GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Driver's Seat Comfort?

Old 02-27-12, 08:54 AM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Seat Comfort?

Loving almost everything about my new GX. Just an incredible SUV. Only challenge so far is that I'm having trouble feeling really comfortable in the driver's seat.

Two issues:

a) the lumbar support is worthless for me and feels like a cattle prod sticking in my back, as opposed to a supportive pillow like on other vehicles.

and

b) the shape of the seat's back rest seems to be almost concave instead of convex which would feel better to me. Oddly enough, the passenger seat seems comfortable to me. Could a seat in a brand new truck be defective?

I don't want to install the lumbar support pillow - not the look I was hoping for. Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-27-12, 10:24 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't like the lumbar support, but my seat is very comfortable. I never sit in my passenger seat...
Old 02-27-12, 05:04 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife and I switch every day at lunch so each of us has spent roughly half of the 20,000 miles we have accumulated on our early-production 2010 GX 460 in the driver's seat and the other half in the passenger seat. Other than the location of the seat controls, we are of the opinion that the seats are identical, not to mention extremely comfortable. So, if the passenger seat feels more comfortable than the driver's seat and you can not adjust them to feel the same, I would suspect a defect.
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. As a measure of the GX 460 seat comfort, we do not change the passenger seat as we are both comfortable leaving it in the same position. We do use the memory seat controls on the driver's seat to adjust for our preferred driving positions ... I'm taller, but prefer to sit closer to the wheel with more recline.
Old 02-15-15, 05:05 PM
texas008
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMODS
Loving almost everything about my new GX. Just an incredible SUV. Only challenge so far is that I'm having trouble feeling really comfortable in the driver's seat.

Two issues:

a) the lumbar support is worthless for me and feels like a cattle prod sticking in my back, as opposed to a supportive pillow like on other vehicles.

and

b) the shape of the seat's back rest seems to be almost concave instead of convex which would feel better to me. Oddly enough, the passenger seat seems comfortable to me. Could a seat in a brand new truck be defective?

I don't want to install the lumbar support pillow - not the look I was hoping for. Anyone else experience this?

I feel exactly the same, 3 years after your original post.
any update, wonder if you are used to the seat now, or if you somehow fixed the seat?
Thanks,