for 2 month mark before contacting them again. congrats on getting your luxury. so you had to special order it or did they locate the vehcile you wanted?
the driver support for sure has to be specially made. Dont know if its delaying things or not. Maybe more involved on production line for them to make?
The midwest region was not ordering the luxury model with RSE. So we had to put in a special order, however, maybe they gave us one of a group that was being produced for another region with RSE package. But, regardless, we were kept in the loop all the way through the ordering process as the vehicle was scheduled, produced, on ship, through port, port prep and in transit to dealer. The communication was not through the dealer. My last IS350 was ordered and it came in about 3 months. Overall the ordering process with Lexus has been not as easy as my experience with BMW previously, but they have delivered in the end.

I would hope the driver support package would not put that much of a strain on the Toyota Production system. Not like it is an LFA, ha!
Old 04-27-14, 09:35 AM
drake3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Randy B
I hooked up an Apple TV, and stream it through my cell WiFi Hot Spot. Its been fabulous on trips with the kids. Especially when one can watch the Disney DVD, and the other can watch NetFlix or MLB TV.

Randy B
Wow, you must be one of those lucky few with the unlimited data plan! I think my company would take away my phone if I streamed Netflix everyday over my phone's LTE, or long trips too. But, Apple TV is a great idea, Thanks! I have one laying around and I can use Airplay to stream to the ATV. Load up the iPad with movies and that should be good. I did not look real close yet, but is there an AC outlet near or do you need an inverter to use the power back there?
Old 04-27-14, 11:01 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by drake3

Wow, you must be one of those lucky few with the unlimited data plan! I think my company would take away my phone if I streamed Netflix everyday over my phone's LTE, or long trips too. But, Apple TV is a great idea, Thanks! I have one laying around and I can use Airplay to stream to the ATV. Load up the iPad with movies and that should be good. I did not look real close yet, but is there an AC outlet near or do you need an inverter to use the power back there?
I do have an unlimited plan.

And yes the 115v is in the back.

Randy B
Old 05-06-14, 08:27 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I have ordered many Japan built and a few Canadian built Lexus' s and almost every Japan built Lexus took 4 months from order to delivery here in NJ. It has varied a week or 2 either way but I always plan on 4 months.
eppie
how long during wait before you got a vin or did you get one at all? as of tomorrow, i have no GX
thanks
Old 05-07-14, 06:25 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

eppie
how long during wait before you got a vin or did you get one at all? as of tomorrow, i have no GX
thanks
I never tracked them that closely. I work for a company that is owned by Toyota and we used to, yes, used to be able to order Toyota's and Lexus's at below dealer cost for upper managment employees. At the time I wasn't eligable for the program but as the Purchasing Manager I was responsible for placing the orders. Since they weren't my cars I never cared to track them nor did I have a dealer that I could call since I ordered directly from Toyota. Toyota would tell me every time that from the time the order was signed off on it would take 4 months and every car (Except the RX since it was made in Canada) was 4 months give or take a week or so either way.
Old 05-12-14, 09:09 AM
T4Fun
Racer

well i sold my gx much quicker than i thought i would. Put it up for sale and sold in 4 days!
thanks to couple in maryland who bot it. Practically its still new.

in the meantime, i am waiting for my 2014.
heres what i get to drive in meantime. Ex police cruiser, friend loaned it to me.
pic pending upload- issue with website

Last edited by T4Fun; 05-12-14 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-12-14, 11:00 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well i sold my gx much quicker than i thought i would. Put it up for sale and sold in 4 days!

heres what i get to drive in meantime. Ex police cruiser, friend loaned it to me.
How much better it turned out vs trading it in?
Old 05-12-14, 11:12 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Wow, that was really fast. Where did you list it? Autotrader?
Old 05-12-14, 03:15 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by patgilm
Wow, that was really fast. Where did you list it? Autotrader?
cars.com and ebay.
stealer was going to give me $36,500 for it. Sold it for several thousand above that on my own. Realize about $2K was going to be taken off taxes if i traded it in, but sold it for more than that, so it was beneficial to sell on my own.

for some reason, site is not accepting uploaded pics, but driving a dodge hemi charger for now

Last edited by T4Fun; 05-14-14 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-16-14, 09:41 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Hang in there T4Fun...it's gonna be so worth it when you get your 2014 GX. I also wanted the driver support package as well. I should have ordered it back in October 2013 so it would have arrived December 2013...

Quick Reply: trade in pricing - 2010-2013 for 2014+