GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Bumper dent on new car!! :mad:

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-11, 03:01 PM
rxgxmdx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bumper dent on new car!! :mad:

I was wiping off the dirt on my 460 yesterday, and to my horror, I found a dent on the rear bumper. It is not a big one, kind of shallow and hard to see because of the black color and reflection. But there it is!!

This is a brand new car, barely a month old, with a few hundred miles. I was away half of the month and took maybe a dozen rides at most. I don't even know when or where that happened.

Mad!
Attached Thumbnails Bumper dent on new car!! :mad:-gx.jpg  
Old 08-30-11, 05:38 PM
gsobol
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are joking, right? Try living in NYC :-)
Old 08-30-11, 07:12 PM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you can call the ding-king and he can knock it back out for around 200-300 bucks
Old 08-31-11, 06:12 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
You are joking, right? Try living in NYC :-)
Sorry, if that were my month old truck I would be mad as well. Someone bumped into the back bumper of my month old LS460 and put a nice two foot crease in the bumper and I felt the same way. When you spend your hard earned money on these luxury vehicles most people would feel the same way. I do understand your point of view living in NYC as this is probably expected from day one but for most it is not. Now if this was a lease, I wouldn't care as well as most people judging by the condition of the cars at Manheim.
Old 08-31-11, 06:19 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks, how flexible is the body panel, try duct tape, create a loop, stick it on and just yank it off, might have to try several times, may or may not work, can you climb under, push it out.
Old 08-31-11, 07:49 AM
rxgxmdx
Driver

Originally Posted by frank69m
I think you can call the ding-king and he can knock it back out for around 200-300 bucks
Thanks, I will check it out. I thought about calling in the insurance but it doesn't seem to be worth it because of the deductible.
Old 08-31-11, 07:51 AM
rxgxmdx
Driver

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
That sucks, how flexible is the body panel, try duct tape, create a loop, stick it on and just yank it off, might have to try several times, may or may not work, can you climb under, push it out.
I think the panel is stronger than what the duck tape can do. Besides that area is little curvy not flat. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-31-11, 03:24 PM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on my old accord, there is a crease and i had a dent on that..the ding king guys fixed it perfectly. hope there is no paint damage for you.
Old 08-31-11, 07:54 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

take a heat gun and heat the backside and then push it back out. it will work if you can get to the backside of it
Old 09-02-11, 11:00 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Dent Wizard, there should be a dealer near you. they are not expensive at all and they might be able to help you!
Old 09-09-11, 06:43 AM
russcarver
Driver School Candidate

That's nothing. My 3 month old was in the body shop getting $200-$300 of fire damage repaired (ashes from garage fire). Just as the finished car (buffing only) was being taken to Lexus to get the exterior protectant reapplied, they wrecked it into a concrete pole in the Lexus parking lot doing $8000 of damage (at 5mph) including damage to frame supports and breaking a wheel. Aaaaahhh!

--Russ
Old 09-09-11, 07:43 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by russcarver
That's nothing. My 3 month old was in the body shop getting $200-$300 of fire damage repaired (ashes from garage fire). Just as the finished car (buffing only) was being taken to Lexus to get the exterior protectant reapplied, they wrecked it into a concrete pole in the Lexus parking lot doing $8000 of damage (at 5mph) including damage to frame supports and breaking a wheel. Aaaaahhh!

--Russ
If that happened to me I would have traded it in for a new car and let them deal with the depreciation caused from the accident with no out of pocket costs or I would at least try. Did you keep the car?
Old 09-09-11, 07:49 AM
rxgxmdx
Driver

That really sucks! Can you get more remedy than just a repair? It is going to show up in the Car Fax history. When you try to trade in the car later, the dealer may fuss it over in order to give you a lower price. Probably the same Lexus dealer.
Old 09-09-11, 11:44 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by russcarver

--Russ
how do you wreck a gx going 5 mph? or was it a gx to begin with?
Old 09-12-11, 08:17 AM
russcarver
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, we're looking at getting a new GX. I'm not sure how they wrecked it - a concrete post I believe. We're also looking at getting their insurance to give us money for the diminished value (even after it is fixed).

--Russ

Quick Reply: Bumper dent on new car!! :mad: