GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.14%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.44%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.42%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Old 09-21-14, 09:23 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do notice them on the road with the lean, it is pretty obvious. I hope they fix it ASAP.
Old 09-21-14, 09:51 AM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

2012 GX460 Premium...leaning to the passenger side...3/4" up to 1 1/4" sometimes...there is no way it is "withing the specs" as dealers reply...there is a problem and nobody wants to admit that...
Old 09-22-14, 01:37 PM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

it doesn't matter if it's a base or premium model, the front passenger side spring coil has to be changed...I've been to a dealer today, they have ordered the spring and will change it by the end of the week...mine is the third one that they had to fix...
Old 09-22-14, 01:39 PM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

it doesn't matter if it's a base or premium model, the front passenger side spring coil has to be changed...I've been to a dealer today, they have ordered the spring and will change it by the end of the week...mine is the third one that they had to fix...
Old 09-22-14, 02:45 PM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was wondering if there is a TSB on this yet?
Old 09-24-14, 08:15 PM
edikam
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TSB is there for 2010-2014 Models

I have a TSB that shows it is about models GX460 for 2010-2014. Tell you service advisor to look for it in their database.

My car was there for two weeks. If you want, I can post this TSB here. Let me know.
Old 09-25-14, 10:35 AM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, please post it here. i like to have as much information as i can to go to the service adviser.
Old 10-02-14, 12:01 AM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone have a copy of the TSB yet I can get?
Old 10-02-14, 06:45 AM
edikam
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here is TSB

Here is a TSB in PDf.

I had my car fixed, first they replaced a spring. It did not help. They replaced a KDSS drum, coil, and something else. Now it looks good.

It took them two weeks to figure it out. But you have to push, otherwise it will be within specifications.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2014 GX460 TSB Leaning.pdf (133.6 KB, 1660 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by edikam:
Earthlyng (09-09-23), GX4602011 (02-08-17)
Old 10-02-14, 10:00 AM
mistabuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for posting that edikam
Old 10-02-14, 11:07 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks for posting,
my VIN is way past 81189, so doesnt apply to my gx
Old 10-16-14, 09:48 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Originally Posted by edikam
Here is a TSB in PDf.

I had my car fixed, first they replaced a spring. It did not help. They replaced a KDSS drum, coil, and something else. Now it looks good.

It took them two weeks to figure it out. But you have to push, otherwise it will be within specifications.

Enjoy.
That is what they finally ended up doing to my GX (replace springs per TSB). It helped.....but it aint perfect. I guess it's good enough...and within factory spec (3/4" differential). They also installed a new GVWR tag. GVWR was reduced a little...about 50 lbs or so, I can't recall exactly. i still am not happy, but whatever. I think I may sell the GX and get something else...not sure yet.

Last edited by tgergen; 10-16-14 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-16-14, 05:23 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by tgergen
i still am not happy, but whatever. I think I may sell the GX and get something else...not sure yet.
Why are you not happy with the GX? Is it solely due to the level issue or do you have other complaints?
Old 10-16-14, 06:30 PM
tgergen
Rookie

Originally Posted by tecman
Why are you not happy with the GX? Is it solely due to the level issue or do you have other complaints?
Well...........it's a few things......

I am still a little peeved that the rear sags to the right.

The HVAC "forgets" it was on when I shut off the car.... this happens SOMETIMES...irritating.

The nav/hvac/radio take a long time to boot up and be able to control. So when the HVAC "forgets" it was on, I have to sit there in a hot *** car and wait for it to boot.

The stock tires SUCK. Lol

The tires/wheels are WAY too small for the fender size. I know I am nit picking, but you asked.....lol

...and....it's the wife's car....who insisted we replace the 2004 GX 470 with another Lexus. There are some nice improvements and things to like about the 460 though, it's not like I hate it. Just still a little peeved about a few issues. Being as the wife is always busy (sole proprietor), it is next to impossible to get it to a dealer which only adds to my frustration. I expected to have a damn good car for the money I spent. It hasn't quite worked out that way so far.

edit: We very very happy with out 2004 GX 470 for the duration of the 160,000 or so miles we put on it. The GX 460, not so much.

My dealer has tried to fix the lean, and I appreciate that very much. However, at present, there is no other "fix" per corporate, so the dealers hands are tied. I am not upset with the dealer....but with corporate/the company in general. A few years ago, this sort of thing would never fly with Lexus....a car that leans this badly? They would be all over it. By them saying it is within spec is BS IMHO. Look at the pics posted (and the one added below). Can anybody seriously say that that is acceptable? Ridiculous. I would love for a consumer magazine to publish a few pics of the issue....I wonder if they would still consider it "within spec" after the world sees the extent of the issue? I bet not.

I am considering abandoning the brand. The main reason we stuck with Lexus was the QUALITY....given corporate's decision to deem this issue "acceptable" makes me reconsider my opinion of their vehicles, and them as a company. There are a few other SUV's that I find much more aesthetically appealing....I may make a switch.

Last edited by tgergen; 10-19-14 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-19-14, 11:01 AM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Default reply to Tgergen

I got a 2014 GX460 on 1/31/14. I got the premium package. I did not notice that mine leans to the right with the left side of the vehicle being higher than the right side of the vehicle. Very disappointing. I've already brought it back to the Tustin Lexus where I got the vehicle and to Crown Lexus where I bring my vehicle for service.

Crown Lexus - First time I brought it, my service advisor had said their technician says that it is within Lexus guidelines when the vehicle has a full tank......so I said that I need to fill up all the time so it is within Lexus guidelines which is if one side is higher than the other side no more than 3/4". That's terrible.

I called Lexus corporate and after 3 or 4 weeks from my initial call, I was advised to bring it back to Lexus and they would change the front coil spring assembly. They had my vehicle for 3 weeks. I got it back and still the same problem.......same ugly problem.

I called Customer Relations Manager at Crown Lexus and sent her pictures and she showed them to the Service Department Manager. At the same time, I was speaking with I believe a manager at Lexus Corporate. Long story short, Crown Lexus is giving me a bunch of BS. One being that it is a special feature of the vehicle that it levels itself out when the road is not........with that they added that "All roads are not level to avoid flooding." True, yes about roads and flooding, but a special feature....Oh, C'mon!!! Special features are suppose to enhance the vehicle not make it look ugly.

Last I heard from Crown Lexus is that they are waiting for an exact vehicle with the same tires, same features and to have the same amount of gas to see my vehicle really has something really wrong with it. Same tires....same amount of gas.....oohhhhhh geeezzzzz. How about the same about of brake and steering wheel fluid, same amount of air in each tire, same floor mats......oh and cannot forget the same amount of dirt on the car. I am just laughing at this point just not to get to stressed for something that Lexus is trying to get away with for the meantime.

Last I heard from Lexus Corporate was that they are waiting for what Crown Lexus is waiting for.......another GX460 to compare mine with.

Oh my goodness, what a headache! Never have I had any problems with any other vehicles, I owned. 82 Celica / 94 Integra / 03 Tundra / 04 Camry / 05 Civic / 05 Rav4 / 05 ES330 / 06 LX470.

Sorry for my long and drawn out drama on a Sunday, but I just heard from my service advisor that we are not the only one's with this problem. Have you gotten anywhere with your vehicle? Please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Special feature...........

...........my big and blubbery bottom. HA!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KDSS Lean