GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 04:40 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio98
How are you doing so far keeping the black exterior clean?
I know you didn't ask me, but I have a black one. My dealer offers free car washes and gives you one everytime you go for service. Since I've been there about 2 times a week since I got it (DVD drama) it's been kept pretty clean.
Old 03-24-10, 05:53 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaGX
I know you didn't ask me, but I have a black one. My dealer offers free car washes and gives you one everytime you go for service. Since I've been there about 2 times a week since I got it (DVD drama) it's been kept pretty clean.
Yes, they do a great job of washing it at the dealer. If it were more convenient, I would only get mine washed there.

Any update on the DVD drama? Are they going to get the active headrest DVD's for you?
Old 03-24-10, 12:17 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Yes, they do a great job of washing it at the dealer. If it were more convenient, I would only get mine washed there.

Any update on the DVD drama? Are they going to get the active headrest DVD's for you?
Lucky for me it's right by work. I decided I didn't want to deal with it anymore and they just gave me my $$ back. I don't trust the product from that manufacturer and decided it was dumb to pay $2K for a dvd player my kid MIGHT use once in a while. And we even have a portable one that he used with my old car. So I now have boring, cheap and comfortable headrests. The dealer did say he's not going to order GX ones from that company anymore until they change it and he's going to find another vendor.
Old 03-25-10, 01:08 PM
SharpSpurs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,
Update on Towing Package.
Sent an e-mail to Lexus.com with my questions posted here.

Lexus said to contact my local dealer parts department for further information on the towing package and the contents with it.

Ybing, again thanks for the pics. From those it does appear the GX comes with the
7/pin and 4/pin harness.

WannaGX
When you commented that it comes with a class III hitch from the dealer, can you verify. Class III are only good to 5000 LBS capacity, while the GX is rated for 6500 LBS. capacity, requiring a class IV hitch.

Thank you all for your help
Mike
Old 03-25-10, 05:00 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't read the owner's manual, but does anyone know if the driver's seat memory settings can be linked to the Smart Key?
Old 03-25-10, 05:50 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Originally Posted by SharpSpurs
WannaGX
When you commented that it comes with a class III hitch from the dealer, can you verify. Class III are only good to 5000 LBS capacity, while the GX is rated for 6500 LBS. capacity, requiring a class IV hitch.
Mike
Ahm, my hubby says: "class III, class IV, what's the difference." Sorry guys. Last time I rely on him. . . .
Old 03-25-10, 06:01 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by akfd
I haven't read the owner's manual, but does anyone know if the driver's seat memory settings can be linked to the Smart Key?
Yes, it's on page 81 of the manual.

First, you save your preset 1 or 2.

Then press and hold the preset button and at the same time press the unlock button.

You can then go get the other smart key and repeat the same process using the other preset button.

You can only do this for one smart key at a time. The other smart key should not be in the car.
Old 03-25-10, 06:32 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A little off topic here, but since someone is talking about towing stuff, I want to ask the package didn't come with a tow ball, so does it mean need to buy separately or it will come with the trailer?
Old 03-25-10, 08:40 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
A little off topic here, but since someone is talking about towing stuff, I want to ask the package didn't come with a tow ball, so does it mean need to buy separately or it will come with the trailer?
Yes, you need to buy one. Go to local walmart and should find out for about $10. make sure you get one that fits your trailer. I use two different one. Jetski trailer is using 1 7/8 and UHAUL 2
Old 03-26-10, 06:26 AM
NoNameDFW
Driver School Candidate

We just took delivery of our GX460. Took about a month to get here from port (Long Beach, CA).

Knights Armour Pearl/Black
Premium
Nav/ML Audio
Remote Start
Glass Breakage Sensor
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Parking Assist
Factory Rear Seats DVD
Preferred Accessory Package
Chrome Wheels
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_1309.jpg  
Old 03-26-10, 08:30 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NoNameDFW
We just took delivery of our GX460. Took about a month to get here from port (Long Beach, CA).

Knights Armour Pearl/Black
Premium
Nav/ML Audio
Remote Start
Glass Breakage Sensor
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Parking Assist
Factory Rear Seats DVD
Preferred Accessory Package
Chrome Wheels
Very nice!

This is my first time seeing the Knights Armor with Black.
Old 03-26-10, 09:31 AM
NoNameDFW
Driver School Candidate

Very nice!

This is my first time seeing the Knights Armor with Black.
Thanks! We really, really, really wanted a black/black however there were none to be found in the config we wanted and apparently none on the way. Special order was an option however waiting 4 months for delivery wasn't viable for us... I'll get used to the color...
Old 03-26-10, 10:49 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

It is a nice color.
Old 03-26-10, 03:23 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that exact same color on the streets today, and it looks very good! Not as flashy as Tungsten Pearl, but still special enough to be noticed.
Old 03-27-10, 12:43 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Yes, you need to buy one. Go to local walmart and should find out for about $10. make sure you get one that fits your trailer. I use two different one. Jetski trailer is using 1 7/8 and UHAUL 2
I want to get a Jet ski badly... but its expensive...

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE