Search this Thread

Old 07-28-15, 05:44 AM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coupland
Hi guys,

I want to purchase a 2015 lexus GX 460.

I went to the dealership yesterday and they offered me a demo model with 380 miles driven on it.
They said that they will give me ~5000.00 off MSRP, and that it is a special discount.
Obviously the car is used as there are scuff marks on the inside, but they could probably be finished off and cleaned easily.

Based on all the other deals that most people have gotten here (roughly 5000.00 below MSRP), I don't really think that this is such a good deal.
Do you guys feel that I could negotiate better? than the ~5000.00 off MSRP?
They said that they would give the car to me for $52597.00. They also mentioned that I would be getting 1.99% financing.
I'm not the most experienced here (I'm just now shopping around to buy my first Lexus which will be the GX 460) but I can tell you in my case shopping around the southeast United States, $5,000 off MSRP is a good deal but it is also the same deal I've been quoted by about 3-4 different dealers.

With that car being a demo, you may be able to get a little more off. I have no idea how much they will budge on it but, if they refuse to go any lower, then I would just tell them you want one with 0 miles for that price or shop around and find a dealer who will give you one with zero miles for that price.

Also keep in mind that, at the moment, it is nearing month end and July is usually a big month for dealers so whether or not they have met their targets this month may help or hurt you depending on the circumstances of each dealer. Also keep in mind that the 2016 is not all that far off (my dealer quoted me around the early October frame for that release) so to the extent any dealers have a bunch of these in stock (which is rare), you may be able to get something a little better as we creep nearer to that time, especially on a demo model.

Good luck!!
Old 07-28-15, 06:45 AM
Bluto
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used True Car and got quotes around $5000-5500 off MSRP. GX 460 Premium; $51k and change depending on options. $300 processing, plus tax, title, tags.

The 2016s will MSRP less than the 2015s. So dealers have to move them now.

There are many 2014 GX 1-year lease returns sitting on dealer lots. I was shopping for one of them. using the quotes on a new GX.

I ended up getting a great deal on a 2015 Premium with 12k miles. Could not be happier.
Old 07-28-15, 10:58 AM
LuluB
Driver School Candidate

It sure sounds like there are more GX460 on the dealers lots. End of year coming, and they need to make room for the new RX and LX. Are we expected to see a new GX soon? Really digging the new leaked LX look and updated interior.
Old 08-05-15, 08:36 AM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bluto
I used True Car and got quotes around $5000-5500 off MSRP. GX 460 Premium; $51k and change depending on options. $300 processing, plus tax, title, tags.

The 2016s will MSRP less than the 2015s. So dealers have to move them now.

There are many 2014 GX 1-year lease returns sitting on dealer lots. I was shopping for one of them. using the quotes on a new GX.

I ended up getting a great deal on a 2015 Premium with 12k miles. Could not be happier.
Do you have any further information on the 2016 MSRP and/or release date? We're in the market for a new GX but this is the first I've heard of the 2016 coming in with a lower MSRP (though I know that happened a few years ago as well). If so, might be worth holding out a few months longer and either snagging one of those or trying to find a great deal on a 2015 at that time...
Old 08-05-15, 09:58 AM
Bluto
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bodagetta
Do you have any further information on the 2016 MSRP and/or release date? We're in the market for a new GX but this is the first I've heard of the 2016 coming in with a lower MSRP (though I know that happened a few years ago as well). If so, might be worth holding out a few months longer and either snagging one of those or trying to find a great deal on a 2015 at that time...
The sales director made the statement about the 2016 pricing after accepting my offer. But he did not provide any numbers.
Old 08-05-15, 10:45 AM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bluto
The sales director made the statement about the 2016 pricing after accepting my offer. But he did not provide any numbers.
Interesting, appreciate the tidbit at least. Will ask around the dealers I've been negotiating with and see if I can find out anything further.

