GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Starfire White with Black Interior (Any Help Would Be Greately Appreciated)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10, 11:07 PM
bspearson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Starfire White with Black Interior (Any Help Would Be Greately Appreciated)

I'm in the process of finding and purchasing a 2010 GX 460 but I've ran into a constraint that will delay the process by four months due to a need to custom order. My wife is not negotiable she wants a color combination that appears may not be currently available. (Starfire White exterior with Black Interior) Before ordering I had a couple questions I was hoping I could get some input on.

1) Has anyone come across this color combination in searching for your GX460? (I wish Lexus offered an online national search of dealer inventory)

2) Will I end up paying more by custom ordering? (It seems that I would want to negotiate a price before I mention that I want to custom order one or I'll be at a relative disadvantage in bargaining power)

3) Is there a chance that this color combination would become available in the next four months and is there any way of knowing this with any certainty?

4) Is it really going to take four months?

Last edited by bspearson; 04-10-10 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-11-10, 07:38 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Any good dealer can do a search in their region, or even a national search. If you were to order, I would wait for a 2011. I had my dealer do a search for mine and there were only two in the U.S. with my color combo and what I wanted on mine. Call around, or send emails to the dealers in your area. You shouldn't have to pay more for a special order, but expect to leave a deposit on your order. My dealer did a port trade and I waited about a month for mine. If you PM me, I can give you my saleman to talk to. I don't know if you would want to travel to Springfield, MO, but he was very helpful finding my car when no one else wanted to go to the trouble.
Old 04-11-10, 11:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bspearson
I'm in the process of finding and purchasing a 2010 GX 460 but I've ran into a constraint that will delay the process by four months due to a need to custom order. My wife is not negotiable she wants a color combination that appears may not be currently available. (Starfire White exterior with Black Interior) Before ordering I had a couple questions I was hoping I could get some input on.

1) Has anyone come across this color combination in searching for your GX460? (I wish Lexus offered an online national search of dealer inventory)

2) Will I end up paying more by custom ordering? (It seems that I would want to negotiate a price before I mention that I want to custom order one or I'll be at a relative disadvantage in bargaining power)

3) Is there a chance that this color combination would become available in the next four months and is there any way of knowing this with any certainty?

4) Is it really going to take four months?
Welcome to Clublexus. White/Black is not a popular color with Lexus owners and I believe its only readily available on the IS-F, then IS then LS. A Lexus may debut with white/black but due to no demand its discontinued and special order only.

Hmmmm I checked zipcode 30080 and I could configure a white/black GX premium.

So the bottom line is its rare for dealers to order white/black Lexus as they are not popular compared to the usual white/beige. So I can understand the special order.

However since it is a NEW model I am sure there are some white/black somewhere in the states and if they really want your business they can do an inventory check and do a "swap" for you.

Old 04-11-10, 10:04 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my White/Black without special order
Color combo is not really consider a special order, the option package will need special order, that's what I originally wanted, but I don't have a car to wait for 3-4 months.
My dealer located the color I want from port, and do an exchange for me with another dealership, I got the car in a week.
Dealership will prefer you get the car they have in stock, so no extra procedure need to do to find another one for you, I think that's why they told you need special order, try to make you buy the one they have in stock.
If you don't want extra package, I'm sure they can locate one for you in the US and ship it to you, but you just need to show your interest to buy one and put some deposit.
If you are really unlucky that there isn't any car shipping in to US is the color you like... then check back a week later, they should have new shipping information.
Old 04-12-10, 11:36 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ybing
I got my White/Black without special order
Color combo is not really consider a special order, the option package will need special order, that's what I originally wanted, but I don't have a car to wait for 3-4 months.
My dealer located the color I want from port, and do an exchange for me with another dealership, I got the car in a week.
Dealership will prefer you get the car they have in stock, so no extra procedure need to do to find another one for you, I think that's why they told you need special order, try to make you buy the one they have in stock.
If you don't want extra package, I'm sure they can locate one for you in the US and ship it to you, but you just need to show your interest to buy one and put some deposit.
If you are really unlucky that there isn't any car shipping in to US is the color you like... then check back a week later, they should have new shipping information.
As I stated, in the first year or two there will be sprinkles of white/black GXs but dealers rarely order that combo. You got lucky. As the GX ages the white/black combo will be SUPER rare.

I would love to see pics as that is a rare combo.

Old 04-12-10, 01:16 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find the problem with a black interior is that you can see dust on a sunny day. Not a big deal if you clean the interior often, but I'm such a lazy-*** that I don't wash my car, let alone cleaning and vacuuming the inside!!