GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.38%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.38%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.24%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-14, 11:01 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brxsilva
Got and email from the Crown Lexus Customer Relations manager.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

No, I’m sorry that is not what we had discussed with Lexus. Lexus has suggested that we Replace the rear shocks and the front struts with 2013 parts. We will order these if you are interested in doing so. They have found that this fix has made it better.
Shocks will not change the ride height, springs / air bags will do that.
Old 10-23-14, 05:07 PM
yipster222
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brxsilva
Got and email from the Crown Lexus Customer Relations manager.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

No, I’m sorry that is not what we had discussed with Lexus. Lexus has suggested that we Replace the rear shocks and the front struts with 2013 parts. We will order these if you are interested in doing so. They have found that this fix has made it better.
I am sorry to hear about your GX leaning this badly. When you took delivery of this truck was it leaning already? Did it gradually started leaning?

Is it hit or miss with the GX's some are leaning and others are not. When you start driving does it still lean or it even it self out? I also assume you don't have the rear air springs like the Luxury model. I am wondering if the Luxury model does not lean due to the air springs vs the base and premium model without the air springs.

Last thing I would do is complain to the NHTSA about the lean and that is not safe to drive.
This will lit a fire on their butt!!!
Old 10-23-14, 05:25 PM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

While I know a number of factors can affect the ride height of a vehicle, especially one with air bladders in the suspension system; if Lexus is suggesting that replacing your 2014's shocks and struts with those from the 2013 model could make things better (their findings), then:

a) They know the 2014s shocks and struts are not as up-to-par with the 2013s
b) Shocks and struts do play a part, albeit a small one, in the ride height of a vehicle -where weak shocks on a heavy vehicle can take longer to normalize?

With that said, I'd say go for it if you are still under warranty; it cannot possible be any worse than your current situation. Ask them to replace the coils as well, if your VIN number falls below the chart. Good luck and keep us posted.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...sb-leaning.pdf
Old 10-23-14, 10:20 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

Originally Posted by 11GX460
While I know a number of factors can affect the ride height of a vehicle, especially one with air bladders in the suspension system; if Lexus is suggesting that replacing your 2014's shocks and struts with those from the 2013 model could make things better (their findings), then:

a) They know the 2014s shocks and struts are not as up-to-par with the 2013s
b) Shocks and struts do play a part, albeit a small one, in the ride height of a vehicle -where weak shocks on a heavy vehicle can take longer to normalize?

With that said, I'd say go for it if you are still under warranty; it cannot possible be any worse than your current situation. Ask them to replace the coils as well, if your VIN number falls below the chart. Good luck and keep us posted.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...sb-leaning.pdf
Old 10-23-14, 10:27 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Never noticed the lean. Only noticed it a several months later. When I drive, it still leans to the right.

Originally Posted by yipster222
I am sorry to hear about your GX leaning this badly. When you took delivery of this truck was it leaning already? Did it gradually started leaning?

Is it hit or miss with the GX's some are leaning and others are not. When you start driving does it still lean or it even it self out? I also assume you don't have the rear air springs like the Luxury model. I am wondering if the Luxury model does not lean due to the air springs vs the base and premium model without the air springs.

Last thing I would do is complain to the NHTSA about the lean and that is not safe to drive.
This will lit a fire on their butt!!!
Old 10-24-14, 07:15 PM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

that looks even worst than mine...mine was leaning 1 1/4"- 1 1/2"...I was constantly checking on this forum what people say about this problem until I heard about TSB...that's how I got mine fixed at no cost at all...dealer changed the front left spring and now it looks a lot better...still has some little lean to the right about 1/2", but it's not noticeable...I was the third customer they had to fix this kind of issue dealer said...I'm greatfully thankfull to all those who posted the info in this forum...check also the tread "New 14 GX rear not level"...good luck everyone...
Old 10-24-14, 07:23 PM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

