GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-15, 08:10 PM
Swede08735
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 11GX460
I doubt you will ever find an online manual that is in .doc or text. PDF allows manufacturers to make it brochure-like and offer a level of security at the same time. However, you can download it in .pdf and then convert it yourself, but the format, graphics, and fonts will require some editing, if you so choose. Hope that helps. And congrats on your GX 460. Please do post a picture when ready.
Thx. Will post pic soon as I get a new camera {sigh}. As for PDF, really really don't like it but I guess I'll have to ... {frustrated grimace}

I found the "Navigation" manual and it is much easier to handle/navigate than the ponderous imponderable run all over town ("See page ,,," every other line) biggie. It at least answered some questions.

Dealer (Ray Catena Monmouth, Oakhurst, NJ) is great. 2 calls today:

1) Q: "Can I lock the key in the car?"
A: "Just a minute, I'll find out"

She had to ask several "techs". Not many knew. Finally:
A: "Can't lock them in front seat, but can if behind (aft) the front doors."

(Note - Keyless start. Press a button to start but won't start unless key is in vicinity. To lock the car (not really a good enough noun to describe what the 460 is) there's a little (almost invisible) dimple on the outside handle to touch. Again the key must be ... To open the car, just put your hand inside the handle and it unlock.s Again the ....)

2) Q: "Blind Spot Mirror flasher not working. It was yesterday so I must have turned it off somehow."
A: "Just a minute, I'll find out"

This one took a lot longer and a few more techs but finally:
A:: "There is a control on the right hand side of the steering wheel that turns it on/off. ." (Note and does more ...)

I'll say one thing, the BSM is right slick!!! As soon as an object (car, person, ...) enters the "blind zone" a little orange flasher turns on at the outer edge of the mirror, Cool.

Also if object is too close to the front, it beeps a warning, Back too, I think.

The reverse camera shows a parabolic? view backing up with maybe a 30 degree (guess) angle each side of the car. Great picture with lines so you can judge distances quite well.

If Lexus would ONLY design a manual as slick as their cars ..... {grrrr}

Enough for now.

Thx your reply.

Swede
Old 06-24-15, 11:42 AM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

Just switched from my '08 GS350 to a 2010 GX Premium with 75K miles.

Black on Black with Chrome Rims
Nav with ML
Factory RSES
Park Assist
Heated Steering Wheel (not that I need it)

Looking forward to enjoying this new rig and putting plenty of miles on it.

Now with photo!

Last edited by daman7676; 06-30-15 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 07-01-15, 08:04 AM
markm109
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GX 460 Owner

Picked up our new (used) GX on Monday after several months of looking at various vehicles.

1. 2013 GX 460 Premium
2. Black exterior, Black interior
3. Navigation with Mark Levinson
4. Park assist, remote start options included

Garage has been without a Toyota for 2 years when for some stupid reason I sold my 2011 FJ Cruiser. This is my 2nd Lexus, 8th Toyota. My wife finally caved. She loved her 2011 Subaru Outback but it was having problems. She couldn't stop drooling after test driving the GX 460. We bought the third one we test drove. The first two being at Lexus dealerships with high prices. This one we got at a Buick dealer (can't imagine who would trade it in for a Buick?).

Anyway, already used the forums to determine the tires I'm having put on, Michelin LTX M/S 2, the GX has 41,000 miles and the tires will need replacing by winter. There is a $70 rebate right now on a set of 4. It didn't have a key lock for the wheel locks so figured out how to get another (that was what that little plastic bag was in the manual folder). Figured out I could just bolt on a class III hitch since the wiring was already there. And will be looking at roof rails or rack options next.

We didn't like the 2014 - 2015 X grills so we went with the last year before the change, 2013. And I've already bought the GX it's own iPod nano which works very well plugged into the USB. That's about as technical as I get. I'm going to have fun this weekend programming the garage door and syncing our phones.

Love the GX so far. I have it in regular mode for driving, the comfort mode is too bouncy for my taste. And it only came with one key. Debating whether I need a second or not. I can imagine what that is going to cost.
Old 07-01-15, 04:43 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by markm109
Picked up our new (used) GX on Monday after several months of looking at various vehicles.

