GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.38%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.38%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.24%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-14, 11:32 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG. Mine was only noticeable from the rear. Yours looks REALLY bad. Did you send those picture to corporate? You definitely should. That is absurd. They did a spring swap on the front at first, and it didn't help. Then they kept checking with corporate and they than had another spring fix to try. It help a LOT that time. It still is not level, but is better, and within spec. I am still not happy, but I don't think there is another fix available at the moment.

Please keep me posted on what happens...I will do the same. PLEASE SEND THOSE PICS TO CORPORATE. they need no know the severity of the lean.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to send pics to Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc, etc. Somebody may decide to investigate and publish. I don't think Lexus will find this "within spec" after pictures like yours start appearing online and possibly in magazines. To say a vehicle, like yours, is within spec is ludicrous.

Last edited by tgergen; 10-20-14 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-19-14, 01:38 PM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow! That is some lean. I'd be extremely embarrassed to own any vehicle that appears like that in public, let alone a Lexus. And this is AFTER they updated your coils??? Clearly, it looks like your vehicle has an issue. Maybe the shocks and struts?
Old 10-20-14, 04:31 AM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That does not even look safe to drive.
Old 10-20-14, 10:37 AM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes yes yes!

2014 Premium Package

I hate it. Looks terrible and embarrassing when I meet with business clients!

How are all of yours compared to mine?

How's that for ya?
Old 10-20-14, 10:50 AM
mistabuyer
Driver School Candidate

Mine's leaning, but not visible from the front like yours. I hope Lexus is able to resolve this issue. The photos you posted may be a little exaggerated since there is no frame of reference to a level line or surface.
Old 10-20-14, 12:30 PM
tgergen
Rookie

Shocks/struts have nothing to do with ride height...only the spring and load sensors/air bladder pressure.

I crawled under mine a few months ago and located the load/level sensors for the rear. I was thinking of messing with them. I read recently some Aussie guys (with a Prado?) shimmed the load sensor with some washers to correct a similar issue. Also, I noticed on the rear load sensors that they do have an adjustable heim joint (like a tie rod). I was thinking of messing with that too. BUT, I would rather have it fixed correctly.....

When I inquired while at my dealer why they just didn't adjust the load/level sensor, they said it was all computer controlled, etc, etc. The way I see it, the computer only bases its output on input (ie: a load sensor). If the sensor is out of whack, it will give a bad output (ie: believe it is level when it isn't). Anyway, I may mess with it someday....if so, I will post and share.

In my observations, it feels like the RR is "soft". By this, I mean when I go around a left hand corner, and hit a bump to compress the RR, it feels much softer and bottoms out easier the when I turn right and compress the LR (high side). This also leads me to believe the load sensor is set low and as a result, there is lower air pressure in the RR suspension air bladder. Just a few thoughts/observations.

If anybody has a schematic on the rear suspension and/or air bladder pneumatics, please let me know. I am curious if each bladder is "independent" or if they are pressurized equally/share the same source/pump. If they independent, one would think you could adjust the load sensor and get more air pressure into that bladder to raise the height.

Last edited by tgergen; 10-20-14 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-20-14, 05:04 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Default No frame of reference to a level line or surface

Originally Posted by mistabuyer
Mine's leaning, but not visible from the front like yours. I hope Lexus is able to resolve this issue. The photos you posted may be a little exaggerated since there is no frame of reference to a level line or surface.
Thanks for your response. I wish they would resolve this faster. It just seems that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

I took a client out for lunch and he noticed the lean. It was embarrassing for me to have a nice vehicle and for it to have this issue. Luckily he still went with our agency.

I am still working with Crown Lexus and Lexus Corporate. I emailed the Customer's Relation manager at Crown Lexus early this morning but I have not gotten a response. I called Lexus Corporate and left a message for the manager there early this morning too....he has not returned my call.
Old 10-20-14, 05:35 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

That looks pretty bad. How can dealers not see that? I guess money is all they want.

Anyways, those who replaced the springs, make sure that they did a proper alignment after the install.
Old 10-20-14, 10:25 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I've sent the pics to corporate. I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.
If I only knew that the GX had this problem, I would have never gotten one. I would kept my 2006 LX470.

Originally Posted by tgergen
OMG. Mine was only noticeable from the rear. Yours looks REALLY bad. Did you send those picture to corporate? You definitely should. That is absurd. They did a spring swap on the front at first, and it didn't help. Then they kept checking with corporate and they than had another spring fix to try. It help a LOT that time. It still is not level, but is better, and within spec. I am still not happy, but I don't think there is another fix available at the moment.

Please keep me posted on what happens...I will do the same. PLEASE SEND THOSE PICS TO CORPORATE. they need no know the severity of the lean.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to send pics to Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc, etc. Somebody may decide to investigate and publish. I don't think Lexus will find this "within spec" after pictures like yours start appearing online and possibly in magazines. To say a vehicle, like yours, is within spec is ludicrous.
Old 10-21-14, 10:46 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by brxsilva

Special feature...........

...........my big and blubbery bottom. HA!!!
How could this be NORMAL? Are they out of their *****ing minds? I love Lexus and Toyota but this is far from ridiculous. I'll check mine today and report back. If it is my vehicle I'll get to the bottom of this.

Good luck.
Old 10-21-14, 08:53 PM
emaratee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brxsilva
2014 Premium Package

I hate it. Looks terrible and embarrassing when I meet with business clients!

How are all of yours compared to mine?

How's that for ya?

That's bad.

Are you able to raise or lower the rear of the car ? .. if yes, then this is an issue with the recalibration of the control unit.
Old 10-22-14, 07:03 AM
Teddyofind
Driver School Candidate

mine 2013 GX leans to the passenger side too. Took it to the deale and they measured as 10mm lower compared to the driver side. Was told anywhere <20mm is within spec. Oh well...
Old 10-22-14, 10:46 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

thats a pretty bad lean.
there is a TSB for certain VINs on the gx
its somewhere on this forum.
check it out.
Old 10-23-14, 09:49 AM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Default Crown Lexus Response

I got an email from the Customer Relations manager.

Anyone have some thoughts on this?

No, I’m sorry that is not what we had discussed with Lexus. Lexus has suggested that we Replace the rear shocks and the front struts with 2013 parts. We will order these if you are interested in doing so. They have found that this fix has made it better.

[/I]

Last edited by brxsilva; 10-23-14 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-23-14, 09:52 AM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Default Crown Lexus Response

Got and email from the Crown Lexus Customer Relations manager.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

No, I’m sorry that is not what we had discussed with Lexus. Lexus has suggested that we Replace the rear shocks and the front struts with 2013 parts. We will order these if you are interested in doing so. They have found that this fix has made it better.

Quick Reply: KDSS Lean