GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX460 Price Paid

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-14, 09:42 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mmtgjg
Got 2014 GX460 in Colorado $500.00 over invoice. Now a bit sad that I think I could have got a better deal. Previous 2007 the best deal I could get was 2000K over invoice in CO, but then got 200.00 over invoice in CA. I do know AZ and CA dealers have much better deals, and seems like TX as well. In CO - only 3 in Denver and limited inventory. I just didn't want to deal with shipping again, so figured it was OK (but not great). Was in for an oil change yesterday on my 2007 and popped into to chat with them again. They didn't have anything close to what I wanted for months, so figured I would check again, and it just so happened they pulled one around the corner with all the plastic on it fresh off the truck matching my wants. I guess it was meant to be.

Congratulations! What color combo?
Old 08-31-14, 07:09 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

doesnt really matter what anyone paid, 100- 500 over invoice, under invoice. As long as you are happy and know what you are buying is key
Old 08-31-14, 08:26 AM
Gxkenl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my brand new Gx base + navi, prefer accessory pack, exhaust tip,
all weather mats for 47000+TTL at sterling mccall. I was going to buy from westside Lexus, but sales manager was very rude.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 GX460 Price Paid-20140830_174458-1.jpg  
Old 08-31-14, 10:21 AM
Kitana
Driver

Originally Posted by T4Fun
doesnt really matter what anyone paid, 100- 500 over invoice, under invoice. As long as you are happy and know what you are buying is key
Exactly
A wise man told me, "Don't let $500 get in the way of a truck you want."
Old 08-31-14, 06:01 PM
Rockdagrou
Driver School Candidate

Same here the manager was rude and sales lady was nice. Manager kept saying they don't discount nomore then $1,500 off MSRP. Yea right.
Originally Posted by Gxkenl
Got my brand new Gx base + navi, prefer accessory pack, exhaust tip,
all weather mats for 47000+TTL at sterling mccall. I was going to buy from westside Lexus, but sales manager was very rude.
Old 08-31-14, 08:01 PM
Gxkenl
Driver School Candidate

I've purchase multiple new cars from Toyota to Mercedes, but never experience such rude, bad services from a sales manager at westside. The sales person was super helpful though.
I guess they are a family own business (that is what the sales manager told me). I wonder how they stay in business with that kind of customer service. Westside lexus has lost me and all the people that I know as a potential customer.
Old 09-01-14, 08:46 AM
redbrick
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess to each own... Send me $100, and I'll take your $100 if it means nothing to you folks. Does it mean something to you now?

That $100 is my two weeks grocery bill. That's my average one night dinner date bill with the wife... you get the point...

Just keepin' it real...
Old 09-01-14, 08:48 AM
redbrick
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rockdagrou
Same here the manager was rude and sales lady was nice. Manager kept saying they don't discount nomore then $1,500 off MSRP. Yea right.
That's right...Take no prisoners... or take your business elsewhere...
Old 09-02-14, 01:10 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mmtgjg
Got 2014 GX460 in Colorado $500.00 over invoice. Now a bit sad that I think I could have got a better deal. Previous 2007 the best deal I could get was 2000K over invoice in CO, but then got 200.00 over invoice in CA. I do know AZ and CA dealers have much better deals, and seems like TX as well. In CO - only 3 in Denver and limited inventory. I just didn't want to deal with shipping again, so figured it was OK (but not great). Was in for an oil change yesterday on my 2007 and popped into to chat with them again. They didn't have anything close to what I wanted for months, so figured I would check again, and it just so happened they pulled one around the corner with all the plastic on it fresh off the truck matching my wants. I guess it was meant to be.
I'm in the market for one and local dearler only discounts $1k from msrp. What dealer is that? Thanks.
Old 09-10-14, 12:27 PM
Swadehead
Driver School Candidate

Here is my deal (in Northern, NJ):

2014 GX 460 - Starfire Pearl with Black Interior

- Wood Steering Wheel and Shift **** ($310)
- Premium Package ($4710)
- Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross-Traffic Alert ($800)
- Headlamp Washers ($100)
- Preferred Accessory Package w/Cargo net, Cargo mat, Wheel locks and Key Gloves ($260)
- Door Edge Guards ($139)
- Remote Engine Starter ($499)
- Glass Breakage Sensor ($329)
- All-Weather Floor Mats w/Cargo Mat ($270)
- Destination Fee ($910)

Total MSRP: $57,412

My Price (before TTL): $53,329
Old 09-11-14, 10:02 AM
mmtgjg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Craig B
Congratulations! What color combo?
Starfire Pearl/Ecru

Would have probably got Mark Lev System vs the Blind Spot monitoring...hindsight 20/20. The Mark Lev has got to sound better then the base, but then I have little ones and I will never get to listen to my own music anyways. :-)
Old 09-11-14, 10:07 AM
mmtgjg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I'm in the market for one and local dearler only discounts $1k from msrp. What dealer is that? Thanks.
Stevinson (Fredrick) - I am pretty sure a bit more work and I would have got a better deal. It was their end of Lexus Opportunity Sale, end of August, with 2015's on the way. I believe they are now (not the case in 2007) ready to be competitive..so bring other dealer offers for sure. Also - didn't think I could do it, but I managed to get a few more things out of them after I drove away and signed the documents. They really are focused on 5 star reviews. Good guys, good intent, but do your homework before...I learned my lesson - but deal was still good.
Old 09-11-14, 10:14 AM
mmtgjg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kitana
Exactly
A wise man told me, "Don't let $500 get in the way of a truck you want."
Thanks T4fun and Kitana for making me feel better. I love the SUV!
Old 09-11-14, 06:46 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by redbrick
Guess to each own... Send me $100, and I'll take your $100 if it means nothing to you folks. Does it mean something to you now?

That $100 is my two weeks grocery bill. That's my average one night dinner date bill with the wife... you get the point...

Just keepin' it real...
In the grand scheme of things you are paying up to $60k for a truck. If a dealer has the exact truck you want and it is a few hundred more than say another dealers truck that has, say a different color exterior that isn't your first choice I would gladly pay a few hundred more to get the exact truck I want especially since that few hundred is so small over 5 years if you finance it. So in your example your $100 cost what $2 per month more over 5 years, so I guess you could get an extra yogurt at the grocery store each month. So to your point, no it doesnt mean anything to me now since I finance my cars and I am not going to notice that extra yogurt each month. Now if they are the exact same specs, sure get the cheaper one but doesn't that go without saying?
Old 09-11-14, 08:24 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
In the grand scheme of things you are paying up to $60k for a truck. If a dealer has the exact truck you want and it is a few hundred more than say another dealers truck that has, say a different color exterior that isn't your first choice I would gladly pay a few hundred more to get the exact truck I want especially since that few hundred is so small over 5 years if you finance it. So in your example your $100 cost what $2 per month more over 5 years, so I guess you could get an extra yogurt at the grocery store each month. So to your point, no it doesnt mean anything to me now since I finance my cars and I am not going to notice that extra yogurt each month. Now if they are the exact same specs, sure get the cheaper one but doesn't that go without saying?
Well said. That's how I see things as well. $500 in a $60k vehicle is a small part, it's even smaller when you are financing it for 5 years.

Quick Reply: 2014 GX460 Price Paid