GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

3rd Row Seating

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 12:03 AM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd Row Seating

Hi i was in the mist of buying a clean low mile 03 today but it didn't have 3rd row seating.I was trying to tell the dealer that i can just buy them 2nd hand and he still refused to sell me the truck.He just kept saying there's no brackets for a 3rd row in this year and he was asian so I just left it at that.was this guy right because I really wanted to buy this truck.thanks club.
Old 02-22-17, 05:32 AM
pennswoods
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be ok. My dad has an 03 GX and it has 3rd row seating that we took out, so it has brackets. I hope the GX is in decent condition and you are getting a good deal, this dealer sounds shady as **** though.
Old 02-22-17, 06:14 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Look for the 3rd row seatbelts. There's one on each side and a center belt that is tucked into the roof near the cargo light.

IIRC, there were very few GXs sold without the 3rd row seats. You got a retractable cargo cover instead.

Chip H.
Old 02-22-17, 07:16 AM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay Chip but if I'm not mistaken I didn't see any of that.I'll have to take a second look today he was basically saying I don't want to sale you the truck because I don't want you to come back asking for your money back because it's not a 3rd row.As for his lot they have alot of new pre-owned luxury Asian cars
I really want this one because my wife is pushing for a qx56 I hate that truck talk about a gas guzzler but when I tell her about the the transmission cooler line leaking into the tranny or the exhaust manifold leaking and the brakes going out while driving well you get the point to me it's lexus or nothing and this is supper clean.

Last edited by daddyduke; 02-22-17 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-22-17, 01:07 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

The other clue is that the standard one (with the cargo cover) doesn't have the rear A/C system. So if you can get a photo of the inside back-right panel (just inside the cargo door) if there's no grille there, there's no third-row seat.

Chip H.
Old 02-22-17, 01:41 PM
GXallday
Driver

Originally Posted by chiph9
The other clue is that the standard one (with the cargo cover) doesn't have the rear A/C system. So if you can get a photo of the inside back-right panel (just inside the cargo door) if there's no grille there, there's no third-row seat.

Chip H.
That's the subwoofer grille. The A/C vents are in the ceiling.
Old 02-22-17, 10:59 PM
808GX
Driver School Candidate

I have looked at a couple of gx470 that did not have 3rd row seating while looking for my gx. Best clue is the rear cargo floor is flat without the grooves to attach the 3rd row seats into. Aside from missing floor attachments, it will not have the brackets to install the 3rd row seats. This is the best photo I can find https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ml#post8320069
Old 02-23-17, 05:59 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GXallday
That's the subwoofer grille. The A/C vents are in the ceiling.
The return for the roof-vents is near the floor on the back-right of the vehicle. The sub is above the wheel-well by the "arm rest" and cupholder.

You can see the return in this photo down near where the seat belt is attached at the bottom.

On a GX without the 3rd row option, that return vent won't be there, nor the seatbelt, nor the bars in the middle of the floor that the seats clip into. And I'm pretty sure the sub isn't there either (no ML option on base models)

Chip H.

Chip H.
Old 02-23-17, 11:17 AM
LoneHiker
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You cannot add the third row to a GX that doesn't already have it. If it's missing the floor brackets, the side brackets that are up above the wheelwells, and the third row seat belts, that GX did not have the third row option and it can not be modified. The "Asian" was correct.
Old 02-25-17, 10:54 PM
drowssap
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edited for private convo with Luap

Last edited by drowssap; 02-26-17 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-26-17, 08:17 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
I am the farthest thing from being PC but that asian comment has been bothering me ever since reading it for the first time. Lets remove the obvious that it is racist.....I don't understand at all how it was even relevant to point out.....but then I think that is what makes it racist!
you are too sensitive there's nothing wrong with that statement
Old 02-26-17, 08:51 AM
drowssap
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luap
you are too sensitive there's nothing wrong with that statement
Edited for private convo with Luap

Last edited by drowssap; 02-26-17 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-26-17, 10:24 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

all right , you wnat to start something , that's obvious
Old 02-26-17, 12:35 PM
drowssap
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luap
all right , you wnat to start something , that's obvious
No ....No I am not! To prove it I edited my previous posts and am sending you a PM directly so we can talk privately.
Old 02-27-17, 08:08 AM
jrit
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 gx470 3rd row seats not sitting flat

Does anyone know why my third row seats wouldn't sit evenly/ flat on the floor? I think I might be missing something because when I put the seats down, they are slanted in the opposite direction of each other. I can't find anything to explain why this would be happening. I just got the car, am folding the legs down but it looks like there should be something on the other sides to level them out. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 3rd Row Seating