GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-12, 10:11 AM
ShawShank
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by msv94
Hello to everyone! Just wanted to share that last night I picked a 2012 gx460 fully loaded (all options) besides a hitch for my wife. My wife has been lookin for a car for a while now we have test drove a number of cars gl550 (used), New Infinti jx35, Acura mdx, and she did not like any of them. Personally I liked the Gl550 but we did not want to spend 90grand to buy a new one and used ones were running 68-70 with 20,000 miles just not worth it. Especially being that german cars tend to have a lot of reliability issues. Anyway, we test drove the new jx35 this past weekend and she did not like it so on our way home I talked her into going to look at the Lexus Rx even though she wanted a 3row suv. She drove it but was turned off at the fact that it did not have 3rows. The salesman then took us out back and showed us a fully loaded gx and it was love at first sight for her. I dont know why we never thought of looking at this car. I guess cause there is not many on the road so never crossed our minds. I at first was not to excited about the car but after taking it out for a ride I liked it also. There are some gripes I have with it is it seems a little underpowered for such a big truck. Maybe cause I drive a Infinti fx50 and Z06 vette and am use to a little more power. For her it is more then enough though. Handling is a little floaty and its top heavy but Its in comfort mode so I have to try it in sport mode. Another thing I wish they did was put some larger rims and tires on it to fill out those large wheel wells. Maybe they were concerned with hurting ride quality cause it definetly floats butter smooth. Interior is gorgeous besides the center stack I feel like they could of made that more luxurious for a pretty hefty priced luxury suv. We got $3500 of msrp ($66,750) and a $1500 rebate for trading in another luxury brand rival for a lexus. They also gave us $3500 for our 119,000 mile 99 infiniti qx4. not sure if this is a good deal or not but it is what it is. But overall this is a nice suv and the wife is happier then ever so that whats important. Now let the modding begin )
Congrats on the purchase! Now prove it with some PICS!!!
Old 03-30-12, 12:53 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Hello to everyone! Just wanted to share that last night I picked a 2012 gx460 fully loaded (all options) besides a hitch for my wife. My wife has been lookin for a car for a while now we have test drove a number of cars gl550 (used), New Infinti jx35, Acura mdx, and she did not like any of them. Personally I liked the Gl550 but we did not want to spend 90grand to buy a new one and used ones were running 68-70 with 20,000 miles just not worth it. Especially being that german cars tend to have a lot of reliability issues. Anyway, we test drove the new jx35 this past weekend and she did not like it so on our way home I talked her into going to look at the Lexus Rx even though she wanted a 3row suv. She drove it but was turned off at the fact that it did not have 3rows. The salesman then took us out back and showed us a fully loaded gx and it was love at first sight for her. I dont know why we never thought of looking at this car. I guess cause there is not many on the road so never crossed our minds. I at first was not to excited about the car but after taking it out for a ride I liked it also. There are some gripes I have with it is it seems a little underpowered for such a big truck. Maybe cause I drive a Infinti fx50 and Z06 vette and am use to a little more power. For her it is more then enough though. Handling is a little floaty and its top heavy but Its in comfort mode so I have to try it in sport mode. Another thing I wish they did was put some larger rims and tires on it to fill out those large wheel wells. Maybe they were concerned with hurting ride quality cause it definetly floats butter smooth. Interior is gorgeous besides the center stack I feel like they could of made that more luxurious for a pretty hefty priced luxury suv. We got $3500 of msrp ($66,750) and a $1500 rebate for trading in another luxury brand rival for a lexus. They also gave us $3500 for our 119,000 mile 99 infiniti qx4. not sure if this is a good deal or not but it is what it is. But overall this is a nice suv and the wife is happier then ever so that whats important. Now let the modding begin )
Congratulations!
Old 04-02-12, 12:52 PM
msv94
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry been busy lately but I took some quick pics today before taking off to work.
I am not to sure how to post pics but I will try and just give you guys a direct link to the photobucket acct. I put some pics in with some others I had.

Old 04-02-12, 12:54 PM
msv94
Driver School Candidate

Oops let me try it again.

http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx42/kenanv/
Old 04-02-12, 01:16 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice, looks just like mine with the exception of the interior.

I'm really jealous of the three car garage. Is that a white 300ZX in the pic in the garage? I had a white 300ZXTT back in the day.
Old 04-03-12, 01:17 PM
msv94
Driver School Candidate

Thank man! Yes that is a 93 300Z good eye. Bought it new in 1993 I had a nice hahn bodykit on it. Thing was nice one of my favorite sport cars i have owned.
Old 04-24-12, 06:25 PM
Caldave
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus

Hey all!

Just wanted to post something quickly for now. I just picked up my 2012 Lexus GX Premium this past weekend (after waiting couple months for the build/delivery).
- Knight's Armor with Sepia interior
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Front/Side monitor with Pre-Collision/Driver Attention/Dynamic Radar Cruise control/Lane Departure Alert
- Preferred Accessory package
- Tow Hitch

My first Lexus but had a 1996 4Runner before someone ran into it - totalling the truck. So, wanted another 4Runner but opted to upgrade and get the GX. Big difference though from the '96 4Runner but enjoying it so far.

Also, just officially joined the board and hoping to get a lot of great ideas. Also, know several others on Toyota boards but thought I should join the Lexus one. I'll hope to get pics up later.
Old 04-25-12, 06:24 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Caldave
- Front/Side monitor with Pre-Collision/Driver Attention/Dynamic Radar Cruise control/Lane Departure Alert
Pretty cool you got it pretty much fully loaded. I went back and forth about the pre-collision/radar cruise/wide view monitor but ended up not ordering mine with those. Sometimes I wish I would have just ordered those options.
Old 04-25-12, 09:33 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Caldave
Hey all!

Just wanted to post something quickly for now. I just picked up my 2012 Lexus GX Premium this past weekend (after waiting couple months for the build/delivery).
- Knight's Armor with Sepia interior
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Preferred Accessory package
- Tow Hitch

My first Lexus but had a 1996 4Runner before someone ran into it - totalling the truck. So, wanted another 4Runner but opted to upgrade and get the GX. Big difference though from the '96 4Runner but enjoying it so far.

Also, just officially joined the board and hoping to get a lot of great ideas. Also, know several others on Toyota boards but thought I should join the Lexus one. I'll hope to get pics up later.
Congratulations and welcome!
Old 04-30-12, 05:51 PM
IchibanDJ
Driver School Candidate

Fellow GX owners, I just wanted to say that I've had my GX for a month now and I think it's finally growing on me (long story) but thought I'd post and say hello regardless... I also have a couple of pics up on another thread. Have a smooth week and Aloha!
Old 04-30-12, 09:20 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Hey everyone. Just had my GX delivered today and so far I couldn't be happier. Felt like Christmas morning when the trailer pulled up. I'm so glad I didn't settle on another color or on features. It feels so different from my 2010 RX which I traded in Pics to follow soon. So
Old 05-13-12, 12:21 AM
FJ460
Driver School Candidate

Hello all! We just picked up a used 2010 GX460 for the wife yesterday. I've got a Toyota FJ Cruiser, so we have a happy Yota/Lexus garage!
Old 12-15-12, 06:16 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i guess no one is buying a gx anymore, cause we dont see any new posts here?
Old 12-20-12, 08:48 AM
Teddyofind
Driver School Candidate

proud new owner of a 2013 GX, replaced our 10 years old 4Runner
Old 12-20-12, 05:30 PM
khiroshima
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't posted here, but I have been on board and active for the past three months--

I love my truck and it doesn't bother me a bit that I don't see one at every stop light, it's a feature! KH

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE