GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

A couple quick pics...

Old 02-28-14, 10:00 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default A couple quick pics...

A few pics of the GX with the FN BFD wheels...

A couple quick pics...-gx460-side.jpg

A couple quick pics...-gx460-2.jpg
Old 02-28-14, 10:30 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! I like it.
Where did you order your Weathertech liners? How much/pieces did you pay for? I need to buy 5 pieces.
Randy bought his from ebay but it's more expensive than directly from Weathertech or Amazon?

Last edited by Moonlite; 02-28-14 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-28-14, 10:51 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Moonlite
Very nice! I like it.
Where did you order your Weathertech liners? How much/pieces did you pay for? I need to buy 5 pieces.
Randy bought his from ebay but it's more expensive than directly from Weathertech or Amazon?
I bought direct from Weathertech - the price is the same regardless unless you get a discount code or something like that for the specific online retailer. I did the three piece (second row is a single piece). The fit is fantastic! For the rear I did Canvasback covers...they work fantastic. covers everything, super easy to clean up. They were made for having pets in cars/trucks....hence the easy cleanup part. There are a few manufacturers out there that do this same thing...look on autoanything.com
Old 02-28-14, 11:27 AM
FrigginFGO
Driver

Nice photos! How do you like it compared to the 4Runner in your garage?
Old 02-28-14, 11:42 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

Originally Posted by KVA
I bought direct from Weathertech - the price is the same regardless unless you get a discount code or something like that for the specific online retailer. I did the three piece (second row is a single piece). The fit is fantastic! For the rear I did Canvasback covers...they work fantastic. covers everything, super easy to clean up. They were made for having pets in cars/trucks....hence the easy cleanup part. There are a few manufacturers out there that do this same thing...look on autoanything.com
I'm so confuse because KickinA bought his fr Weathertech and had to return because of the hooks/clips. I think 2014 has a ****/turn to lock down. What type do you have?

"I just ordered the same part # weathertech mat from Amazon and will return the original floor mat I ordered that had clips that did not fit my 2014 GX

'WeatherTech part#444931 Digital Fit Floor Liner' "

Unless Weathertech just update or change their design. Please confirm and let me know.

Thank you
Ps. Sorry 4 pieces not 5 pieces for 309 fr Weathertech
Old 02-28-14, 11:49 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FrigginFGO
Nice photos! How do you like it compared to the 4Runner in your garage?
I like it a lot..clearly the V8 is awesome! It drives great, super responsive, looks fantastic...and fits my height way better than my old '06 GX. Great truck all around!

Outside of that it is tough to compare as the T4R is significantly modified and thus the suspension on that is 10000000% better unless you prefer a nice fluffy ride - luckily my wife likes that type of ride so she is happy!

Best part about these two trucks is that they are identical besides the obvious cosmetics, some systems (electrical) and V8. This makes it very easy to see where opportunities are to modify/adjust based on everything I have done to the T4R.

Regardless - both are very capable trucks and I wouldn't hesitate taking one or the other offroad but clearly the T4R is meant for more aggressive situations based on how it is modified/lifted.

Here's the T4R:

A couple quick pics...-4runner.jpg
Old 02-28-14, 11:55 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Moonlite
I'm so confuse because KickinA bought his fr Weathertech and had to return because of the hooks/clips. I think 2014 has a ****/turn to lock down. What type do you have?

"I just ordered the same part # weathertech mat from Amazon and will return the original floor mat I ordered that had clips that did not fit my 2014 GX

'WeatherTech part#444931 Digital Fit Floor Liner' "

Unless Weathertech just update or change their design. Please confirm and let me know.

Thank you
Ps. Sorry 4 pieces not 5 pieces for 309 fr Weathertech
This is exactly what I purchased

Fit is fantastic...no issues. Note that any rubber product during shipment will be bent, etc...It will reset back to the correct position. These floor mats have the ****/turn to lock the mats in place just like stock. The second row does not. Hopefully this helps you out...personally these are 100X better than the OEM versions.
Old 02-28-14, 12:49 PM
cubu
Rookie

are those 18" wheels? I've been on the fence on getting 18" te37 large pcd or 16" te37x
Old 02-28-14, 01:04 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cubu
are those 18" wheels? I've been on the fence on getting 18" te37 large pcd or 16" te37x
Yes, 18x9 0 offset. Kept it stock size (18") to appease the wife. You cannot go lower than a 17" wheel. as it will not clear the brakes/rotors. The T4R is the above picture is running 17" wheels.
Old 03-01-14, 07:36 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Very nice, congratulations!
Old 08-07-14, 03:32 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

sorry for bumping an old thread, are you still on stock suspension? didn't see anything unless I skipped it to see the awesome pics!!
Old 08-07-14, 04:11 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

The GX is all stock suspension...though if you want to rip it all out you can easily replace with Icon, King, Fox, or Radflo - lot's of options. The UCA and LCA's are all identical to the T4R 5th Gen. Bolt holes on the frame are the same as well so sliders, etc will fit. Skids may fit - though it looks like they will.

Remove the side skirts, change the front bumper, and a 3" lift would work great on this truck. No different from a T4R Trail Edition Premium (KDSS) setup.
Old 08-19-14, 10:31 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

that's awesome to hear, ive got a land cruiser (100) and I cant wait till this GX gets a few more miles on her so we can start to mod it up!!
Old 09-23-14, 01:21 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Truck looks awesome!
Old 09-23-14, 03:23 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
that's awesome to hear, ive got a land cruiser (100) and I cant wait till this GX gets a few more miles on her so we can start to mod it up!!
I keep telling my wife that the GX is next...lol. Tons of support in Australia for aftermarket stuff due to similar Prado bloodlines.

I keep thinking that the GX would make an awesome overland vehicle - great V8, comfortable, decent space, tons of suspension possibilities, body on frame...just need to find something else my wife would want to drive - she loves the GX!

I might have to get a 2012 or so GX base model to screw with.

T4R is a bit different now...front & rear bumpers, full skids, etc...
A couple quick pics...-snorkel-front.jpg

Last edited by KVA; 09-23-14 at 03:27 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A couple quick pics...