GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Finally Ordering a 2012 GX460

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-11, 06:43 PM
TQTran
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat, just out of curiosity I browsed over to the GX section and sure enough there you are! I'm usually in the 2nd gen IS section but congratulations on your new GX and thanks for being patient with us during the whole process and if you have any questions you know where to find me.

Again congrats and I'll see you again in 3 years!
Old 11-01-11, 08:20 PM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

patgilm, so you didn't have any vibrations at 60mph? :-)
Old 11-02-11, 06:35 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by TQTran
Pat, just out of curiosity I browsed over to the GX section and sure enough there you are! I'm usually in the 2nd gen IS section but congratulations on your new GX and thanks for being patient with us during the whole process and if you have any questions you know where to find me.

Again congrats and I'll see you again in 3 years!
Hey Thai, I didn't know you were on this forum. Thanks for getting me the exact truck I wanted and staying with us late until we left. You were very patient with me which usually isn't very easy. If we had more time I would've liked to check out your sick IS350.

Originally Posted by frank69m
patgilm, so you didn't have any vibrations at 60mph? :-)
Frank, I was looking out for any vibrations as many here have complained about and didn't notice any at any speeds between 55 and 80 mph. Hopefully I won't have that issue.
Old 11-02-11, 04:54 PM
TQTran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by patgilm
Hey Thai, I didn't know you were on this forum. Thanks for getting me the exact truck I wanted and staying with us late until we left. You were very patient with me which usually isn't very easy. If we had more time I would've liked to check out your sick IS350.
Not a problem Pat I don't have the most reviews online because I don't take care of my clients, and thanks on the IS350C, it's an Fsport with a few mods so far, I'm torn between modding it all up or just getting the IS-F or something else completely.....A GTR may be next on the list
Old 11-06-11, 01:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Not sure if pre-collision is worth it. Better just hope you don't get into an accident. As for radar cruise, I like it and think it is a good feature. But I can live without it if needed.
Old 11-06-11, 02:06 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The ONLY way to get pre-collision and/or radar cruise is to special order, big bucks and a 4 month wait!

Koz
Old 11-06-11, 08:03 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koz
The ONLY way to get pre-collision and/or radar cruise is to special order, big bucks and a 4 month wait!

Koz
Not always the case. Two dealers in my area each ordered one when they first started accepting 2012 orders with the PCS/Radar cruise but both were ordered without the rear entertainment.
Old 11-07-11, 08:07 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by patgilm
Not always the case. Two dealers in my area each ordered one when they first started accepting 2012 orders with the PCS/Radar cruise but both were ordered without the rear entertainment.
Wow, never seen one on a lot and my Stealer is supposed to be the largest selling Lexus in the country. How much was the retail price? Had to be in the $70K!

Koz
Old 11-07-11, 08:48 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koz
Wow, never seen one on a lot and my Stealer is supposed to be the largest selling Lexus in the country. How much was the retail price? Had to be in the $70K!

Koz
I didn't ask the price. I called all of the dealers in my area at the end of September when they started getting the 2012's in to see if they had the exact truck I wanted but none did. One dealer was a top 5 dealer and the other wasn't. Both were premium models and when I asked the smaller dealer why they ordered it that way he said sometimes it is something buyers want which was strange because they were not allocated many GX's when they became available. The bigger dealer was pulling up all of the GX's on the lot and was going through their computer system showing me the ones they had with the options and we came across one with the PCS/radar cruise. I don't think the MSRP was that much different than the one I have which had a MSRP of $66,509 because both of these didn't have the rear entertainment system which I was looking for and the cost of the two options aren't that different.
Old 11-07-11, 09:47 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I had my dealer do a nationwide search for my vehicle. They did a port trade with another dealer. You might want to check into having your dealer do a search for what you're looking for.
Old 11-07-11, 10:18 AM
Koz

I visited the Lexus site and they now have very different option packages. You get more options for the money now. I wish it was like that last year, Last year the big package with the radar/pre-collision (etc) was over $6K more and my MSRP was approx $65.

Koz
Old 11-14-11, 12:59 PM
rdr7600
Driver School Candidate

My GX460 Premium is on order, too, and expected to be in the first part of December! Starfire Pearl with Sepia interior! Can hardly wait. I now own a 2003 GX470, it's been a great vehicle for 9 years, kind of hate parting with it, but...as the saying goes... out with the old and in with the new )
Old 11-14-11, 01:36 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

My GX460 premium is also Starfire/Sepia. I think you are going to like the dark brown leather, it will be way less maintenance. I had a hard time parting with my GX470 when I traded it in and initially didn't like the looks of the GX460 compared to the 470 even though the 470 was looking a little dated. I think you are going to like the interior and the way the 460 drives compared to the 470. I also like that the fenderwells are black and not color coded like the 470 so there is less maintenance there as well. The one negative is the cargo area seems much smaller since you lose 4 inches of height compared to the 470.

Just curious, since these trucks are starting to come in more was your dealer not able to find one for you at another dealer or are you ordering something so special that it would be hard finding? Let us know what you think when you get it.
Old 11-14-11, 02:26 PM
rdr7600
Driver School Candidate

Hi, Patgilm! I actually started looking when the 2011's came out, but could only find interiors in black or Ecru (which to me is pretty much white not ecru). I didn't care for either interior and had not been able to find one with a Sepia interior. I was told they don't make as many with the Sephia color and I believe it, I thought I'd never get to see one! So the interior was my biggest hang up on the whole deal. I'm also looking forward to the Starfire Pearl exterior color, too. Our dealer seems to have the 2012's sold before they arrive to the dealership!

We also did not really care to have the DVD players, since my present GX470 has it and we've only used it maybe 2 or 3 times (no little ones at home). It's really hard to find a premium model with no DVD, but my dealer found out she had one coming in exactly like I wanted, minus the DVD player so we jumped on it.

It also had several other packages that we wanted, remote start, Intuitive park assist, exhaust tip, tow hitch with ball mount and the preferred accessory package. Also has the Mark Levinson Premium Audio Pkg and Nav system (which I have now and love)! We are having the dealer put on chrome wheels when it arrives also.

You don't see a lot of the 460 models around, but it is sure growing on me! I hope I like it as much as you do! I know I have just loved my 2003 GX470...I've never in my life driven a vehicle for nine years! lol

I'll let you know what I think, as soon as it arrives!

Last edited by rdr7600; 11-14-11 at 02:49 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-13-11, 08:20 AM
rdr7600
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my new 2012 GX460 yesterday! It is awesome!!! Drives like a dream even at 80 mph! My last GX lasted me nine years and was still running great, I was just ready for newer technology! The chrome wheels really set it off...Lexus should start putting these on all of their vehicles, they add so much! I'm a happy camper )

Quick Reply: Finally Ordering a 2012 GX460