GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Old 06-27-15, 01:30 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Seller shouldn't give you any problems with the return based on their policy. Just reiterate that you want a refund on your PayPal acct. Have you already shipped the package back to them?

Old 06-27-15, 02:27 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 815 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by GX460PREM
The Seller shouldn't give you any problems with the return based on their policy. Just reiterate that you want a refund on your PayPal acct. Have you already shipped the package back to them?
No, I wouldn't ship it without a RMA

I just noticed your post on Car Chat while having my truck washed before I drove it home in the rain.
Yes, the exhaust is now louder and it sounds great to me and everyone who notices it. I was afraid that it would be too loud and annoying especially if trying to use the phone while driving but it is a perfect rumble.

Last edited by tecman; 06-27-15 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-29-15, 06:12 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I scored a set, $66.98 As soon as I get them, install them and get out on the road at night I'll post my personal finding.

Thanks again!
Old 07-07-15, 12:17 AM
GX460PREM
Driver

Did you installed the COB LEDs yet?
Old 07-07-15, 06:11 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Did you installed the COB LEDs yet?
I did, on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning I dropped it off at the body shop since a unattended motorcycle ran in to me. So, I do know the DRL's looks nice but it's going to be awhile before I can report on the high beams.
Old 07-11-15, 09:54 AM
GX460PREM
Driver

Tecman...
Didn't hear from you. Did you get approved for your LEDs return? How about purchasing the COB LEDs that I recommended?
Old 07-11-15, 02:50 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

^^^ LEDs returned and finally got around to placing a bid on a set of COBs today.
Old 07-13-15, 07:03 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Here is a very good review of the XenonDepot 9005 LED bulbs used as DRL and high beams:

http://www.xenondepot.com/camry-led-...eview-s/50.htm

Steve
Old 07-15-15, 05:59 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I scored a set, $66.98 As soon as I get them, install them and get out on the road at night I'll post my personal finding.

Thanks again!
Looks like I got the same vendor. $66.98 bid and two days later, they are on the way. I plan to install them this weekend.

I did, on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning I dropped it off at the body shop since a unattended motorcycle ran in to me. So, I do know the DRL's looks nice but it's going to be awhile before I can report on the high beams.
Please do tell. What is the damage and what happened?
Old 07-16-15, 07:51 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by tecman
Looks like I got the same vendor. $66.98 bid and two days later, they are on the way. I plan to install them this weekend.

Please do tell. What is the damage and what happened?
$3k in damage, driving down a 2 lane interstate in heavy traffic moving about 45MPH I see a group of 60+ motorcycles coming through traffic from all sides, I happen to notice that as they pass me most of the do not have a license plate on them. Well a section opened up in front of me and next to me and 1 guy on a bike decided to pull a wheelie and while on one wheel ran in to the back of another motorcycle which knocked both guys off the bikes and one of the bikes took off on it's own and ran in to the side of my truck unattended. I then ran over the front tire of the bike with my rear tire after it bounced off my front fender and door. 30-40 of them stopped to help their buddy get his bike up and get it started and take off while saying to the guy "Don't worry, you don't have a plate, just go go go". Well, with 30-40 bikers and me and my senior citizen mother in the truck with me, there wasn't much I could do but let them go. I took a lot of pictures of the group but the bikes that had plates were not involved and the police said there is nothing they can do.

So, I picked it up from the body shop last night, looks perfect but I haven't been out at night yet to test the lights. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_3061.jpg  
Old 07-19-15, 05:11 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

I got to test the high beams on the LED's last night, while I wasn't super impressed I was let down either. I do not believe they are as bright as my PIAA Halogen bulbs but it's not a huge difference. They are a big improvement over the OEM high beam bulbs and the DRL's look great.

Just my .02
Old 07-20-15, 01:34 AM
GX460PREM
Driver

I got to test the high beams on the LED's last night, while I wasn't super impressed I was let down either. I do not believe they are as bright as my PIAA Halogen bulbs but it's not a huge difference. They are a big improvement over the OEM high beam bulbs and the DRL's look great.

Just my .02
Just curious... Why weren't you super impressed? What did you expect?

Tip: Be sure to align the COB LEDs 90 degrees for the full light projection. See photo from my earlier post.

Comparing COB LEDs to halogen bulbs, the COB LEDs operate at a cooler temp and design is more appealing, high beam also function, DRLs and high beam mode emit 6000K super white color, luxurious than the yellow color.
Old 07-20-15, 06:14 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Just curious... Why weren't you super impressed? What did you expect?

Tip: Be sure to align the COB LEDs 90 degrees for the full light projection. See photo from my earlier post.

Comparing COB LEDs to halogen bulbs, the COB LEDs operate at a cooler temp and design is more appealing, high beam also function, DRLs and high beam mode emit 6000K super white color, luxurious than the yellow color.
I do like the look, and I do like the output but all in all the PIAA halogens were brighter at night. I did not like the yellowish color of them and that's why I wanted the LED's. I was not looking for only color and luxurious "Look", I wanted a brighter bulb as I do a lot of night driving in the country with a lot of deer who like to run out on front of me so light output is more important to me than light look.
Old 07-20-15, 09:25 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

We have had very positive feedback from our customers that have installed the XenonDepot 9005 LED headlight bulb.

Steve
Old 07-20-15, 10:47 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
We have had very positive feedback from our customers that have installed the XenonDepot 9005 LED headlight bulb.

Steve
How do they perform in DRL mode? Any Flashing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!