GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 09:14 PM
Max236
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner

I've been reading the forum for about 2 months and decided a few weeks ago to purchase a GX460. I'd like to thank all of you out there that have contributed to this forum. I've gained a lot of useful info and feel I've made an informed decision.

I spoke to my dealer's sales manager a few weeks ago about purchasing a 2011 GX, but found that they are sparse. He suggested I wait and promised a good deal on an incoming 2012. He called a few days later and told me he was allocated the car I was looking for. Starfire Base with Nav. This one also has 3 zone Climate control and was slated to get accessory pack and exhaust tip at the port. I chose to add remote start and tow hitch at the port also. Still not knowing the price (pricing not released by Lexus yet) or exact deal I would get, I was not sure I would ultimately buy the car.

About a week after adding the port options the sales manager called with pricing. Increase of $200 on the GX and the remote start increased to $259.00/$429.00 (invoice/MSRP) that puts the sticker at $58053.00 and invoice at $52259.00 He offered the car for $2000 over invoice and I gladly accepted. I felt it was a great deal. My trade was a 2010 Prius, but was not able to get a good value so I sold it privately. The sales manager put me in a IS250 sales demo when it sold so I would have a car until the GX came in. I still have not signed any documents. This is my first Lexus and the level of service is great and hope it continues

The sales manager called today at lunch time and said the truck just pulled up with my GX and the PDI would be done today and car could be picked up in the morning. I was having lunch near the dealer so I decided to drive by and take a look. It was in the back and in line to get its first tank of gas. I snapped a few photos of it and walked around for a few minutes. This dealer has their own gas pump (only 1) and its labeled 87 octane.... so I guess that's what they use.

here are the details:
2012 GX460 BASE
Starfire Pearl and Sepia interior
Navigation
3 zone Climate control
Remote start
Tow hitch with ball mount
exhaust tip
Preferred accessory pack

I'm really excited to go back in the morning and pick it up.
Thanks everyone!

Max
Attached Thumbnails New owner-front.jpg   New owner-rear.jpg   New owner-side.jpg   New owner-dash.jpg  
Old 09-09-11, 10:39 PM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome. Now that the base have the side moldings in the 2012, it's hard to tell the difference between the base and the premium. Do you have pics of the interior?. What you got was exactly what I was looking for except I wanted to premium because I want to lower the rear (too jacked up) and I wanted the HID lights. What part of the country do you live in?
Old 09-10-11, 10:42 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Congratulations, use premium fuel, they should have filled it with premium. I made that part of my deal when I purchased mine. I hope you have Michelin tires, the Bridgestone tires are terrible.
Old 09-10-11, 11:15 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks nice! Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 09-10-11, 01:00 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We hope you love your truck as much as we love ours. For all intents and purposes, our trucks are identical although yours has the remote start and the hitch. The body side moulding looks sharp. Let us know how the remote start is used as there has been some discussion.

May we assume that your truck was configured by the dealer? What you describe seems to be popular ... rear air conditioning, navigation, but no rear seat entertainment. It was the same configuration that arrived at our dealership in December 2009 and which we purchased in February 2010.

You will love the sepia interior! Dark enough to hide any color transfer from blue jeans, light enough so that the interior is obviously 'un-black' and the color is a rich, milk chocolate color. There is some color mismatch between the seats, the panels and the mats in ours ... hope they have fixed that in yours.
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. Keep that picture showing 2 miles on the odometer!

P.P.S. We unloaded a Lexus RX 400h when we bought our GX ... looks like the market for used hybrids is no better.
Old 09-12-11, 05:39 AM
Tnorling
Rookie

Smile Congratulations!

I have the same vehicle except mine is a 2011. You will find out that the remote start is a joke. I have 900 miles on my Lexus and absolutely love it.
Old 09-12-11, 06:37 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to Club Lexus

Great color combo as white is one of my top choices for the GX. Enjoy it.
Old 09-12-11, 11:01 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Congrats! My dealer ordered the exact color combo for me except mine is going to be a premium with the rear entertainment package. They ordered it the first day Lexus was accepting orders so hopefully mine shows up soon. I am going to call today to find out if they have heard anything.
Old 09-12-11, 11:11 AM
Max236
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone. I have the Michelin tires and the ride is great. I guess I lucked out on that. I've read they are better and some have replaced the Dunlaps early.
I have some experience with the Toyota remote start and it works the same as this one. As expected it only runs 10 minutes and turns off when the door is opened. Thanks OK with me, I'm in Real Estate in the Phoenix area. Its nice to leave it run in the 115 deg. summer months while showing clients houses to come back to a cool car. I wasn't interested in an aftermarket remote start and did not want to have an extra remote/FOB.
Old 09-12-11, 11:54 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats and welcome!

Koz
Old 09-12-11, 03:17 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Max236
I have some experience with the Toyota remote start and it works the same as this one. As expected it only runs 10 minutes and turns off when the door is opened. Thanks OK with me, I'm in Real Estate in the Phoenix area. Its nice to leave it run in the 115 deg. summer months while showing clients houses to come back to a cool car. I wasn't interested in an aftermarket remote start and did not want to have an extra remote/FOB.
Can you describe for us how remote start works? What you described sounds like "leaving the car running" while showing client's houses. What part of that is 'remote' ... or for that matter 'start'?

Never owning a car with remote start means I have a hard time understanding the value proposition, i.e., what good is it? It would be useful to hear from someone who has it and appreciates it.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 09-12-11, 05:54 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats,
It seems that you are missing Center cap on your wheels?
Old 09-12-11, 06:13 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

congrats on the new car and welcome to the club
Old 09-12-11, 06:36 PM
rxgxmdx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deusex
It seems that you are missing Center cap on your wheels?
I was wondering that too . Maybe the caps look different on the 2012 model?
Old 09-12-11, 07:49 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

wow, 1st look at 2012. stellar response here for sure...

not any change on exterior except for side moldings

premium still may have chrome accents going up the rear side window and headlight washers to tell its a premium, plus the wheels are different.

i have same color combo, best and hard to find a white premy with sepia.

Quick Reply: New owner