Need some infor Please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 10:48 AM
JASP615
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some infor Please.

Hi Guys,

I have a 2006 GX 470 that I have purchased new. My truck is in perfect condition and only has about 36,000 miles on it but I'm starting to want something new. I'm starting to think about buying another Lexus and was interested in the GX 460. My truck was loaded with everything that I could get at the time so I would like to get the same with the new truck except I will not need the rear seat entertainment package. I'm also confused with the Base model that you can add on or the Premium pkg. Can you tell me the difference and what is the most common pkg that everyone is getting? If I purchase the Premium package do I need anything else? Thanks for the info.

Sami
Old 02-17-11, 11:11 AM
gxgonz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things you can not get with the base model: AVS Rear suspension with ride height control, heated steering wheel, headlamp washer, lane departure control, crawl control, dynamic radar cruise control, front and side monitor control, pre-collision system w/driver attention monitor, and the trim piece on the doors but it can be added by aftermarket. I think these are only available on the premium but there may be exceptions.
Old 02-17-11, 02:12 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi Sami, I would go with the premium package. That's what I have and mine came with everything I wanted. I have the park distance control as well. I have the Mark Levinson stereo and Nav, but don't have rear entertainment. The Premium had everything I wanted and for me, that was the way to go. I also have the paint protection film and exhaust tip. Both of those were added at the port.
Old 02-17-11, 04:50 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Premium

auto leveling rear air susp
adaptive variable susp - AVS
chrome trim on rear quarter glass
chrome accented bodyside molding
retractable electrochomic side mirrors
heated steering wheel (love it)
semi-aniline w/diamond-cut perforated leather
wood-trimmed steering wheel & shift ****
heated second row seats
HID headlamps w/adaptive front lighting sys
illuminated front scuff plates
headlight washers
tonneau cover
rear A/C

Koz
Old 02-18-11, 06:37 PM
JASP615
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Guys, So to understand the Premium is the way to go and it will allow me to add in the additional options (they don't come standard) correct? I may wait for the 2012 since I have a truck in mint condition just want something new. Craig B thanks for the advice. I got the paint protection and the chrome tip on this one as well. Out of all the trucks that I have owned I do like the Lexus the best.
Old 02-19-11, 02:20 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JASP615
Thanks Guys, So to understand the Premium is the way to go and it will allow me to add in the additional options (they don't come standard) correct? I may wait for the 2012 since I have a truck in mint condition just want something new. Craig B thanks for the advice. I got the paint protection and the chrome tip on this one as well. Out of all the trucks that I have owned I do like the Lexus the best.
Sami, you're welcome! Good luck with your decision... I also had my wheels chromed from US Wheel Exchange. The GX 460 was great in the snow. We had some terrible weather here this winter and the GX had no problems with snow and ice with the stock Michelin tires. Before you take delivery, make sure it has the Michelin's instead of the crappy Bridgestone's. I made that part of my deal, but mine came with Michelin's from the factory. Some do, some don't. I had those Bridgestone tires on my X5 and they were junk.

Regards,

Craig
Old 02-19-11, 06:11 PM
jughead
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headphone covers

Can anyone help me? I recently purchased a used 2007 GX 470. The car came with two headphones, the ear covers for both set of headphones were missing. I spoke with a lexus dealership and they said they do not have those available to purchase. They said I could buy a new pair of headphones for 137.00 dollars per headset. I can't be the only one looking to get these replaced. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Jughead
Old 02-20-11, 11:15 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jughead
Can anyone help me? I recently purchased a used 2007 GX 470. The car came with two headphones, the ear covers for both set of headphones were missing. I spoke with a lexus dealership and they said they do not have those available to purchase. They said I could buy a new pair of headphones for 137.00 dollars per headset. I can't be the only one looking to get these replaced. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Jughead
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...vers&x=22&y=20

Koz