GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Finally Found One Negative

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-10, 09:20 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Finally Found One Negative

There is no display for outside temp unless you set the nav to climate. No display in the dash or center console. Talk about nit picking!

Koz
Old 12-06-10, 11:55 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

that's weird. On all new lexus vehicles I have driven, a small outside temp is displayed on the center multi-information screen between the gauges.

This is how it looks on the RX

Old 12-06-10, 12:07 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Koz is correct, the GX 460 doesn't display outside temp unless you push the climate button. That was one of my first calls back to the dealer to ask where the outside temp is displayed...

The other thing that bothers me, the mirrors don't have the auto fold feature like my LS 460.

One more thing, I haven't been able to order all weather factory mats or cargo liner and I've had my vehicle over 8 months.
Old 12-06-10, 01:26 PM
SharpSpurs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig,
I have the WeatherTech in mine. No they are not the factory mats, but the DigitalFits look good. Ecru interior, and the mats are a dark tan color.

Mike
Old 12-06-10, 03:05 PM
Koz

Originally Posted by Craig B
Koz is correct, the GX 460 doesn't display outside temp unless you push the climate button. That was one of my first calls back to the dealer to ask where the outside temp is displayed...

The other thing that bothers me, the mirrors don't have the auto fold feature like my LS 460.

One more thing, I haven't been able to order all weather factory mats or cargo liner and I've had my vehicle over 8 months.
The auto LS mirrors fold every time you leave the vehicle, I would not want that. I like being able to fold them when I want. The auto feature is for Europe.

The Lexus all weather mats are not worth the money. The Weathertech's or the Husky's are better mats that will last way longer, covers more of the floor, handle way more bad weather or mud and are more reasonable.

Koz
Old 12-06-10, 04:30 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Koz
The Lexus all weather mats are not worth the money. The Weathertech's or the Husky's are better mats that will last way longer, covers more of the floor, handle way more bad weather or mud and are more reasonable.

Koz
That's good to hear, I'll order a set of Weathertech floor liners online later in the week!
Old 12-06-10, 07:22 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The Lexus All Weathers are in their second GX so the cost is very reasonable. I don't think there's any way they will wear out.
Old 12-06-10, 10:48 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gs400jon
The Lexus All Weathers are in their second GX so the cost is very reasonable. I don't think there's any way they will wear out.
Are the Lexus all-weather mats available for purchase online now? It looks like Sewell Lexus don't have them yet.
Old 12-06-10, 11:07 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by akfd
Are the Lexus all-weather mats available for purchase online now? It looks like Sewell Lexus don't have them yet.
I don't think so. I bought the Lexus All Weather mats back in 2004 when purchasing a GX470. They fit pretty well in front and back on the GX460.
Old 12-07-10, 05:10 AM
Koz

I got the Lexus all weather mats for my IS and they wore a hole in the driver's side heel area in one year. If you look at the ribs in the mats, they are hollow and thin. Also they will not hold anywhere near the liquid the Husky or Weathertech liners can. I have the Husky's and I'm very happy with them. They are a little more rubbery compared to the Weathertech and they are way less money. I got the front and back liners for $104 to my door. I have the Weathertech in my IS and they are great but they are harder plastic and get a little slippery when wet. I prefer the Husky.

Koz
Old 12-07-10, 07:00 AM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Correct me if there already exists one but one of the most basic feature that I find missing is that there's no direct button on the front control panel to change the speed of the blower fan. There's one to turn the blower fan off but nothing to change the speed of the fan. Once has to go to the Climate menu of the ML/NV system and then adjust the speed even though it is one of the most basic functions. Instead of the FAN OFF, they could've made it a left press decrease and right press increase kinda button.
Old 12-07-10, 07:49 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Default It's got to be around here somewhere.

I looked all over for the "Dual" button for heating temperature control. Finally had to resort to looking in the manual to find there isn't one for rear air conditioning equipped trucks. A little weird to me.
Old 12-07-10, 11:18 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Koz
The auto LS mirrors fold every time you leave the vehicle, I would not want that. I like being able to fold them when I want. The auto feature is for Europe.

Koz
Koz, you can turn the auto feature off on the LS 460. I like having them fold all the time...
Old 12-07-10, 11:21 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Koz
I got the Lexus all weather mats for my IS and they wore a hole in the driver's side heel area in one year. If you look at the ribs in the mats, they are hollow and thin. Also they will not hold anywhere near the liquid the Husky or Weathertech liners can. I have the Husky's and I'm very happy with them. They are a little more rubbery compared to the Weathertech and they are way less money. I got the front and back liners for $104 to my door. I have the Weathertech in my IS and they are great but they are harder plastic and get a little slippery when wet. I prefer the Husky.

Koz
Lexus has changed the design of the all weather mats on the IS. I tried the weather tech mats in my LS and they didn't fit well. The dealer is going to help me out with the factory mats when they're available. I've heard around Christmas time. I have a cheap set from Sam's Club for now...
Old 12-07-10, 11:25 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by SharpSpurs
Craig,
I have the WeatherTech in mine. No they are not the factory mats, but the DigitalFits look good. Ecru interior, and the mats are a dark tan color.

Mike
Thanks Mike, the dealer is going to help me out with the factory mats when they're available. I tried the Weather Tech mats in my LS 460 and they didn't fit well. I have a cheap set from Sam's Club right now. I've heard they will be available around Christmas time, but I'm not holding my breath...

I shouldn't have a problem with them matching, I have a black interior.

Quick Reply: Finally Found One Negative