RES+ Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-13, 07:18 PM
nosterkaGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RES+ Question

Hey Guys,

After lurking here for a few years I finally took the plunge and picked up a new '14 GX about 3 weeks ago. It came equipped with RES+ but I am having a hard time getting it set up here and thought I would see if you guys had any ideas on the issue. To register it I have to enter a 25 digit serial #, however I did not receive that number when I picked up the vehicle. The website said the number should have come on a plastic key tag with the keys and if not to contact the dealer and that they could look up the number. Well after 2 weeks of back and forth with the dealer they say they have no idea how to find it and my only option at this point is to bring the vehicle in and they could try and locate it on the vehicle/RES+ box. Is there anyone that has experience with the RES+ system or any idea of how to locate that serial #?

I live about an 90 miles from the dealer so its not an easy trip to just run over and have it checked out, plus I cant believe that Lexus doesn't have this info stored somewhere that they could just look up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you
Old 12-18-13, 10:40 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nosterkaGX

Hey Guys,

After lurking here for a few years I finally took the plunge and picked up a new '14 GX about 3 weeks ago. It came equipped with RES+ but I am having a hard time getting it set up here and thought I would see if you guys had any ideas on the issue. To register it I have to enter a 25 digit serial #, however I did not receive that number when I picked up the vehicle. The website said the number should have come on a plastic key tag with the keys and if not to contact the dealer and that they could look up the number. Well after 2 weeks of back and forth with the dealer they say they have no idea how to find it and my only option at this point is to bring the vehicle in and they could try and locate it on the vehicle/RES+ box. Is there anyone that has experience with the RES+ system or any idea of how to locate that serial #?

I live about an 90 miles from the dealer so its not an easy trip to just run over and have it checked out, plus I cant believe that Lexus doesn't have this info stored somewhere that they could just look up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you
Perhaps you can get some help here:

https://www.lexusresplus.com/troubleshooting/index.jsp

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/pdf/PT39860133.pdf

~ Cap
Attached Images  

Last edited by Capirato; 12-18-13 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-19-13, 08:17 AM
nosterkaGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cap,

Thanks for the response, the link to Sewell Parts was helpful to see where the unit is located. I called Sewell to see if they could help and they really had no idea what RES+ was. They said that the only way to retrieve the info is to bring the car in and to remove the passenger side front leg airbag and paneling to reach the RES+ unit, which I'm not all that trilled about. Is the RES+ system really that new that dealers dont know much about it? I just cant believe that this is the only way to locate this information and that Lexus doesnt keep any type of info on this in its records for the car. This wasn't a dealer added option either it came direct from the factory when the car was built.

Thanks again for the help
Old 12-22-13, 01:05 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nosterkaGX

Hey Cap,

Thanks for the response, the link to Sewell Parts was helpful to see where the unit is located. I called Sewell to see if they could help and they really had no idea what RES+ was. They said that the only way to retrieve the info is to bring the car in and to remove the passenger side front leg airbag and paneling to reach the RES+ unit, which I'm not all that trilled about. Is the RES+ system really that new that dealers dont know much about it? I just cant believe that this is the only way to locate this information and that Lexus doesnt keep any type of info on this in its records for the car. This wasn't a dealer added option either it came direct from the factory when the car was built.

Thanks again for the help
Contact the following:

http://www.lexus.com/contact/

~ Cap