GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Exhaust tip

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 04:26 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

You can always order the chrome tip from your Lexus dealer and have them install it... That's what I would do, I'm not a DIY kind of owner...
Old 01-14-13, 04:15 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a link to what I purchased and installed. Very easy and looks great! This is the F-Sport one so it looks more sporty than the standard one. It is also from Sewell and they give a ClubLexus discount.
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2012/5429.html
Old 01-14-13, 05:15 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
Here is a link to what I purchased and installed. Very easy and looks great! This is the F-Sport one so it looks more sporty than the standard one. It is also from Sewell and they give a ClubLexus discount.
Nice looking tip! Looks just like the Gibson. (little pricy)

Koz
Old 01-14-13, 06:31 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Agree with Koz, Nice tip, but OUCH, Lexus Tax!
Old 01-15-13, 04:17 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Yea, it was a bit more expensive than the standard one but the ClubLexus disount made it easier to justify since I thought it looked a lot better than the standard one. I was surprised how heavy it is, very nice quality!
Old 01-15-13, 07:50 AM
Craig B

Yea, it was a bit more expensive than the standard one but the ClubLexus disount made it easier to justify since I thought it looked a lot better than the standard one. I was surprised how heavy it is, very nice quality!
Talked to Tom the other day, I might trade mine for the 2014 model this summer...
Old 01-15-13, 08:54 AM
Teddyofind
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
You can always order the chrome tip from your Lexus dealer and have them install it... That's what I would do, I'm not a DIY kind of owner...
I called my local lexus dealer, they quoted me $189 for special ordering it. I said no thanks. Is this typical price markup that dealers do?
Old 01-15-13, 08:57 AM
Teddyofind
Driver School Candidate

From the description on the product page, it sounds it is not hard to install at all. is it true? And how do you get the CL discount?

Last edited by Teddyofind; 01-15-13 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 04:06 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Talked to Tom the other day, I might trade mine for the 2014 model this summer...
That sounds great, isn't that when they are changing it to match the other Lexus models with the new grill and other features?

Teddyofind, I believe when you sign up for an account on the Sewell site there is a link for the ClubLexus user name for the disount, but I might me mistaken as I did it a long time ago. There might me a code on in the vendor section of ClubLexus as well. Does anyone else know for certain? The install was very easy, one bolt. If I can do it, anyone can!
Old 01-16-13, 04:11 AM
Craig B

That sounds great, isn't that when they are changing it to match the other Lexus models with the new grill and other features?

Teddyofind, I believe when you sign up for an account on the Sewell site there is a link for the ClubLexus user name for the disount, but I might me mistaken as I did it a long time ago. There might me a code on in the vendor section of ClubLexus as well. Does anyone else know for certain? The install was very easy, one bolt. If I can do it, anyone can!
Yes, that's when they will change the grill, some of the interior and navigation.
Old 01-16-13, 09:32 AM
Teddyofind
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Fabio!. I registered with my CL member and I got the discount price. NOt too shabby!

Last edited by Teddyofind; 01-16-13 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-17-13, 04:19 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Teddyofind
Thanks Fabio!. I registered with my CL member and I got the discount price. NOt too shabby!
Great! You will love the new tip!
Old 01-17-13, 04:24 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Yes, that's when they will change the grill, some of the interior and navigation.
You will have to share pics if you decide to pull the trigger. I am curious how it will look. Some of the new features they are including with the new models I am not very keen on, the old fashon clock in the middle of the dash is one of them. I hope they do not mess it up too bad.
Old 01-17-13, 06:08 AM
Craig B

You will have to share pics if you decide to pull the trigger. I am curious how it will look. Some of the new features they are including with the new models I am not very keen on, the old fashon clock in the middle of the dash is one of them. I hope they do not mess it up too bad.
Okay, I agree, I'm not a big fan of the mouse on the newer navigation. I've used it on
some RX loaners before and didn't really care for it. I didn't upgrade my LS 460, I didn't
think it was worth the $ for 5 HP and I think mine looks better than the new model.
Old 01-18-13, 03:50 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Okay, I agree, I'm not a big fan of the mouse on the newer navigation. I've used it on
some RX loaners before and didn't really care for it. I didn't upgrade my LS 460, I didn't
think it was worth the $ for 5 HP and I think mine looks better than the new model.
I am with you, the touch screen NAV controls are way better than the mouse. Easier to use and more intuitive. With smartphones being the standard phone now people are used to the touch screen interface to the point it is 2nd nature. I have used the mouse many times on loaners and hate it. And for the LS, there are some things on the new one I really do not like as well. I almost bought one instead of the GX but glad I did not.

Quick Reply: Exhaust tip