1. 2013 GX 460 Premium
2. Black exterior, Black interior
3. Navigation with Mark Levinson
4. Park assist, remote start options included

Garage has been without a Toyota for 2 years when for some stupid reason I sold my 2011 FJ Cruiser. This is my 2nd Lexus, 8th Toyota. My wife finally caved. She loved her 2011 Subaru Outback but it was having problems. She couldn't stop drooling after test driving the GX 460. We bought the third one we test drove. The first two being at Lexus dealerships with high prices. This one we got at a Buick dealer (can't imagine who would trade it in for a Buick?).

Anyway, already used the forums to determine the tires I'm having put on, Michelin LTX M/S 2, the GX has 41,000 miles and the tires will need replacing by winter. There is a $70 rebate right now on a set of 4. It didn't have a key lock for the wheel locks so figured out how to get another (that was what that little plastic bag was in the manual folder). Figured out I could just bolt on a class III hitch since the wiring was already there. And will be looking at roof rails or rack options next.

We didn't like the 2014 - 2015 X grills so we went with the last year before the change, 2013. And I've already bought the GX it's own iPod nano which works very well plugged into the USB. That's about as technical as I get. I'm going to have fun this weekend programming the garage door and syncing our phones.

Love the GX so far. I have it in regular mode for driving, the comfort mode is too bouncy for my taste. And it only came with one key. Debating whether I need a second or not. I can imagine what that is going to cost.

My used truck only came with one key also. I felt uneasy about it so I ordered an additional fob from Sewell Lexus and had a metal key cut as well.
I am not sure if you can get this from Sewell, but you can buy it online from eBay or or other sites like this.
http://www.remotesremotes.com/2011-L...ker-s/4519.htm

Lexus charges a standard $50 to program a fob (not sure of the metal key cut charge). If you buy the fob from Lexus I think it is $300+

Congrats on your GX.
Old 07-07-15, 05:01 PM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

Hi all im Boyette from houston Texas just got L/CPO 2014 white GX 460 at Sterling McCall Lexus Southwest Freeway it has 19200 mls. kind of and .....level KDSS issue
Old 07-15-15, 04:02 PM
crimaudio
Driver School Candidate

Hello, new guy here - just picked up a new GX460 for the wife today, bringing our Land Cruiser count to three (I drive a 2003 Land Cruiser and have a '72 FJ40 as my 'fun' vehicle).

Here are the details about the GX:
1. 2015 luxury
3. Nebula gray peral exterior with ecru leather interior
2. Navigation and Mark Levinson stereo
4. The only options this one has are the Levinson sound system, preferred accessory package, tow hitch package, and exhaust tip.

Love it already - it rides similarly to my Land Cruiser and all the bells and whistles are nice. I really love the ventilated seats and power third row, the wife will love the heated seats and steering wheel when we finally cool down.

Old 07-15-15, 06:14 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

^^^ Nice, congrats sir.
Old 08-02-15, 06:52 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

New guy,

1. 2010 Lexus GX460
3. Knights Armor Pearl Paint / Black Leather Interior
2. Navigation
4. 18" TRD BBW RW-T Powdercoated Satin Black wrapped with Michelin LTX MS/2, VLED LED's throughout including Fog Lights, 20% Tints up front, Full Exterior Ceramic Pro Paint Protection, EBC Yellow Brake Pads, More to come...

Name:  2015-08-02%2014.43.21-1.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  334.2 KB
Old 08-03-15, 06:16 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome Neighbor!
Old 08-03-15, 10:08 AM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! Welcome to the club!
Old 08-11-15, 07:05 PM
3rgc
Driver School Candidate

Default New member

First Lexus, 2014 GX 460 Base model with Nav., tow package. Exterior is Tungsten Pearl Black interior.
mods: CB radio, 3' Firestick, home-made mount on roof rail. Extra 12v outlets, front and rear.
Old 08-12-15, 06:38 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3rgc
First Lexus, 2014 GX 460 Base model with Nav., tow package. Exterior is Tungsten Pearl Black interior.
mods: CB radio, 3' Firestick, home-made mount on roof rail. Extra 12v outlets, front and rear.
CB radio and a 3' antenna.....why
I would like to see pictures of that please.

Please post pictures of the 12v outlets here,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-gx-460-a.html

congrats on your GX and welcome to CL
Old 08-14-15, 04:35 PM
dungtran
Driver School Candidate

Default Gx 460 2014

[

Old 08-14-15, 05:19 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

^ ....your GX?
Old 08-14-15, 09:40 PM
dungtran
Driver School Candidate

yeah that my GX . i just installed bodykit front and rear

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE