GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

philips xenon hid h11 6000k

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-12, 02:37 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default philips xenon hid h11 6000k

Rather than spending more money on halogen bulbs and LED lights, I have decided to purchase a Phillips HID conversion kit. Has anyone installed one of these conversion kits? What kind of precautions do you have to keep in mind, when installing these kits? it looks like a very straightforward installation, however, I don't know if I need any other cable or relay. The Philips kit goes for $269, but considering the fact that HID lights last longer, it's worth money.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 03-19-12, 03:08 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

6K will not match your OEM HID head lights. The OEM head lights are approx 4350K and 5K will be much closer in temp.

BTW - HIDs don't last as long as LEDs.

Attached is a pic of OEM head lights and 5K LED fogs.

Koz
Attached Thumbnails philips xenon hid h11 6000k-img_5652a.jpg  
Old 03-19-12, 04:07 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Your LED's match very well the OEM HID's. They look fantastic. What do you think is the life of a light bulb like that? The only thing I don't like about these bulbs, is that I don't believe they are bright enough to illuminate as fog lights. In terms of lumens, the output of these bulbs is much less than the output of HID bulbs. However, I don't think many people in this form, or in general, have installed HID conversion kits. Do you have any night pictures showing the lights from behind the steering wheel and from the front of the vehicle, so I can see if there's a difference between the halogen and the LED lights. I thank you again for your assistance and knowledge and your patience with me.
Old 03-19-12, 05:06 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

There is no way a quartz or LED bulb is going to produce the light output of HID but you are talking about $269 compared to $60 and the LEDs are a simple replacement. The LEDs put out about 800 lumen's. They produce approx the same light as the OEM quartz bulbs (which only make a little difference in bad weather). HID will make a noticeable difference. The LEDs are an almost perfect temp match to the OEM HIDs.

If you decide on the HIDs I would recommend getting a 5K temp kit other wise the head lights and fogs will not match. Also be careful where you mount the HID ballasts. On the Lexus IS someone mounted the ballasts too close to the computer that controls the electric steering and the steering wheel would rapidly reciprocate back and forth by itself.

Koz
Old 03-21-12, 02:52 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Careful with the supposed "philips hid kits" being sold in the market. There are many fakes being sold and even the genuine ones simply use Chinese made bulbs and ballasts. I'm not saying that the quality is bad. I'm just saying that they are not made in Germany as advertised.

Steve
Old 03-21-12, 05:50 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

You are right. I think Im going to order an Xtreme kit. I don't trust these websites. I just want to make sure that adding an extra set of HID lights will not cause any electrical issues with my truck.
Old 03-22-12, 08:10 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

XenonDepot HID kits are equipped with EMI filters that will ensure you do not get any interference with your vehicle's electrical system. If you do some searches on clublexus you will find that there have been members that experienced issues with their power steering and radio interference when going with inferior HID Kits.

The Xtreme HID Kit specifically also uses super low draw ballasts meaning that you can safely power the ballasts directly from your OEM wiring if you choose to.

Steve
Old 03-22-12, 08:14 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

I went ahead and placed the order tonight for the Xtreme H11 HID kit with the Philips bulbs. Can you suggest any tips or ideas to make the installation as painless and easy as possible? Do you have any diagrams or instructions manuals I can look at before I get the kit and install them? I would like to read them before I actually get the lights. Thanks again for your help and assistance, I am confident that I will have a great experience installing and enjoying this product. I hope to have a good tech support help as well as product.
Old 03-23-12, 06:20 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MickeyS
I went ahead and placed the order tonight for the Xtreme H11 HID kit with the Philips bulbs. Can you suggest any tips or ideas to make the installation as painless and easy as possible? Do you have any diagrams or instructions manuals I can look at before I get the kit and install them? I would like to read them before I actually get the lights. Thanks again for your help and assistance, I am confident that I will have a great experience installing and enjoying this product. I hope to have a good tech support help as well as product.
Keep one thing in mind, when light ballast is replaced there will be no factory warranty . Chach this with Lexus as you do not want the dealer to deline a warranty issue cause you changed the lights .
Old 03-23-12, 08:58 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

dinardalvi: You're not making sense. He is not replacing his factory ballasts. For the record, we work with some Lexus dealerships that install our products as aftermarket upgrades. MickeyS, the kit you ordered will not require you to modify your vehicle in any way. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an instruction guide in PDF format.

Steve
Old 03-26-12, 10:02 AM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Thanks for the instructions manual. I wanted to have a better idea where should I place the ballasts, relays and igniters. Any ideas on when will they ship?
Old 03-26-12, 01:47 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

My pleasure bud. Philips bulbs should be in tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest so as soon as they come in your order will ship out right away!! Thanks for your patience.

Steve
Old 03-26-12, 05:21 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

About the Philips HID Conversion Kit. I actually do have the H11 and it is the genuine article. If you are afraid of where to buy them from - CL forum vendor: Nigel-JDMParts carries them which is where I purchased mine from.

Here is my thread about it in the 2IS Forums
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rsion-kit.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...00k-combo.html

Last edited by Sango; 03-26-12 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-08-12, 07:17 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

I installed the HID kit before I went on vacation and it was very easy to install. like in other postings about installations, the issue I had was to find a good location to install the ballasts. The lights are amazingly bright, they match the OEM lights perfectly, and the harness was IMO of great quality. I'll take pictures of my installation and how the lights look when I come back from vacation. I want to thank Steve from Xenondepot.com and Koz for their assistance and advise.
Old 04-08-12, 07:28 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Gen One owner here wanted to chime in.

I've run my XD Xtreme kit for about 5K miles now with zero issues. i have my low beams on all the time when driving. The only swap I made was to go from their non-philips bulbs to genuine 4300K philips bulbs and found that the latter were a little bit brighter.

i find that the mod is very budget friendly for the big gains in light output with a completely factory look. more importantly, you've got a vigilant CL sponsor (steve) who has always been at the ready to lend advice.

not sure what more you could ask for other than Lexus offering a kit themselves backed by their warranty.

gl!

Quick Reply: philips xenon hid h11 6000k