GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 04:42 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dungtran
yeah that my GX . i just installed bodykit front and rear
you ordered from KHANN?
i wrote them awhile back to try and get a distributor here in US, but no luck.
Nice wheels they offer.
Old 08-17-15, 01:54 AM
Simon2320
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me with my gx

Hey guys I am new here and is currently a new 2015 gx460 owner. I have a concern and please if any gx owner can help me would be amazing. 2014-2015 models. I look into the back of the back door which is the huge one in the back of the car. There's a kind of like a tool kit for swapping your spare wheels. I notice some of the slot of empty. Like I am missing a few tools. If anyone can kindly take a picture of their tool kit set and send it to me it would be amazing. I am pretty bummed out right now
Old 08-17-15, 06:02 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon2320
Hey guys I am new here and is currently a new 2015 gx460 owner. I have a concern and please if any gx owner can help me would be amazing. 2014-2015 models. I look into the back of the back door which is the huge one in the back of the car. There's a kind of like a tool kit for swapping your spare wheels. I notice some of the slot of empty. Like I am missing a few tools. If anyone can kindly take a picture of their tool kit set and send it to me it would be amazing. I am pretty bummed out right now
No Need to be bummed, it's fine, normal, there are a few threads about the same topic. Mine looks about half empty as well.

Enjoy your new GX and welcome aboard!!
Old 08-17-15, 11:02 AM
dungtran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T4Fun
you ordered from KHANN?
i wrote them awhile back to try and get a distributor here in US, but no luck.
Nice wheels they offer.
Now anything bodykit or rim lx or gx from Khann i can get for u. I'm his worker. Im leave usa. I can ship for u just go khann.ru email for him this is his email: sagitov@khann.ru and tell him Dungtran from Northcarolina introducer u ok. And u can deal with him anything and i can ship for u
Thank you
Old 08-24-15, 06:39 AM
knownbliss
Driver School Candidate

new forum member here...

got a hand me down 2011 GX460 from my wife. we were the 2nd owners... bought it with 40k miles. this is also our second GX, we had a 2004 470.

1. 2011 GX 460 (base i think)
2. white exterior, gray interior
3. Navigation with entertainment package.
4. park assist, remote start options

i am going to out a roof rack on it, probably yakima and LED it out. i am coming out of a Denali and really like this vehicle much more than i thought i would. now i wish we would have gotten the LX!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-photo-aug-24-08-32-03-1-.jpg  
Old 08-28-15, 07:37 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Long time member here, checking in my 15' gx460! My father had purchased a 2006 gx470 around 2008 or so certified, and the more I've been driving around in his truck here and there, the more I appreciated and felt the comfort of a Lexus. My x6 was a decent looking truck (IMO) and handled well for the pig that she was, however I was tired of the small quirks it always had, that required me to bring it in. I hated the service centers at BMW and the service in general! Also that sporty ride was suffering for all occupants, as we always jarred around inside the vehicle, even hitting the smallest of dips (especially being in NYC)! Over the years our family has gone thru the whole lineup of Lexus' and I truly understand and appreciate why they are superior in many regards IMO.

Looking for a three row SUV was priority, as we are looking God willing to expand our family! I understand the new RX won't have that option for a bit longer and I am still a little uneasy on it's looks, so I decided to step into my familiar Lexus dealership. I understand they were having the Golden opportunity event, however that was on the Base models only and in the northeast there aren't any 2015 Base models left. Anyhow, long story short I went in with an open mind to colors and options, GPS being my only priority, and they had one remaining 2015 model Nebula/Sepia with the Premium pack and Blind Spot Monitor left. This particular dealership had a couple more 15's on the boat over, however they were packed with more options, probably even the Luxury package.

Once again I was reminded as to why Lexus was superior in all regards to the buying experience, and why it felt to familiar and comfortable dealing with them! I was able to negotiate getting out of my BMW 4 months early, as they will pay the remaining payments, and also get the GX for $400 above invoice, throwing in some accessories, couple of free oil changes, and getting the two front windows tinted to match the rears (I do this on every car, it bugs me out to see them uneven)! It was for a 3 year lease with 12k miles.

Ride quality on the new GX without the air suspension and standard KDSS is definitely to my exact liking! It's not as soft and bouncy as our older GX with the air suspension and stays more planted, however it's not as rough as the X6! The only things I miss is the the trajectory yellow lines when backing up in the X6, the booklet shows it's available with park assist however I couldn't find it, only the solid blue lines that don't move! I also miss the premium sound the X6 had, and all of our other Lexus' including my F and my mothers LS460, even my fathers GX470 has Mark Levinson, and I have the standard audio.

Pics coming soon!
Old 08-31-15, 03:29 AM
THOMASK33
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Timing and Opportunity

@nysupraman, I totally agree about the Lexus dealer...if you get a true hearted Lexus dealer they truly aim to please, they make you feel special..it's almost addicitive.. However, it sounds like you got a truly special deal..and I'm jealous. One thing I wish also had is the park assist, I have a habit of being a little whop sided even basic vehicle now come with back up lines, so I hope Lexus get on board really soon...Glad you are enjoying your purchase...

Kim
Old 09-03-15, 06:35 PM
lulugirl89
Driver School Candidate

Hello All!

After a brief 5 month stint with my first Lexus (NX 200t) I fell in love with the look and size of the GX 460 and had to make the switch. In spite of the depreciation hit for the NX I am ecstatic with the decision and love, love, love my GX!

1. Year and package- 2015 Premium
3. Color or the exterior and interior- Silver Lining/ Ecru
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson- Navigation
4. Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc)- BSM, Park Assist, Resistall, Wheel & Tire Protection

Last edited by lulugirl89; 09-03-15 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-04-15, 07:58 PM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the GX family. Great choice on the exterior color.
Old 09-06-15, 02:11 PM
GBSGX
Driver School Candidate

Default New GX

Picked up a 2015 GX 460 about two weeks ago. Very happy with it & glad to back in a Lexus!

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg
Old 09-07-15, 06:22 AM
THOMASK33
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That is beautiful....that grill really sets it off. I have the 2012 and yours put mine to shame...I wasn't able to get the sporty wheels...still trying to find some that are affordable....but again congratulations and please ride with your head held high...you deserve it

Kim
Old 09-12-15, 03:28 PM
westtx28
10th Gear

New member from Texas here. Picked up a new 2015 GX for my wife. We are out in the country and have a fleet of Toyotas. She beats the hell out of her Land Cruiser and now that we've sent a daughter off to college she wanted something a little smaller. The good folks at Sewell found the color combo we wanted with 5 miles on it. I found a guy in Fort Worth that did a great job installing clear bra on the frontal areas. I'm very impressed with this truck so far. Did a lot of research and many reviewers and critics seem to think a BOF vehicle like this makes no sense vs the alternatives. Maybe the market is smaller but it is exactly what we were looking for. It will be interesting to see what happens after model year 2016.

1. 2015 W/ Premium Package
2. Nebula Gray / Black
3. Navigation
4. BS Monitor, HL Washer, Mahogany SW, & couple other small things.

Old 09-12-15, 03:33 PM
crimaudio
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful, and you got the right color!
Old 09-12-15, 03:44 PM
westtx28
10th Gear

Originally Posted by crimaudio
Beautiful, and you got the right color!
Thanks. You're the Land Cruiser guy. We think alike.
Old 09-12-15, 03:48 PM
crimaudio
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by westtx28
Thanks. You're the Land Cruiser guy. We think alike.
Yes, great minds (or not so great)...

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE