GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010 GX Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 07:18 AM
itsZep
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 GX Pics

2010 GX 460 Pics (from an e-mail I got today from my dealer)

(I'm sure some have already seen these...but maybe others have not)

Not crazy about the looks yet...some are ok...maybe it will grow on me.

(This one is ok)

(This one is not ok)

(This one is ok...I guess)

(This one is not ok)

(This one is ok I guess)

(This one is not ok)

(This one is ok...I guess)
Old 12-17-09, 08:39 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

I am sure it looks better in person.
Old 12-17-09, 09:27 AM
dbacf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting to see it in person, due in at local dealer on 12/23. They sent me a post card indicating I could call them to put my name on the buy list?
Old 12-17-09, 09:40 AM
itsZep
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus 4 ME
I am sure it looks better in person.
I bet you're right.
Old 12-17-09, 11:37 AM
GxTex
Driver School Candidate

The profile looks really really nice, although I still think it's too bulky and disproportionate to the wheels/tires (Like the new Tundras). I think we can all thank the Transformers movies for these new design ideas... IMO the old GX exterior styling wins.
Old 12-17-09, 01:42 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

If it has an adjustable suspension, you can keep it. I got the clunk fixed now the ride is **** and dealer says its normal. I am out. Trading in POS.
Old 12-17-09, 02:28 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sure it will be a very capable car but a low volume seller.
Old 12-18-09, 06:57 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think they went from a unique, one-of-the-best-looking-SUVs-on-the-market, to a much more generic SUV look. I do not like that part. If it is fantastic on the road, I might get over it.

The BIG thing I'm hoping is that they didn't drop the roof too much. I sat in and inspected a new 4Runner last week and it feels like an FJ Cruiser on the inside -- short gun-slit windshield, low ceiling, and high doors are VERY different and more confined feeling than our current GX, and I believe much moreso than the prior 4Runner. I do not like that part AT ALL, but otherwise the 4Runner moved upscale quite a lot.
Old 12-18-09, 07:23 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've actually seen the new truck at the Los Angeles auto show and I was just like all of in the beginning. I was skeptical of the new design direction and some of the design quirks that were showing up on the new Lexus vehicles but after seeing the truck in person, my person is that Lexus did a good job of keeping the car on the "masculine" side of the design spectrum and also creating a new generation vehicle look while at the same time allowing people to recognize (to some extent) that there's a link between the previous generation GX. Unfortunately, the LA auto show only had one truck there for people to check out and if I recall correctly, it was either a silver or the champagne color. I would like to see it in the new grey color. From what I've seen so far, it seems to look best in darker colors because it allows the chrome to actually pop out and thus allows you to see the details of the design.

The interior is def very well done especially with all of the new luxury ameneties.

So, to say that I was put off at first with the design is correct to say, but it seems that the design has grown on me.

To compare, I also saw the new 4Runner and although the exterior does look nice if not a little butch, the interior was horrible. It looked cheap and very downscale but then again, it is a Toyota and not a Lexus. Of course, the materials will not be up to the same standards but imo, I think Toyota could have done better with the material.

On a side note, the LF-A at the show was sik! The car actually had a crowd of people gathering around it and it looked sik in pictures and even more so in person. They had a white one there and it was awesome! Way to go Lexus for building the LF-A! Now, let's bring back the Supra and make an equivalent in the Lexus range. We know Toyota is capable of builidng sports cars (but are known for econo boxes) so let's just do it!
Old 12-18-09, 12:40 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bam

To compare, I also saw the new 4Runner and although the exterior does look nice if not a little butch, the interior was horrible. It looked cheap and very downscale but then again, it is a Toyota and not a Lexus. Of course, the materials will not be up to the same standards but imo, I think Toyota could have done better with the material.
Good input on the GX. Re: the 4Runner, are you comparing it to the GX, or to the previous 4Runner? I thought the loaded one I saw was a move upscale from the prior 4Runner, short windows and some "butch" (I agree) design elements aside.
Old 12-18-09, 02:36 PM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Good input on the GX. Re: the 4Runner, are you comparing it to the GX, or to the previous 4Runner? I thought the loaded one I saw was a move upscale from the prior 4Runner, short windows and some "butch" (I agree) design elements aside.
The 4Runner is def on a lower level in terms of interior materials when compared to the GX. I've been in previous gen 4Runners and although I've never owned one, I have owned Toyotas. Granted I wasn't in the 4Runner for a lengthly amount of time but for the time that I was in there, one of my first thoughts was regarding the sub-grade interior material (imo, even for a Toyota). Maybe over the years, they'll improve the interior material.

I'd actually like to note that in the picture above with the GX in the red, I actually think that this is a good picture to actually show of the details of the truck. Keep in mind that red on a truck is not necessarily my first choice but I think that pictures shows the details of the front end very nicely. It shows the design of the grill and the headlights, along with the front bumper and how the designers took an evolutionary step and not a revolutionary step. I actually like the front and back. I still don't like the side swinging rear door and I'm not too fond of the side fender flares. just my $.02.