I received an e-mail from Lexus today with a link to the latest copy of Lexus Pursuits magazine:
With a V8 engine and full-time four-wheel drive, the GX gives you the power to handle almost any adventure—while delivering the best V8 fuel-economy ratings in its class . But the GX isn't just about amazing feats of strength. With third-row seats that disappear at the touch of a button, it's also astonishingly versatile. See how the GX can help you conquer your busy lifestyle.
I took a quick look at the website, which was not as clear as I would like, but my impressions:
1. No more 4wd low. Just regular all time 4WD, but still with a pushbuttom type locking differential and limited slip differential. I'm not sure if this is quite a crossover yet, but it is getting there.
2. Only 2 small seats in the last row, making it seating for 7 and not 8. They don't seem to come out.
3. Fold flat second and back row seats - one of them by pushbutton. I'd really like to see this in person to get an idea of the cargo area. This might be an improvement.
4. Still has the opening rear door, but now has a small opening window in the rear. (Hatch type window).
5. New Nav with a lot of voice activation, takes audio CDs, hard drive nav disk, and much improved interface with a USB port for controlling IPODs as well as a regular audio jack - even blue tooth for mp3 players. Darn I would like this - too bad I just extended the warrenty for my four year old 06! Doesn't say if nav is touch screen, if not that would be a serious downer for me.
Here is the link: