GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

how to reset maintenance message in gx460

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-13, 05:57 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb how to reset maintenance message in gx460

Anyone knows exactly how to reset maintenance message in 2011 gx460?

Last edited by ELEX470; 09-19-13 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-19-13, 07:22 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The procedure is outlined in the owner's manual.

Koz
Old 09-19-13, 08:27 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Koz
The procedure is outlined in the owner's manual.

Koz
I do not have owner's manual
what is the procedure? exactly
Old 09-19-13, 11:34 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

You can do it on your navigation screen. I'm not sitting in my vehicle right now, go into one of the screens. I'm not sure what it's called, but you can do it through one of the screens. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Last edited by Craig B; 09-19-13 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-19-13, 11:41 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Page 396 explains the procedure.

Why do you not have an Owners Manual?
Regards,

SaniDel
Attached Thumbnails how to reset maintenance message in gx460-page-396.jpg  
Old 09-19-13, 11:56 AM
Koz

I don't think that is the oil change reset, I thought you need to press the trip reset and start button while the engine is off.

Koz
Old 09-19-13, 12:59 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Originally Posted by Koz
I don't think that is the oil change reset, I thought you need to press the trip reset and start button while the engine is off.

Koz
Koz ... you advised ELEX470 to 'RTFM' ... but nicely, then you didn't follow your own advice! What part of page 396 do you not understand ... or didn't read?

ELEX470 asked a simple question because he doesn't have the manual, which I find interesting, but let's move on. I provided the relevant page in the manual that ELEX470 doesn't have. It seems we are wasting our time arguing over facts here, but I would be happy to hear back from you.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 09-19-13, 01:04 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Koz

Koz
You told me that the other day, that's how I reset mine as well...
Old 09-19-13, 01:44 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Koz was correct "ou need to press the trip reset and start button while the engine is off"
Thank you
Old 09-19-13, 02:45 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Originally Posted by ELEX470
Koz was correct "ou need to press the trip reset and start button while the engine is off"
Thank you
Koz is always correct ... even when he is wrong ;-)

Apparently, there is an alternative way to reset the maintenance reminder. I guess I'll have to 'RTFM' to learn what Koz already knew ... it's obviously not on page 396!
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 09-19-13, 03:32 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by SaniDel
Koz is always correct ... even when he is wrong ;-)

Apparently, there is an alternative way to reset the maintenance reminder. I guess I'll have to 'RTFM' to learn what Koz already knew ... it's obviously not on page 396!
Regards,

SaniDel
My LS 460 works like what Koz was talking about, never reset my GX 460 like that...
Old 09-20-13, 04:11 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by SaniDel
Koz ... you advised ELEX470 to 'RTFM' ... but nicely, then you didn't follow your own advice! What part of page 396 do you not understand ... or didn't read?

ELEX470 asked a simple question because he doesn't have the manual, which I find interesting, but let's move on. I provided the relevant page in the manual that ELEX470 doesn't have. It seems we are wasting our time arguing over facts here, but I would be happy to hear back from you.
Regards,

SaniDel
You need to chill! There is no reason to get all defensive. From what I understood (and my sole purpose is to help) was that the nav maintenance feature is an owner's way to remind yourself of maintenance you have programed into this feature. The oil maintenance warning was a separate and built-in warning that comes up every 5 or 10K miles regardless of what is programed into the nav reminder. The only reason I referred him to the manual (which I did not know he did not have) was that I could not remember the actual procedure. I was certainly not trying to make anyone look like they were wrong. If you notice, I said "I think" and contrary to your opinion I have no problem admitting when I am wrong (which in this case, I may be). We are all here to share info about the common interest we have, the GX. Again, there is no need for sarcastic remarks that would cause a hostile environment! Please stop!.

Koz

Last edited by Koz; 09-20-13 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-20-13, 05:58 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
You need to chill! There is no reason to get all defensive. From what I understood (and my soul purpose is to help) was that the nav maintenance feature is an owner's way to remind yourself of maintenance you have programed into this feature. The oil maintenance warning was a separate and built-in warning that comes up every 5 or 10K miles regardless of what is programed into the nav reminder. The only reason I referred him to the manual (which I did not know he did not have) was that I could not remember the actual procedure. I was certainly not trying to make anyone look like they were wrong. If you notice, I said "I think" and contrary to your opinion I have no problem admitting when I am wrong (which in this case, I may be). We are all here to share info about the common interest we have, the GX. Again, there is no need for sarcastic remarks that would cause a hostile environment! Please stop!.Koz
I agree 100%, was very uncalled for.
Old 10-01-13, 02:16 PM
kroorda
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Guys, I tried resetting my oil change reminder ("Maintenance Needed") indicator by holding in the Trip/Odo button while starting the vehicle (as was done on previous Lexus &Toyota models) but that didn't work. Does anyone know how to reset the Oil Change reminder ("Maintenance Needed") display on the 460?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-19-13, 06:39 AM
rockydog
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got this from the Lexus SA yesterday:
1. Start car
2. Press the ODO/TRIP button to the left of the steering wheel.
3. Go to trip "1" (there are 3 meters), then turn off the ignition
4. While holding the ODO/TRIP button, and WITHOUT PRESSING THE BRAKE, push the ignition button twice, do not release the ODO/TRIP.
5. You'll see the Oil Maintenance dialogue in the center of the instrument cluster resetting. Release the ODO/TRIP when the dialogue is finished.
6. You're Done!
The following 2 users liked this post by rockydog:
Dazed (07-31-20), User21c (07-26-17)

Quick Reply: how to reset maintenance message in gx460