One told me they were expecting the 2016 models to start rolling around late August or early September but he didn't really indicate if that was based on speculation or some more concrete info.
Old 08-18-15, 06:48 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Looking to get into a 2015 GX on a lease, and wanted to ask your opinions on whether or not asking for 5k off or 1k below invoice is something reasonable? If not how low can I go? I know they have their golden opportunity event until labor day weekend. Also on a sidenote, does the base GX come with a third row, or do you have to opt for the premium? Thanks again guys!
Old 08-20-15, 03:25 PM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nysupraman
Looking to get into a 2015 GX on a lease, and wanted to ask your opinions on whether or not asking for 5k off or 1k below invoice is something reasonable? If not how low can I go? I know they have their golden opportunity event until labor day weekend. Also on a sidenote, does the base GX come with a third row, or do you have to opt for the premium? Thanks again guys!
Third row is standard on all trims of the GX but if you go with the Luxury package you get power folding vs. manual.

Also, I could be wrong on this but I don't believe the GX is not included in the Golden Opportunity event. For whatever reason, the GX seems to be excluded from most if not all Lexus offers (special financing, lease discounts, etc.)
Old 07-25-16, 09:30 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Old thread but what can I expect to get as far as discounts in the Houston area on a new GX460 Luxury package?
Old 08-04-16, 07:47 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Anyone know what the inovice price for the premium model without any options? Also what should i be expecting to pay for this model?
Old 08-05-16, 11:00 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Anyone know what the inovice price for the premium model without any options? Also what should i be expecting to pay for this model?
Depends on what options, area of purchase, and how many are on the lot.

1) Invoice is available on all car buyin website. Build it your way, see the invoice. That is the highest you should be expected to pay.

2) Using those carbuying websites, narrow down your search area. Keep the dealers you want in a list. Begin the email list. Its also a nice time to go out to any dealership for only a testdrive. Ask for an extended drive not the ms daisy circuit. Good to figure out any nuances the GX has.

3) Invoice is ok every time of the year but now. Towards the end of the summer season, Lexus pushes hard to move units. So as a consumer you push harder. I`d say stick on 10% off sticker as my initial quote. From there see if you can gather 15%. As ref point, friend got into a fully load GX Premium pack for nearly 15% off sticker in the spring. So at least aim for that.

4) One thing that helps is build date and V Spec analysis. Simply look up the production date (door stamp), the older the better and compare with V spec. There was a price increase, and dealers with the older model were pushing hard to move those units. If you happen to find one, your chances of dealing on those units are better then newer units. However again YMMV.

5) Post your buying experience and good luck!
Old 08-05-16, 01:24 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Thanks for the reference point.

I was able to get great deal on my 14 IS350, over 6k off msrp. You figure, the more money the vehicle cost the more discount you could possibly get.

I'll aim for 15% or roughly 8k.
Old 08-05-16, 01:31 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Also do you know where your friend bought his vehicle ?

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Depends on what options, area of purchase, and how many are on the lot.

1) Invoice is available on all car buyin website. Build it your way, see the invoice. That is the highest you should be expected to pay.

2) Using those carbuying websites, narrow down your search area. Keep the dealers you want in a list. Begin the email list. Its also a nice time to go out to any dealership for only a testdrive. Ask for an extended drive not the ms daisy circuit. Good to figure out any nuances the GX has.

3) Invoice is ok every time of the year but now. Towards the end of the summer season, Lexus pushes hard to move units. So as a consumer you push harder. I`d say stick on 10% off sticker as my initial quote. From there see if you can gather 15%. As ref point, friend got into a fully load GX Premium pack for nearly 15% off sticker in the spring. So at least aim for that.

4) One thing that helps is build date and V Spec analysis. Simply look up the production date (door stamp), the older the better and compare with V spec. There was a price increase, and dealers with the older model were pushing hard to move those units. If you happen to find one, your chances of dealing on those units are better then newer units. However again YMMV.

5) Post your buying experience and good luck!
Old 08-05-16, 03:12 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Also do you know where your friend bought his vehicle ?
He bought it on the east coast. Unless you dont mind shipping it or even driving the cost savings is kinda ehh
Old 08-09-16, 01:32 PM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
He bought it on the east coast. Unless you dont mind shipping it or even driving the cost savings is kinda ehh
My wife and I flew to pick up our GX and then drove it back about 800 miles last year... but that was to save almost 20% off the sticker of a GX460 Luxury w/ the Driver Support Package (it was driven for a few months and had around 4k miles on it) and have so many airline miles we never pay for plane tickets, so it was worth it to us in that case.

Quick Reply: 2014 GX460 Price Paid