GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX: Selling like Hot Cakes?? True or False

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 10:51 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
Probably first of the year--they are having a few built right now that will show up mid Jan. We are building one like I want and he said if I want it, its mine if not it will sell lol.
Is yours a special order? Will you be getting the Driver Support Package that comes with radar cruise control, crawl control, etc? I wanted to get my GX with the Driver Support Package but could not wait for a special order.
Old 12-12-13, 11:05 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Dont think so--that's an expensive package to have and really dont need it. Ill save the money an add my Bel STi-R radar and lidar jammers
Old 12-12-13, 11:49 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Sales are certainly up YoY, but "selling like hotcakes"? It still doesn't break 1500 units/month while the Mercedes GL sells 3,500. I'm happy to see advertisements for it finally. I like to see Lexus trying actively to sell something other than the bread and butter...seems like all they care about selling is the RX, IS and ES sometimes.
There's an heir of change surrounding Lexus lately, but is seemingly is taking forever
Old 12-12-13, 01:17 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
There's an heir of change surrounding Lexus lately, but is seemingly is taking forever
Curious as to what the heir of change is? Will it be the new and up and coming models coming from Lexus such as the RC, NX, etc...
Old 12-12-13, 04:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I agree with you! Its exciting.
Old 12-12-13, 06:01 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Curious as to what the heir of change is? Will it be the new and up and coming models coming from Lexus such as the RC, NX, etc...
Not just new models though that is obviously key including explanding F and F-Sport, but the philosophy is changing, customer base is changing, new markets to tap, social media explosion, new technology and powertrains on the horizon and a drive to move upmarket. Suffice to say Lexus is busy. Other than the NX, RC and redesigned RX next year, the LF-LC Concept and next gen LS around 2015/16 should make the biggest splash once again establishing Lexus's commitment to Luxury, Performance, Innovation and Engineering
Old 12-18-13, 04:48 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Got my VIN number today.

Hopefully will have ship name this week or first of next. Awaiting arrival at Port JAX.

Randy B
Old 12-22-13, 09:16 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess they are selling a lot better now. I passed by the dealership and talked to a buddy of mine that works there, he stated that people are buying them for MSRP and they are not budging much off MSRP anymore since there is a high demand. They didn't have any units on the lot even to show or test drive.
Old 12-23-13, 07:24 AM
JohnJerk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

High demand and low supply here in Utah. No vehicles available for test drive in the state. Not paying msrp though. Just read comments to a short article on the 460 in C&D and there is consensus that the gen 2 and 2.5 are ugly dinosaurs. I love it and am awaiting delivery on a base model, white with black interior, nav and f sport.
Old 12-23-13, 08:02 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
High demand and low supply here in Utah. No vehicles available for test drive in the state. Not paying msrp though. Just read comments to a short article on the 460 in C&D and there is consensus that the gen 2 and 2.5 are ugly dinosaurs. I love it and am awaiting delivery on a base model, white with black interior, nav and f sport.
well there is no other luxury bof out there, and i agree with some comments. styling could obviously always be better. all angles still look the same on the gx except the front grill, but that was enough to lure more buyers in. demand is higher this year probably due to heavy snowfall everywhere and the redesign.
wait till summer or slightest rise up in gas, and you 'll see demand fall off a cliff.
Old 12-23-13, 08:21 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by iialcii
I guess they are selling a lot better now. I passed by the dealership and talked to a buddy of mine that works there, he stated that people are buying them for MSRP and they are not budging much off MSRP anymore since there is a high demand. They didn't have any units on the lot even to show or test drive.
Invoice is very possible in my area.
My son in law just bought a $63K list white/black for invoice.
Old 12-23-13, 01:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Plenty of them here too...

I think the issue may just be lower inventories in general in some markets.
Old 12-24-13, 12:06 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't say the GX is selling hot cakes but probably a spike in demand I have seen quite a number around in the upscale areas of Long Island the 2014 models, it certainly looks better than I thought in pictures I must say!
Old 12-24-13, 11:38 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Sorry, I missed this post.

Originally Posted by Trexus
Is yours a special order? Will you be getting the Driver Support Package that comes with radar cruise control, crawl control, etc? I wanted to get my GX with the Driver Support Package but could not wait for a special order.
Yes, I had to order for the Driver's support package. Dealers in this market will not allocate that option as it maked the MSRP too much for what they believe they will sell on the lot, so its Special order only.

I at least received my VIN, and the vehicle now shows in the dealer's online inventory. I imagine its afloat, so just waiting on notice of delivery to dealership. Hopefully with a couple of weeks.

Randy B
Old 12-24-13, 09:26 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by Randy B
Yes, I had to order for the Driver's support package. Dealers in this market will not allocate that option as it maked the MSRP too much for what they believe they will sell on the lot, so its Special order only.

I at least received my VIN, and the vehicle now shows in the dealer's online inventory. I imagine its afloat, so just waiting on notice of delivery to dealership. Hopefully with a couple of weeks.

Randy B
Congratulations! When did you special order your GX? Please post pictures when you get a chance. I should have special ordered my GX back in either October or November so I could have received it in December.

Quick Reply: 2014 GX: Selling like Hot Cakes?? True or False