GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

'10 GX from hell...will not start and clicks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-13, 07:26 AM
pierpark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. Scheduled it for next week when I get back.
Old 04-03-14, 07:31 AM
texczech
Driver School Candidate

Default starting issue

Good morning from Texas! I have a repair shop, and I have a customer that seems to have a problem somewhat like yours. Twice it just "clicked" according to him, and a jump from another battery got him going. It is strange that the clock and radio kept it's proper settings(most lose them and have to be reset in the event of low battery voltage). Most likely it is a starter issue- the solenoid contacts do not let the voltage pass through and feed the actual starter motor. A noticeable click indicates that the solenoid got a signal to start but the internal contacts did not let the voltage pass. However I am trying to recreate the symptoms in the shop, and can't. Removing the starter is a 6 hour job, according to the time book. Ouch! for a wild guess. Please let me know what you are able to find out with your vehicle. Thank You!
Old 04-03-14, 03:03 PM
tslz71
Driver School Candidate

My '10 gx has horrible vibration issues. The passenger and mid row seats chatter going down the highway it's so bad and the steering wheel has a tight shake to it. What did they find with your vibration issues?
Old 04-07-14, 12:59 PM
pierpark
Driver School Candidate

They were never able to replicate the issue w the power nor solve the problem. Lexus ended up purchasing back my vehicle bc they were just not able to help solve the issue and my service file was over 2 inches thick. Sorry i am not much help here,

As for the vibration, mine would make your teeth hurt. I had bridgestone tires and they replaced the rims first and put on other bridgestones and it would keep happening after every 8K miles like clockwork. Finally they replaced them w/Michelins and I did not have any more "severe" vibration issues.
Old 04-07-14, 03:09 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pierpark
... Lexus ended up purchasing back my vehicle bc they were just not able to help solve the issue and my service file was over 2 inches thick. Sorry i am not much help here ...
On the contrary ... you've given us hope and inspiration for how any of us should deal with an intractable problem such as you had.

Lexus did the right thing by repurchasing your vehicle. It is a shame that it took so long, not to mention the 2" service file, but they eventually did. Lexus did the same for me ... twice ... and they were LX!

I wish you well with whatever vehicle you purchase and hope you remember how Lexus solved the problem with your GX more than the problem your GX caused.
Regards,

SaniDel