I've got mine fixed finally...I told my dealer about TSB and they fixed mine at no cost...I was the third customer with this issue...dealers know about TSB, you just have to ask them about it, otherwise they will say "it's withing the specs"...thanks to everyone who posted in this forum, that's how I've heard about TSB...
Old 10-29-14, 07:52 PM
Letch
Driver School Candidate

My 2012 Premium leans about an inch lower on the passenger side. Heading into the dealership tomorrow to see what can be done, will update tomorrow!
Old 11-02-14, 06:32 PM
Letch
Driver School Candidate

My service technician didn't seem to know a lot about the issue. He told me my vehicle is "within specs" and that was as far as he wanted to go. When I asked what specs were, he had to look it up, and get back to me (20 minutes later). He said the measurement is 30 inches (wherever that is to?) and they consider 0.75 inches up or down on either side to be within specs. A bit confusing to me, and I didn't feel like arguing with a guy who didn't know what he was talking about. Apparently mine is 1/4 inch off on one side. I wonder if one side is 0.5 up and the other side is 0.5 down if they still consider it to be "within normal range".

I had my alignment fixed a month ago and it's better, but it still doesn't feel right.
Old 11-14-14, 12:26 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Semi fix on the leaning issues of my GX!

Hi guys, I just pick up my 14" GX luxury package from the dealer, I was complaint them about the leaning issues on the front passenger, I got them schedule for the inspection to see of it is really lean? And they called my back and said yet my truck is not in height spec, and there was the L-SB-0041-14 they have to keep my truck for the night because I have to order the new coil which come in next morning, long story short and pick up my truck this morning, and the truck still not perfectly even to me? Maybe it need more time to even out? But it look better than before I think by 1/2 inch? And my headlight lights pattern on the right is seem little higher than before by 1/2" which seem a little better, Any way this is the part number they replaced with 48131-60F50, so my question for any one whoever did the coil replace was the same number as mine? Thanks for a chime in, I hope I got the right part

Ps: I got my first oil change and tires rotation for free, since my truck I bought over. In Texas, not at their dealer
Old 02-02-15, 11:59 AM
lareathorn
Driver School Candidate

Default Leaning GX

I had my right front spring replaced in July which did help the problem. About 3 months before that I had the front end realigned because it was pulling to the right. Did not notice the lean at that time. Now the same problem is back. The lady told me today it was a "characteristic of the vehicle".
Old 02-02-15, 02:06 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Does your GX Lean

No!. Have 2015 Luxury Edition. Has Adaptive variable suspension and self leveling rear suspension for when you are carrying more weight in the rear.
Old 02-02-15, 04:58 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by lareathorn
I had my right front spring replaced in July which did help the problem. About 3 months before that I had the front end realigned because it was pulling to the right. Did not notice the lean at that time. Now the same problem is back. The lady told me today it was a "characteristic of the vehicle".
Unacceptable, who would buy a vehicle that has a crooked stance and what manufacturer would intentionally design such a vehicle, and a LUXURY at that.

lareathorn, Do not tolerate this poor excuse.
Good luck.
Old 04-06-15, 02:56 PM
Westlcc
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 GX 460 leans

My brand new gx460 leans a whole 2cm lower on the passanger side. Front and rear measure lower front is 2 cm lower than the driver side and even the rear measures 1-1/2 cm lower. When I turn sharply left it dips much lower than the driver side dips when turning right. This is unacceptable for a $60,000+ vehicle. Sitting inside the vehicle it's really obvious it not level. Last time I buy a car at night. LOL I want Lexus to refund my money and take the car back if this is "normal"

Last edited by Westlcc; 04-06-15 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 09:12 PM
Pangoo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent a lot of time at two local dealers looking at 5+ GX of various trim levels. Really didn't notice a lean in the 2015s but might need take a closer look. That's pretty ridiculous that they could have these issues and think its normal.

Quick Reply: KDSS Lean