GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 Gx460 Base with Nav. Purchased!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-13, 04:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys, knock off the rude personal comments (posts edited or removed).

If there is someone whose posts bothers you, use the ignore list feature
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-01-13 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-01-13, 11:29 AM
Revnitup
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadro
Are you getting the front wrapped in the clear bra? Now is the time before you got any major "damage" from the elements. I hate how on SFP it gets the orange bloom from anything stuck in the paint and had my dealer clear bra the whole front before I drove the truck home.

I'm thinking about it. I just got the quote from Lexus to do it. There are 3 different wraps and they also vary on if you have headlamp washers and parking sensors on the bumper.

Lexus Of Memphis Quoted.
Hood & Fenders $329 Labor $125
Bumper no Washers or Sensors. $499 Labor $187.50
Mirrors $198 Labor $50
Old 11-01-13, 12:39 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Revnitup
I'm thinking about it. I just got the quote from Lexus to do it. There are 3 different wraps and they also vary on if you have headlamp washers and parking sensors on the bumper.

Lexus Of Memphis Quoted.
Hood & Fenders $329 Labor $125
Bumper no Washers or Sensors. $499 Labor $187.50
Mirrors $198 Labor $50
Get it done somewhere else, those prices are too high. The dealer outsources it anyway. Cost varies depending on the film used.
Old 11-01-13, 01:42 PM
FrigginFGO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You made a good decision in going with the GX over the 4Runner. I've read the V6 in the 5th generation 4Runners struggle with heavy loads and towing especially going up steep inclines. You made the right decision going with the V8 in the GX460.
Old 11-01-13, 05:56 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FrigginFGO
You made a good decision in going with the GX over the 4Runner. I've read the V6 in the 5th generation 4Runners struggle with heavy loads and towing especially going up steep inclines. You made the right decision going with the V8 in the GX460.
I had a 2012 4Runner and I'm here for that reason, the V6 struggled with the weight of the 4Runner itself and the 5 speed transmission made for poor fuel economy anyways. At least the poor fuel economy I get now is fun! Haha
Old 11-04-13, 07:00 AM
TyGreeny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
The dealer outsources it anyway. Cost varies depending on the film used.
This is not always true. We do ours in house.
Old 11-04-13, 10:10 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the purchase OP!

Originally Posted by Booyah
Your wife is a Lexus owner for life now cause once you had one, there is no going to any other brand lol--watch and see

I can agree with this comment whole heartedly. We purchased a vehicle about 4 months ago (none luxury for DD) and now we are selling it to get another Lexus. Nothing seems to compare to it. Maybe we are all use to the luxuries now and can't live without them.
Old 11-04-13, 10:14 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TyGreeny
This is not always true. We do ours in house.
Which dealership are you at?
Old 11-15-13, 01:52 AM
Revnitup
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well the Gx is holding up great. It has about 500 miles on it and the wife is more comfortable driving it. My only complaint and its totally my fault. I had no idea I had to buy a Premium model to get heated seats. I though buying premium model you were getting upgraded air and heat combo. I honestly can't believe I over looked that and still can't believe in a $50k plus truck does not have heated seats. Its a Lexus for crying out loud. Our base Honda Accord before this GX had heated seats. Well I have been quoted $600 to add them to the front seats back and lower through an upholestry shop that does the best work around but they will be aftermarket. So the switches will not be the same. I'm still deciding its only money right.

Last edited by Revnitup; 11-15-13 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-15-13, 12:07 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well the Gx is holding up great. It has about 500 miles on it and the wife is more comfortable driving it. My only complaint and its totally my fault. I had no idea I had to buy a Premium model to get heated seats. I though buying premium model you were getting upgraded air and heat combo. I honestly can't believe I over looked that and still can't believe in a $50k plus truck does not have heated seats. Its a Lexus for crying out loud. Our base Honda Accord before this GX had heated seats. Well I have been quoted $600 to add them to the front seats back and lower through an upholestry shop that does the best work around but they will be aftermarket. So the switches will not be the same. I'm still deciding its only money right.
Don't trash it up with aftermarket switches. Heated seats are pretty unnecessary. We all like them, but honestly its just not that big of a deal.
Old 11-15-13, 06:51 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolrax
Don't trash it up with aftermarket switches. Heated seats are pretty unnecessary. We all like them, but honestly its just not that big of a deal.
I beg to differ with you on that!! Anyplace that temp drops below 50 they are nice lol. I agree even base GX should have them. Get the aftermarket ones and place switches so they look factory
Old 11-15-13, 07:16 PM
Jafch1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
First thing I noticed is I guess they took the wood wheel out of the base?
If you dont get the "premium package" on the base GX (model number 9700)you do not get wood trim, fog lights, heated/cooled seats, genuine leather seating, or upgraded wheel design. Additionally the 3rd row is manual up and down.. no more automatic seats unless you get the GX460 PREMIUM (model number: 9710)
Old 11-15-13, 07:47 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Jafch1
If you dont get the "premium package" on the base GX (model number 9700)you do not get wood trim, fog lights, heated/cooled seats, genuine leather seating, or upgraded wheel design. Additionally the 3rd row is manual up and down.. no more automatic seats unless you get the GX460 PREMIUM (model number: 9710)
From my understanding you have to get the Luxury model to get the automatic third row seats which is why the new premium model is cheaper than last years base model.

As far as the heated seats, they should come on the base model, even my wife's old 1997 Jetta had heated seats. It's 2014, a $50k luxury SUV should come with heated seats.
Old 11-16-13, 04:50 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Jafch1
From what I have read so far on build sheets, the "9700" series is the Base model. Premium is a package, and no longer a series.

The "9710" is the Luxury series model number separate from the "9700" with options.

Randy B
Old 11-16-13, 04:53 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

The factory switches that will fit in the blanks on your model are not that expensive. While half the wheel will be non functional. I would check with your installer and see if the Heated side of the wheels will work with your aftermarket product. Might be better than first thought. Check with Sewell for the price and availability. The switches have been used in a few different models so far.

Randy B

Quick Reply: 2014 Gx460 Base with Nav. Purchased!