GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Third Row Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-03, 09:06 AM
CaptPJB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third Row Seats?

I notice that the third row seats are listed as an option however my dealer says they do not make the GX without them. Since I have no use for them, they are too small for an adult does any one know if it is possible to get the GX without them as a special order? That brings up the question of the rear AC is it part of the third row seat package?

Thanks in advance for any help or insite.

Peter
Old 07-22-03, 12:16 PM
lexite
Driver

I think it is incorrect that GX470s are not made without 3rd row seats. Yes many come with 3rd row but there would be some with none. My guess is that if you are firm on it your dealer would find one for you. There shouldn't be a need for special ordering. One of those Flarida dealers (JM lexus, I think) has huge inventory online. You may find what you want in that and point it out to your dealer.

I do think that the separate rear AC is linked to the 3rd row package. I wanted 3rd row seats mainly for kids because most of the time whenever we are more than 4 passengers we have one or two kids with us. I like the modular design of the 3rd row in that half of the seat can be folded or removed if you want seat for 6th passenger.
Old 07-22-03, 01:54 PM
trentpa
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy 3rd Row

Most GX's have the 3rd row of seats, but they can be ordered without. However, in order to get the rear A/C and the DVD entertainment system, you MUST get the third row. I went through the same issue, and decided that I wanted the DVD and rear A/C more than I didn't want the third row (they easily remove and might add value on resale).
Old 07-22-03, 06:31 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My GX does not have 3rd row seats. It did limit the options somewhat.
Old 07-22-03, 06:47 PM
stevelaw
Driver

Default Cap'n, I'm giving her all she can take....

Quote from Scotty in Star Trek - you know, "the dilithium crystals are deteriorating fast, what'll we duuuuu(Scottish for "do")....

I'm shopping right now for the GX. Being in Houston, you will want the rear air conditioning, which you can only get with the third row seats (yes, quite the scam). My kids are adult now, so I don't need the DVD in the back seat (too hard to reach the accelerator and the brake from back there, and for now I still want my wife in the front with me) I interviewed in Houston for a job one time - until then I thought the summer heat in Florida was oppressive!!!!

All I can do is suck it up, spend the $$ to get the A/C, and hope that those seats will help a little on resale value.

P.S. Pls ignore typos = I am the world's worst typist, and am too tired to proofread tonight. Best of luck in your quest.

P.P.S Why did the unknowns always beam down to the surface with Kirk, Spock, and Doc - they surely must have known they would meet a terrible fate 20 minutes into the show?
Old 07-24-03, 01:19 PM
modelaford
Driver

Thumbs up

The early 03, you could get without the rear seat and A/C but not the mid 03 on up.
Old 07-25-03, 09:13 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

My dealer told me that those who bought a GX in December and January had a chance to get a gx without the third seat. I don't have a third seat and it was the only gx that came in my dealer without a third seat. I know it is the only one without a third seat because we ordered with ivory interior and the only one that came in was charcoal, so we still took it. If we didn't take it, 2 other guys would tke it. Luckily I was the first one on the list for a gx without third seat. I'm for sure I'm the only one without third seat in Fresno california because I was at the dealership almost everyday, just to get inside of a gx, but were all presold. I almost got my gx before getting a brochure.

2003 Lexus GX470
Sand Dollar Pearl
Charcoal Interior
6th in Fresno
Old 07-26-03, 06:45 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Cap'n, I'm giving her all she can take....

Originally posted by stevelaw
Quote from Scotty in Star Trek - you know, "the dilithium crystals are deteriorating fast, what'll we duuuuu(Scottish for "do")....

I'm shopping right now for the GX. Being in Houston, you will want the rear air conditioning, which you can only get with the third row seats (yes, quite the scam). My kids are adult now, so I don't need the DVD in the back seat (too hard to reach the accelerator and the brake from back there, and for now I still want my wife in the front with me) I interviewed in Houston for a job one time - until then I thought the summer heat in Florida was oppressive!!!!

All I can do is suck it up, spend the $$ to get the A/C, and hope that those seats will help a little on resale value.

P.S. Pls ignore typos = I am the world's worst typist, and am too tired to proofread tonight. Best of luck in your quest.

P.P.S Why did the unknowns always beam down to the surface with Kirk, Spock, and Doc - they surely must have known they would meet a terrible fate 20 minutes into the show?
just out of cuirocity where in houston have you shopped around and what kinda prices are you getting?? i think i am gonna get another gx and i am not gonna pay sticker this time.. you can pm me if you dont want to post it thanks
Akash
Old 07-27-03, 06:11 AM
stevelaw
Driver

Default I'm in Tampa, not Houston

"just out of cuirocity where in houston have you shopped around and what kinda prices are you getting?? i think i am gonna get another gx and i am not gonna pay sticker this time.. you can pm me if you dont want to post it thanks
Akash"

Sorry Akash, but I am in Tampa Fla, not Houston - my posting was a little confusing (and don't even ask me what made me go into the Star Trek theme, as I don't really know myself!!). In Fla there apear to be a lot of 2003 models still around. My experience was discounts of around 8-9% off MSRP on all colors except white. I ended up with around 7.5% off the white model we have ordered. Hope to take delivery next month (just hit port on 7/25, and the dealer seems pretty motivated to get the car on its July sales report.
Old 07-27-03, 08:14 AM
modelaford
Driver

Question

Steve, Is the white GX you have ordered a 03? And does it have the new suspention? Hitch. and new airbag system? There seems to be a lot of confusion as to 03-04 models. Lexus does not offer any info.
Old 07-27-03, 02:48 PM
stevelaw
Driver

The white one I ordered is an '03. No hitch (as far as I know). Do not know re new suspension. I have not heard about new airbag system, so I don't know.

My dealer is not too "up" on new developments (e.g. he insisted that the second half GX's were over the 6000 lb gvw level for tax purposes, until I asked him to call Lexus HQ and confirm.). When we get the vehicle, I'll take a peek underneath, but not knowing what the "old" suspension looks like, I'm not too sure what I will be looking for. I'll probably just post a few pix here and you experts can tell me what I have!!
Old 01-18-17, 09:24 AM
gsp480
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

08 model here and I have 3rd row and rear a/c and DVD option. I took the third row out but I've got them if I need them.
Old 01-18-17, 09:48 AM
drowssap
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Again with the thread revival! Hilariously awesome!
Old 04-13-17, 06:52 PM
Caanuck2
Driver School Candidate

Default WTB 3rd row seats - Tan

Any of you near me in Toronto Canada? I am looking for a set for my recently acquired 2008 GX470. I never thought of it but maybe I can offer extended storage at a reasonable cost for your seats?

Let me know if any of you wants to sell a set!

Last edited by Caanuck2; 04-13-17 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 04-13-17, 08:48 PM
Dmeadow
Rookie

Originally Posted by Caanuck2
Any of you near me in Toronto Canada? I am looking for a set for my recently acquired 2008 GX470. I never thought of it but maybe I can offer extended storage at a reasonable cost for your seats?

Let me know if any of you wants to sell a set!
I've got a set I'd like to sell. Not sure if it is worth it for you to ship from Houston, though. They are tan and came out of a 2008 GX with less than 50k miles. PM me if you are interested.