GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.14%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.44%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.42%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Old 06-13-14, 09:57 PM
zeebra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I guess I was a little too enthusiastic last night, you all are right that's BS
Picked up the new GX today and she's plumb level.... Aw yeah!
I'm liking it so much now I want to trade in my LS460 for an LX!
Sorry I couldn't help much with the level issue everyone.
Peace
Z
Old 06-19-14, 05:39 AM
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
I got my GX460 -2014 last Dec, and had the same issue. LR is lower than RR. went to the dealer to get it fixed and they struggled for 10 days before they came back to me and told me that they need to replace the FR KDSS drum, coil spring and suspension rod. Coild spring and rod as I was feeling a noise from that side and KDSS Drum and that is dirsturbing the balance. After April, they just replaced all the 3 part and walaaa... Height is perfect... LR and RR having same height .....

I also checked new GX at showroom and they have the height issue, looks like may be Lexus will recall the GX sometime to fix it....

Hope this helps to all owners struggling to get the height issue fixed.....
Old 06-19-14, 08:26 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

lexus needs to acknowledge and fix the issue. it may be complicated one though.
Old 07-14-14, 01:28 PM
jct0518
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to let you know I found a solution for the famous "lean" on the gx460 (in my case, Land Cruiser Prado)... It consists in "confusing" the load level sensors located under the chasis on each side of our trucks... I followed the guide posted on this forum and worked like a charm!

I used about a 10-12mm washer on the right side (the lean side) and a 5mm washer on the left side

By doing this mod you can also "lift" your car to your desired spec...

let me know if you have any questions..

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...l=1#post280029
Old 07-14-14, 10:02 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jct0518
Wanted to let you know I found a solution for the famous "lean" on the gx460 (in my case, Land Cruiser Prado)... It consists in "confusing" the load level sensors located under the chasis on each side of our trucks... I followed the guide posted on this forum and worked like a charm!

I used about a 10-12mm washer on the right side (the lean side) and a 5mm washer on the left side

By doing this mod you can also "lift" your car to your desired spec...

let me know if you have any questions..

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...l=1#post280029
it great that you found a fix solution of the leaning to the right on our GX460 with air suspension, can you take a close up pics where you used the washer on the height sensors? are they two or four sensors? only in the back? can you give more detail? would it affect the ride like it steer to one side or it is going straight? because my 14" GX it steer to the right while moving on highway and also the right front sit lower than the left, is it the solution to fix these? thanks
Old 07-15-14, 02:23 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
? would it affect the ride like it steer to one side or it is going straight? because my 14" GX it steer to the right while moving on highway and also the right front sit lower than the left, is it the solution to fix these? thanks
Mine is that way. I am bringing it in again to meet with a rep from Lexus.

Literally the vehicle pulls to the right. I feel like I am laboring to keep it straight.
Old 07-24-14, 09:34 AM
mistabuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is lower on the passenger side, ranging from 0.25-0.75" from my rough measurements over the last couple of months. Had the dealer look at the suspension and they measured it at 3/8", which they said anything <0.5" is within specs. I have a 2011 Premium.
Old 07-24-14, 10:28 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Mine leans an Inch and a half. It is noticeable while driving
Old 07-24-14, 10:50 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

mine was random. sometimes right was lower, sometimes left was lower. Damnest thing. After a while i think it probably leveled out and didnt notice it.

this is a known issue and there is another poll on this topic and thread a few pages back
Old 07-31-14, 03:50 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Good News

I had an appointment yesterday to meet with a Lexus Rep and the service manager.

A TSB has not been published yet, but a fix has been made for the lean problem. The front right spring has been reproduced with a different spring rate. While the TSB is still unofficial, Lexus did ship this part to the US and my vehicle has been fixed.

I am picking it up today and will post the results.
Old 07-31-14, 03:56 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Fix

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...t-level-4.html
Old 07-31-14, 06:25 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by looknow12
I had an appointment yesterday to meet with a Lexus Rep and the service manager.

A TSB has not been published yet, but a fix has been made for the lean problem. The front right spring has been reproduced with a different spring rate. While the TSB is still unofficial, Lexus did ship this part to the US and my vehicle has been fixed.

I am picking it up today and will post the results.
Great new, hopefully it will fix the lean issue? I hate looking at my truck from behind when it park
Old 07-31-14, 06:41 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Great new, hopefully it will fix the lean issue? I hate looking at my truck from behind when it park
Yes. That is what is it designed for. The TSB, when published, will be out to fix the lean issue.

Apparently since the GX is sold in many other countries with right and left hand drive, Lexus discovered tweaking the spring rate on the front right suspension would fix this issue.

However you might be able to notify your dealer before the TSB about this issue. Tell them about the front right suspension. Lexus already had replacement springs in the US for this issue, and your dealer may be able to get their hands on it. I'm sure they are in limited supply since the TSB is not yet published they probably only sent over a minimum amount to test.
Old 07-31-14, 06:48 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by looknow12
Yes. That is what is it designed for. The TSB, when published, will be out to fix the lean issue.

Apparently since the GX is sold in many other countries with right and left hand drive, Lexus discovered tweaking the spring rate on the front right suspension would fix this issue.

However you might be able to notify your dealer before the TSB about this issue. Tell them about the front right suspension. Lexus already had replacement springs in the US for this issue, and your dealer may be able to get their hands on it. I'm sure they are in limited supply since the TSB is not yet published they probably only sent over a minimum amount to test.
Great, have you got your fixed? Just need a confirmation before I go to my dealer
Old 07-31-14, 06:50 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Great, have you got your fixed? Just need a confirmation before I go to my dealer
Picking it up this morning. I will post the results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KDSS Lean