Originally Posted by T4Fun
driver support package has following.
Wide-view Front and Side Monitor system[*]
Pre-Collision System (PCS)[*] with Driver Attention Monitor[*]
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control[*]
Lane Departure Alert[*]
Intelligent high-beam headlamps[*]
CRAWL Control[*]

i wanted it on, so next time, better chance of selling the vehicle hopefully.

what i didnt know, and maybe others here as well, Luxury edition already has navig and all features standard, so really only options you can add are

driver support package (which apparently now comes with ML premium audio) - he showed me the sheet

ML audio by itself.

rear seat entertainment.
+ other port added minor options (wheel locks, etc..)
Yes, I heard the same thing, when you order the driver support package, it comes with ML. I have the ML on my Luxury model, but I don't have the driver support package,. I didn't want to wait 3 months and I received the first GX at my dealer. Congratulations, you should try to sell it on EBay..or Auto Trader. I don't think they're offering you enough on your trade.
Old 03-14-14, 02:02 PM
JohnJerk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carmax is worth a try. They will likely offer more than any lex dealer and the process should be simple.
Old 03-15-14, 07:12 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
Carmax is worth a try. They will likely offer more than any lex dealer and the process should be simple.
This is exactly what my salesman told me. Dealers will use black book to buy trade in cars. I took my car to carmax and have them appraisal. 2 days later I sold my car on Craigslist for 5500 more than CL offered.
Old 03-15-14, 01:23 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
yes thats fine. there shouldnt be much change from 14 and 15
There shouldn't be any change at all since the GX will cease to exist after 2015. I heard it will be morphed into a 7 passenger crossover in 2016.
I would be interested in the new model if it still has a touchscreen but it probably won't.
Old 03-15-14, 05:01 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
There shouldn't be any change at all since the GX will cease to exist after 2015. I heard it will be morphed into a 7 passenger crossover in 2016.
I would be interested in the new model if it still has a touchscreen but it probably won't.
this is all just hearsay. the gx will not be discontinued imho. it will likely be crossover based. Our current gen GX may still be in high demand due to its BOF structure.
What do you think will happen with LX?
Old 03-17-14, 08:43 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

I think the LX will remain as is, at least for awhile. I expect it will eventually evolve also and become smaller and more fuel efficient.
I have the 2014 LX and previously 2009 and then 2013 RX. I traded the 2013 because of the RT. I prefer a touch screen.
Old 03-17-14, 09:54 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
I don't think North America (and this is mostly where these rumors originated from) has any say in the future of the GX because NA is not GX's primary market and a unibody SUV will likely be laughed at in the Middle East and other countries where GX primary market currently is.

A more likely outcome is they stop selling GX in NA and replace it with TX -- there is little market for real SUVs in NA, a "lifted sedan" will do just fine.

All this means is you import 3rd gen GX from overseas and drive a really unique car ;-)
Old 03-17-14, 11:30 AM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by Quadro

I don't think North America (and this is mostly where these rumors originated from) has any say in the future of the GX because NA is not GX's primary market and a unibody SUV will likely be laughed at in the Middle East and other countries where GX primary market currently is.

A more likely outcome is they stop selling GX in NA and replace it with TX -- there is little market for real SUVs in NA, a "lifted sedan" will do just fine.

All this means is you import 3rd gen GX from overseas and drive a really unique car ;-)

I suppose you will be able to buy a Toyota Prado from Guatemala, the nearest country.

https://www.toyota.com.gt/?PAGE=18&CARRO=12

~ Cap
Old 03-17-14, 02:52 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by Capirato
[/B]

I suppose you will be able to buy a Toyota Prado from Guatemala, the nearest country.

https://www.toyota.com.gt/?PAGE=18&CARRO=12

~ Cap

hows that work if something goes wrong. will toyota fix it here?
Old 03-18-14, 12:55 PM
FrigginFGO
Driver

Good luck trying to get it in the US if you are looking for the diesel version. It has to be at least 25 years old to be at least considered for import. The only other Prado option is a 6 cylinder which would be a downgrade IMHO.
Old 04-25-14, 10:39 AM
T4Fun
Racer

well still waiting on vin for my gx. once i get that, my current gx is for sale
Old 04-25-14, 10:21 PM
drake3
Driver School Candidate

Hey T4Fun,

We ordered our Luxury GX a week before you did and we are taking delivery tomorrow. We had to order because we need the rear entertainment. We skipped the driver assist package. But, if you don't even have the VIN yet does that mean that mean it is not even scheduled for production? I figured yours would have been out of the port by now and in transit.

Anyway, good luck with your truck.
Old 04-26-14, 03:03 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by drake3
Hey T4Fun,

We ordered our Luxury GX a week before you did and we are taking delivery tomorrow. We had to order because we need the rear entertainment. We skipped the driver assist package. But, if you don't even have the VIN yet does that mean that mean it is not even scheduled for production? I figured yours would have been out of the port by now and in transit.

My dealer said it would take about 4 months. IT has driver assist package on it. Kinda sucks to wait this long. If it doesnt get made soon i will probably back out of deal and reorder in MY 2015 some point.
Old 04-26-14, 03:49 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by drake3
Hey T4Fun,

You will really like the RSE, especially if you connect something on HDMI.

Randy B

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: trade in pricing - 2010-2013 for 2014+