Here is my analysis and thoughts of the new 2011 GX interior:
- Lexus did a goob job to differentiate it from the new Prado interior; it looks a lot more expensive than the Prado interior
- the design is quite different to the Prado interior, unlike the current 1st generation GX that has an identical interior to the 1st gen Prado
- It uses the same 'brushed metal' material as the LX, and the center stack and console both look very well integrated; more integrated than the 1st gen GX
- The center console area around the shifter looks extremely well integrated; the center console and center stack overall have more of a "one piece" look than the 1st gen GX
- 1st gen GX center stack and console look like they were cobbled together from 20 different pieces; the new GX interior looks a lot less cobbled together, Lexus should be applauded for this
- There is quite a bit of leather in the interior, notice along both sides of the center console where the shifter is, leading upwards along the dash where it meets more leather
- Lexus managed to greatly differentiate the new GX interior from the new Prado, while making the interior look tough and rugged, and at the same time expensive and luxurious
- We can see that the door panels on the new GX look be very different than the new Prado doors
- I like the new steering wheel design far more than the goofy Toyota steering wheel on the 1st gen GX
- The only thing so far I don't like is the wood trim piece surrounded by metal trim on the right side of the dash
- NAV screen is bigger than the 1st gen GX
- I like the GX steering wheel better than the LX steering wheel
- Overall, I really like the fact that the new GX interior looks
like a Lexus interior; the 1st gen GX despite being a high quality interior looks like
a Toyota interior, because it is identical to the Prado
I would like to see more pictures of the new GX interior, but so far I really like what I see. I have some high hopes for future Lexus interiors, based on the interior updates Lexus made for the 2010 ES, and 2010 LS along with this new GX interior.
Originally Posted by Rashoodz
I have a feeling this picture been taken in the Middle East, just because I see Land Cruisers and LX lol.
I hope! because we never had the GX in the Middle East.
I think you did have the Prado there didn't you, which was almost identical to the 1st gen GX
There is a very good chance the new GX should make it to more markets, like the Middle East.