GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Old 08-02-12, 11:00 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

sounds good. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Steve
Old 08-08-12, 01:10 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok, I was looking to do the HID upgrade to my 12 Base GX, I took off the cover and pulled off the silver cup thing off the top and got stumped! I saw the DIY pictures but I couldn't even see the bulb in there. Help?

P.S. I need to buy a 6K HID kit.
Old 08-09-12, 12:47 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hey,

You would need to get an H11 HID kit to upgrade the low beams on ¥our GX =) I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss if you would like. Alternatively, feel free to give me a call toll free at 1877-522-2701.

Steve
Old 12-09-12, 04:14 PM
khiroshima
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got to install my LEDs from XenonDepot, wow . . . easy

I have no idea why it too me so long to get my act together-- Once I got the nerve to pop the light casing open, it was a snap. For the driver/passenger dome light (it was mentioned in an earlier post, but I was skimming . . . .), it is easiest to pry from the hinge side of the light.

One comment, I should have noticed this, but didn't. The XenonDepot (kbcarstuff.com) GX460 LED Dome Light Kit (product # 980385) does NOT come with the LEDs for the doors, it only comes with (duh), the dome lights. I guess not a huge issue, but I would have thought a "kit" would have included the door LEDs as well.

I guess I will be putting in another order for the (4) door LEDs as well-- Very pleased with the product; I bought the dome light kit and the LEDs for the running boards, thanks! KH

12 hour edit-- WOW, be warned, these dome lights are BRIGHT. I'm reconsidering the replacement of all six bulbs, it's practically daytime when you open the doors

Last edited by khiroshima; 12-10-12 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-11-13, 11:14 PM
sv1669
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PUTCO Halogens anyone?

has anyone tried 4000k halogens from PUTCO? How much better they are from stock ones? Just don't want to do all the HID drilling and etc..
Old 02-12-13, 07:55 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sv1669
has anyone tried 4000k halogens from PUTCO? How much better they are from stock ones? Just don't want to do all the HID drilling and etc..
Putco is actually in the process of re designing their halogen bulbs and they are not available in all colors.

If your looking for better halogen bulbs in 4000K, I would recommend going with the Philips Crystal Vision or Xtreme Vision bulbs depending on your fitment. Osram also offers their Nightbreaker Plus halogen bulbs.

Here are some examples of them installed and reviewd on our blog.

Philips Crystal Vision Halogens Bulbs

Osram Nightbreaker Plus Halogen bulbs

Hope this helps,
Danny
Old 06-20-14, 06:17 AM
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

I have a GX-2014 top model and recently my friend bought the same but from another dealer. I noticed he had white light instead of yellow inside the cabin and under the vehicle...Has Lexus started installing white LEDs instead of yellow ones?
Old 06-20-14, 06:31 AM
bigsley18
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMushtaq
Hi,

I have a GX-2014 top model and recently my friend bought the same but from another dealer. I noticed he had white light instead of yellow inside the cabin and under the vehicle...Has Lexus started installing white LEDs instead of yellow ones?
Ask him if he installed a set or if he paid extra for a set because I know Sewell sells an interior LED set on that website. But as far as I remember, the interior is completely halogen.
Old 06-20-14, 08:02 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

The 2014 GX uses standard 194 / T10 bulb for the interior map and dome lights:

http://www.xenondepot.com/2014-gx460...bs-s/29893.htm

Steve
Old 06-20-14, 10:40 AM
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigsley18
Ask him if he installed a set or if he paid extra for a set because I know Sewell sells an interior LED set on that website. But as far as I remember, the interior is completely halogen.
He is not a person who will do anything by himsef... He got it as it is.... I like white light inside the cabin ....
Old 06-20-14, 11:06 AM
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,

The 2014 GX uses standard 194 / T10 bulb for the interior map and dome lights:

http://www.xenondepot.com/2014-gx460...bs-s/29893.htm

Steve
Steve,

Kindly confirm if i need to order 980385 to replace all roof Doom lights? What about door lights and about the part number for the 4x running board lights? Also confirm if these can be shipped to Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by ZMushtaq; 06-20-14 at 11:23 AM. Reason: need more information on shipping
Old 06-20-14, 11:12 AM
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by khiroshima
Finally got to install my LEDs from XenonDepot, wow . . . easy

I have no idea why it too me so long to get my act together-- Once I got the nerve to pop the light casing open, it was a snap. For the driver/passenger dome light (it was mentioned in an earlier post, but I was skimming . . . .), it is easiest to pry from the hinge side of the light.

One comment, I should have noticed this, but didn't. The XenonDepot (kbcarstuff.com) GX460 LED Dome Light Kit (product # 980385) does NOT come with the LEDs for the doors, it only comes with (duh), the dome lights. I guess not a huge issue, but I would have thought a "kit" would have included the door LEDs as well.

I guess I will be putting in another order for the (4) door LEDs as well-- Very pleased with the product; I bought the dome light kit and the LEDs for the running boards, thanks! KH

12 hour edit-- WOW, be warned, these dome lights are BRIGHT. I'm reconsidering the replacement of all six bulbs, it's practically daytime when you open the doors
HI Khiroshima,

What do you mean by dome light kit for the running boards, do we need to install a kit to replace the original bulbs?
Old 11-10-14, 08:46 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZMushtaq
Steve,

Kindly confirm if i need to order 980385 to replace all roof Doom lights? What about door lights and about the part number for the 4x running board lights? Also confirm if these can be shipped to Saudi Arabia.
Part number 980385 would included LED bulbs for the map and dome lights for a 2010 - 2013 GX460. The bulbs for the doors and running boards are sold separately.

Please check the XenonDepot vehicle lighting guide to see what bulbs you may need.

Yes we can ship these to Saudi Arabia.

Danny
Old 02-07-15, 07:37 PM
ActionJack
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have any secrets on getting your hands to the front parking lights to swap out with LED's? I was able to remove all the push pins to take the cover off but I can't seem to turn the bulb housing on the passenger side. I couldn't even get my hand to the parking light that's on the battery side. Any ideas would be great.
Old 02-08-15, 02:59 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Does anyone have any secrets on getting your hands to the front parking lights to swap out with LED's? I was able to remove all the push pins to take the cover off but I can't seem to turn the bulb housing on the passenger side. I couldn't even get my hand to the parking light that's on the battery side. Any ideas would be great.
I have replaced mine twice, I used channellock or standard pliers for the extended reach.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!