GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 11:21 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Gennady7
Does anyone know what part number the tuner **** is? It broke off and I'm looking for a replacement.

Another question, what website is the best for finding part numbers for the GX?

Thanks!
Use this place https://secure.sewellparts.com/account/index.html

Also use your ClubLexus UserID to get good discounts. You can use the points from your Lexus Credit card to pay for parts order here as well.

Good luck.
Old 02-20-12, 07:33 AM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Audio Questions

Hello Club. I'm a new GX 460 owner, coming out of an 08 Chevy Tahoe. So far I'm amazed at how quiet, elegant and smooth this SUV is. My Tahoe was a great truck but sounded like an old Northwest DC-9 on touchdown with all the noises & rattles.

One of the coolest features on the GX is the bluetooth audio. I have two questions for you all:

1. Some of the albums on my iPhone were encoded in Apple Lossless MP4 as opposed to the more compressed MP3s most everyone uses. Does anyone know the bit rate that a 2012 Lexus bluetooth system streams at? The MP4s seem to sound a whole lot better but is it worth the extra storage it uses on my iPhone?

2. When I first hooked my bluethooth audio up, the system always recognized my phone no matter where it was in the car, and after stoppages. On the way to the office this morning, when I switched from AM or CD, then back to BT, the system didn't recognize my phone and I needed to hit the screen to re-register it. Any clue what might be causing that?

Thanks,
David
Chesterfield MO

2012 GX 460 Starfire Pearl w/ ecru
2010 LR4 Alaska White w/ ebony

Last edited by SCMODS; 02-20-12 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-20-12, 11:03 AM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Doing some research, I think I've just answered my 2nd question above. Yesterday I upgraded my Apple 3GS from ios4 to ios5 because it was sluggish. In doing so apparently the automatic bluetooth hook up feature was lost...something with ios5. Frustrating because it's a pain to need to hit a button every time you get in the car whereas it was fully automatic before hand.

Last edited by SCMODS; 02-20-12 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-20-12, 01:01 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Through the years I've come to avoid Apple products because they insist on designing their products to be proprietary and if anyone wants to make a device/software (even a stinking ring tone) that supports audio/video they have to pay dearly to be compatible with Apple products. If they do not pay, the device will not work unless you buy an additional expensive apple cable. I refuse to buy another Apple product!

Koz
Old 02-20-12, 03:26 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a GX 2012 Premium as well. My wife and I both use iPhones 4s with ios 5. The car will pair with the last phone that it paired with, automatically.

I also use Apple lossless encoding for most of my music. The car unit handles it without a problem. I believe that (depending on what version of bluetooth your phone and car unit support) you can stream between 1 Mbit and 3 Mbit per sec. Apple lossless is about 420 Mbit/sec. As such you can stream apple lossless music without any problem.
Old 02-20-12, 03:57 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I also have the I Phone 4S and running 5.0.1 and don't have any pairing problems.
Old 02-20-12, 05:18 PM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Okay, good to know about the Apple Lossless capability - I think the base sound system is awesome but probably only because I didn't hear the ML system in the Premium.

For some reason when I switch to FM or a CD and then return to BT, it's making me press a button to re-register my phone. Unsure why that would be.
Old 02-21-12, 05:37 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

ML is optional on both GX models.

Koz
Old 02-21-12, 10:27 AM
Khandfw
Driver

I have the I Phone 4 and running 5.0.1 and each time I got out and back in it didn't connect (happened twice till I swtiched BT off) I don't remember having any issue w/ my 2006 GS430
Old 02-21-12, 11:52 PM
skillsword
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question How

I did not know that you can listen to your iPhone MP3 through BT.
I usually use the cable.

How can I stream to BT?
Old 02-22-12, 09:27 AM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Cable? What is this 2009?

This is my first car with BT audio and it's way more valuable to me than the BT phone ever could be. It's part of the audio settings, similar to how pairing works for BT phone. You can stream Pandora or any audio over your phone.

Also, my automatic recognition has begun working again (no clue why) and I love this system. With Apple Lossless recordings CDs are a thing of the past.
Old 02-22-12, 11:35 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 232 Likes on 163 Posts

^^^ Agreed. This was my first car with it as well and it is probably the best feature I can think of.
Old 03-02-12, 08:00 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can someone explain to the technologically challenged how to use bluetooth to listen to music from my iphone without a wire? I have an iphone 4s, the bluetooth is set up and working so that whenever I'm in my car and the phone rings it goes over bluetooth so that works. I have intunes and can listen to my itunes in my car when plugged to the usb, so that works, but even when the the bluetooth is working for the phone, on the audio, the BT option is grayed out. Can I not listen to itunes wirelessly? surely you should be able to right??

Thanks!
Old 03-02-12, 08:36 AM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Cables are so last decade! This works like magic. You need to pair the BT phone and BT audio separately but both will work from the same phone. Also, once BT audio is working you can stream the audio from movies, youtube, Pandora, your iPod, podcasts...any audio from your phone now sounds awesome through the GX sound system. Aren't we lucky to be alive now? People lived and died for thousands of years with no advances in technology.

Look on youtube, there are tons of demos. Here is a demo from an RX350 but it's similar.

Last edited by SCMODS; 03-02-12 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-02-12, 08:46 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ah, thanks!!! didn't realize you had to set it up separately. Bet it's self explanatory like with the phone. going to try it out later! Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates