First Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13, 03:54 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I thought it was 0000
It is. The passcode has nothing to do with your phones security features.
Old 12-30-13, 04:06 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolrax
It is. The passcode has nothing to do with your phones security features.
I know that, but I have a security number / fingerprint lock on my iPhone 5S and the GX never asked me for that info.
Old 12-30-13, 05:07 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought when it asked for a pass code it was asking for the one for the phone. I will play around with it some. Ore and see if I can get it going. Thanks again for all the responses.
Old 12-30-13, 06:55 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Herd72
I thought when it asked for a pass code it was asking for the one for the phone. I will play around with it some. Ore and see if I can get it going. Thanks again for all the responses.
It's defiantly not asking for your personal security code from your phone.
Old 12-31-13, 10:10 AM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Tried again, still can't figure it out. Keep getting to the point where it asks me to enter 0000 on my mobile device and can't seem to find where to do it other than the security pass code. My salesman was a Toyota guy and admitted he did not know much about the Lexus. He offered to set me up with a friend of his in the Lexus dept if I could not figure stuff out. Gonna make a list and give him a call... Once again thanks for trying to get me sorted out. You guys are great!
Old 12-31-13, 01:40 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

It sounds like you're still trying to connect the telephone and not the Bluetooth audio. Are you trying to do this through the audio settings? All mine has is a "connect" button, and it automatically connects. It has only asked me to enter a code on my phone when I try to pair the phone.
Old 12-31-13, 01:47 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Old 12-31-13, 01:48 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

I am going through audio. But I am trying to stream music, podcasts,etc. from the phone. My phone pairs automatically if Bluetooth Is on to make and answer calls, use Siri, etc. but I can't seem to get content to stream wirelessly. I know I could plug into the aux input port and do it that way but other posters seem to be able to stream it. After my phone has paired when I go to audio all I get is no player found, when I go to add it, the nav asks me to enter the pass code into my mobile device. That is as far as I get. I am no technology maven but fairly savvy so I know I must just be overlooking something or it is hidden somewhere in all 1300+ pages of manual.
Old 12-31-13, 02:14 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Default Here is as far as I can get

I am trying to attach a screen shot of as far as I am able to get. It gets to the connecting phase and does not latch on. I do not have this problem at all making or answering calls. You can see at the bottom where it says enter passcode into portable player.
Attached Thumbnails First Road Trip-image.jpg  
Old 12-31-13, 02:46 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I am trying to attach a screen shot of as far as I am able to get. It gets to the connecting phase and does not latch on. I do not have this problem at all making or answering calls. You can see at the bottom where it says enter passcode into portable player.
When you go to your Bluetooth settings on the phone and connect, it gets hung up and sits there? Does it let you even put in the "0000" pass code?
Old 12-31-13, 02:57 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

It connects fine as soon as I get into the vehicle as long as Bluetooth is enabled on the phone - but ONLY for the phone functions. It paired easily for that. I make and receive calls, use Siri, etc, all the time. I just can't get it to pair on the audio setup. As I said it just hangs there and if it asked me to put the code in, not sure where I would enter 0000. Just thoroughly confused at this point! LOL
Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-31-13, 04:14 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

It connects fine as soon as I get into the vehicle as long as Bluetooth is enabled on the phone - but ONLY for the phone functions. It paired easily for that. I make and receive calls, use Siri, etc, all the time. I just can't get it to pair on the audio setup. As I said it just hangs there and if it asked me to put the code in, not sure where I would enter 0000. Just thoroughly confused at this point! LOL
Thanks for the reply!
I would bet you would enter the code in your Bluetooth pairing on your phone. It must be separate from making and receiving calls. My 2010 did not have Bluetooth audio. My 2014 does and I have no problem with Bluetooth audio. If you're near a dealer, I would ask them to look at it. If not, take it by a car audio shop and they should be able to help you figure out what's going on.
Old 12-31-13, 04:42 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default You have to pair twice.

Once for phone functionality, and once for audio stream functionality. When you are attempting to connect on the audio side, you are more than likely already paired on the phone side, and the phone will not pair to two devices. It needs to switch between the two.

Try this:

Turn the truck on and watch the phone pair. Once that is done, manually disconnect the pair on your phone. Now try to pair through the audio side on the screen on the truck like you posted. Once that is done, it should work between the two automatically.

I had to do this with Acura, and its a Bluetooth thing, not a manufacturer thing.

When you are done it will show two different types of connections on the phone for the same vehicle.

Randy B
Old 12-31-13, 05:16 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Default Thanks

I will give that a try. Do I manually break the connection with the phone by turning Bluetooth off or break it from the truck side? I thought it must be a Bluetooth thing rather than the Lexus since other folks on here had no problems. Hope this gets it. I know it's a little things but they sure nag at ya!
Old 12-31-13, 05:57 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

This maybe a phone issue. I have a Bluetooth adaptor on my home receiver and I must reconnect my phone to it by doing the following example. With the GX radio on go into settings on your phone then touch the Bluetooth option and it will show available devices and CAR MULTIMEDIA shows on my phone, then touch to connect . Or maybe on your system it may have a different device label. I have a 4S phone and I remember on the old IOS version I had I believe a up arrow on the bottom of the phone that I had to touch in order to bring up the stream to Bluetooth option so look at any available options you have on the phone while playing music.

Quick Reply: First Road Trip